33%

(40 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-570.jpg
3AF57505-D5D6-43DA-ACE1-6168AFD4082D.jpg
89CDB004-82AA-4C9A-99D8-12EC6E5FBF70.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Okay so I just finalized a deal for a game, and I have a deal in place for another to come in this summer. I am currently at capacity. 5 in spare bedroom, 3 in living room (can fit one more). Don't need to but should sell something for space issues mostly and money towards summer game would be nice.

On the chopping block I have Spring Break and TFTC. I have come up with some pros and cons to each but would appreciate others input.

Spring Break:
Pros: Flawless, really good shape, was HUO until I put it on route from November - March this past year. Would most likely sell quickly at a reasonable price as it is what I like to call a Trudeau classic. Would create the space I need, and realistically it is one of my less played pins due to it not being as deep, but great game for guests.
Cons: Don't see many for sale, could be hard to replace in the future. I got the game because it has a Spudz McKenzie on it like my dog, and there is a guy wearing a tank top that says "Tommy" which is my name which makes me feel like I am suppose to own it. Level of 80's cheese almost unmatched by any other pin, again hard to replace.

TFTC:
Pros: Playfield almost perfect and cabinet is very nice, recently shopped last fall, and had board work done by a professional haven't had any problems at all since it was serviced and have service form of everything that was done. One of Data East's best games, very popular, would get me more money towards my summer game as well. Didn't like it at first and tried to bail on it early, but since I have grown to really enjoy its difficulty (still haven't gotten Crypt Jam and that bothers me). Early production unit with green inserts in the head that cast green glow on ceiling (according to IPDB maybe only 30 of them built this way). See them for sale often easy to replace in the future if it is missed too much (although I said that about Baywatch and regret selling it).
Cons: Inside of the cabinet is scratched, needs mirror blades or paint touch up. Fear that price will continue to rise on this one and I wont be able to replace in the future for what I sell for now (obviously could happen to any pin, but less likely with spring break I feel).

Okay what are your opinions and ideas? Thanks for any help.

#2 10 years ago

I think I've only seen 1 spring break for sale. If I recall, graphics alone made it a keeper. Can you post some picts?

#3 10 years ago

Tough call, but I would keep the Spring Break. Hidden gems really round out a collection, and nobody does cheesy hidden gems better than Trudeau . My Deadly Weapon is the same way.

#4 10 years ago

Sorry not the best pictures but just some quick ones I snapped yesterday to send to a friend who had never seen the game before, don't do the condition justice but I can take more when I go home for work in a bit. I really thought that this thread would tell me to sell off Spring Break ASAP, I am glad that I am not the only one who thinks its sweet.

89CDB004-82AA-4C9A-99D8-12EC6E5FBF70.jpg89CDB004-82AA-4C9A-99D8-12EC6E5FBF70.jpg 3AF57505-D5D6-43DA-ACE1-6168AFD4082D.jpg3AF57505-D5D6-43DA-ACE1-6168AFD4082D.jpg
#5 10 years ago

I voted to sell TFTC. If there's one thing I've learned, it's that you can't count on the machine you're looking for being for sale when you are looking to buy. When you find a game that you like, such as spring break, that rarely comes up for sale at all you better hold on to it if you want to be sure to see it again.

#6 10 years ago

So surprise move came home and told girlfriend about the new game and dilemma and her orders are to sell the extra futon to have more pin space I really need to wife her up ASAP. Ignore poll, lock thread, whatever works but thanks for the input looks like I will be just overloaded on pins and still happy.

#7 10 years ago

... and I just wanted u to ask how much for the Spring Break... ahaha ...

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from splitskull:

And I just wanted to ask u how much for the Spring Break...

Never mind the Spring Break. How much for the understanding girlfriend?

#9 10 years ago

Spring break is the bottom of the barrel as far as pins go IMO you might as well keep it cuz it's not gonna get you more than 50 bucks and laughed at nice photo backglass hahaha. :lol:I kidd I Kidd

#10 10 years ago

That girlfriend will be worth $10k by Christmas

#11 10 years ago

Yeah I was shocked but certainly won't complain

#12 10 years ago

Nice...that worked out well!

So what are the 2 new games?

#13 10 years ago

AG soccer-Ball and the other will remain a mystery until it's a done deal

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#14 10 years ago

She knows the more pins in the house now the more pins you can sell later for a wedding

Careful bro!

#15 10 years ago

Sell both and get a StarTrek or a Metallica or AC/DC premium. Way better games than the two you are trying to choose from.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Never mind the Spring Break. How much for the understanding girlfriend?

LOL LOL LMAO. Post of the week nominee.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I really need to wife her up ASAP

Pics or she doesn't exist bro!
HaHa

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Sell both and get a StarTrek or a Metallica or AC/DC premium. Way better games than the two you are trying to choose from.

I think you are confusing better with newer and shiny.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Very good choice! An awesome game if you entertain and have guests over.
Please pm Mattelder (pinside name) your serial number when you get it…it'll make his day.

#21 10 years ago

Will do have already been talking with him. Thanks.

Quoted from PW79:She knows the more pins in the house now the more pins you can sell later for a wedding
Careful bro!

Oh shit.....terrible idea!

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Congrats...AG Soccer Ball is a great pickup...great party game

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from dj_xwing:

Congrats...AG Soccer Ball is a great pickup...great party game

I agree, cool game for guests, and a true pinball novelty!

I like it more than USA Football, even though I never played soccer as a kid!

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I think you are confusing better with newer and shiny.

Ha! Hit the nail on the head

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from jewboyflowerhead:

Ha! Hit the nail on the head

A wise man (pinballwizard79) once explained to me "I love my lotr and tspp, but...do I really get $4,000 more enjoyment out of them than my Baywatch or WWFRR? NO!" , I've used this mantra ever since. I get what I can afford and enjoy the hell out of it. NIB will be a gift to myself one day, but that day is in the distant future.

#26 10 years ago

Dude, does she have a sister?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
RGP Models

$ 18.95
1,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sullivan, WI
$ 18.95
£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 64.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gainesville, GA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dont-know-what-to-sellhelp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.