Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Crash
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Just picked up a Earthshaker and was wondering if anyone knew about this mod that sinks the building into the playfield during that mode?

#2 10 years ago

There is/was a guy who made that mod for sale. It's not currently in production, I think. The code is in the game, and the space is available. The mod kit included the motor, mounting bracket, instructions, etc. Just a matter of installing it, if you can find and purchase it.

It is pretty cool.

Edit: here it is -
http://www.basementarcade.com/arcade/4sale/Earthshaker/index.html

#3 10 years ago

I built my own. Check out the You tube link:-

I asked the chap who made the one on basement arcade if I could have a copy of the drawings as he wasn't making any more but he refused to give me any information. So I ended up designing and building it myself. I was able to make a simpler design than his as mine used a single CAM with two micro switches next to each other.
Unlike him I am quite happy to share my design and if you are interested I can dig out the photos I took and post them here. No drawings or circuit diagrams though I'm afraid.
Andrew

#4 10 years ago

Al Warner made a small batch of these two years ago, but is now sold out.

He is a regular here on Pinside.

If you ask him, he will probably make one for you.

#5 10 years ago

Pretty sure I picked up his last kit. It was easy to install and works great. Email him , you never know , maybe he will make up another.

#6 10 years ago

I have that mod in my machine, it's cool, but not really necessary for game play.

People who come and play it for the first time remark on the shaker, not the sinking building. In fact, I don't think anyone (non-pinhead) has mentioned the sinking building.

Robert

3 months later
#7 10 years ago
Quoted from andrewhannay:

I built my own. Check out the You tube link:-
» YouTube video
I asked the chap who made the one on basement arcade if I could have a copy of the drawings as he wasn't making any more but he refused to give me any information. So I ended up designing and building it myself. I was able to make a simpler design than his as mine used a single CAM with two micro switches next to each other.
Unlike him I am quite happy to share my design and if you are interested I can dig out the photos I took and post them here. No drawings or circuit diagrams though I'm afraid.
Andrew

This is awesome. Great work! Wish you had circuit diagrams though...

2 months later
#8 9 years ago

There's not much in the way of circuit diagrams, I used a 12v car relay to switch the motor on and off which is controlled by the Earthshaker driver pcb and the two micro switches feed back to the Earthshaker input circuit.

1 year later
#9 8 years ago

I did get the upgrade to my Earthshaker. I think it was a guy in Norway. We emailed back and forth and I love it. I am not an electrician and had my tech come in and install it. He was very pleased with the way it turned out. I think it was $150 or so. Go for it. It is cool seeing the machine in its cool limited edition form.

#10 8 years ago

A typical cube relay would work for this, most likely the original design too. Just wire up your custom driver harness and attach to the bottom of the playfield.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-14423-1

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RRB Crafts

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/earthshaker-sinking-building-mod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.