(Topic ID: 9815)

DMD Era: Most Under/Over Rated Game

By TheStranger

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 159 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 10 years ago

Over: MM. Fun, but not $8k fun;
    Under: RBION, WPT, Dr Who, SG, WoF... You might get 4 of them for the cost of a MM...

#152 10 years ago

Over: CV and IJ One is pretty to look at the other just ok and neither is fun to play.
    Under: Popeye and LW3 Both are fun and crowd favs. Not sure why they are so low and IJ is so high. Both beat the pants of IJ and it's horrid gameplay. Loose and sloppy is how I would describe that game.

#153 10 years ago

Over: CV, MM, AFM...
    Under: HS2, HS, Monopoly

I have no idea why CV is so highly priced. I mean, it's pretty simple. Don't get my wrong, it's a fun game. But not $7000 fun. It's definitely not as deep or as fun as Addams Family, Funhouse, etc IMO. AFM is the same way as CV. MM, not so much, but still a good runner up. YMMV of course.

#154 10 years ago
    Quoted from triumph:

TAF overrated? No way, Ray. Not IMO.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

#155 10 years ago

Overrated: Tron, CV
    Underrated: NGG

#156 10 years ago

Interesting to see JP get a lot if under rated votes, but I've had one and LAH, the LAH is far more fun than JP.

3 years later
    #157 7 years ago

Any new opinions on this? I'm looking for a 2nd pin to go with my HS2. I think I have narrowed it down to somewhere from the DMD era. I of course like good gameplay, but like the whole package to be there; artwork, sound, gameplay; something you just want to keep playing. I love playing my Getaway, and don't see ever selling it. I am by far not a great player, so something fun and cool is what I'm looking for. I like how the DMDs add to the game. Thoughts on this now?

#158 7 years ago

It's really different for every person. I see a lot of MMs and TAFs in the list for overrated, but I would definitely get $8k of enjoyment out of a MM(r). And a HEP restored TAF is the last pin I plan to purchase. Waiting on that for last for obvious reasons.

My only real advice is to go play a LOT of pins from this era and find one you think you'd like to be able to play every day. There aren't really any machines from this era I *dislike*, but there's a number I'm neutral on. Some of my favorites besides TAF/MM are AFM, WH20, Road Show, Fish Tales, STTNG, Congo, Corvette, and Banzai Run. But there's a huge variety of game feels there, you'd have to play them to decide.

#159 7 years ago

Overrated = Whatever is the most recently released pin at the time
    Underrated = Dr. Who

There are 159 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dmd-era-most-underover-rated-game/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.