Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3AF26A43-3101-454C-A28B-7F2A66817C5E (resized).jpeg
all_first_part.gif
ballsaver-raw-Copy.gif
carcrash-raw-Copy.gif
image.jpg
There are 399 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.
#151 10 years ago

I found the missing 5th ball. it is under the elevator apparatus but doesn't affect the operation of the elevator and I see no way to get it out without doing major surgery. The ball must have gotten there when i lifted the play field or jumped a rail?? Anybody know an easy way to remove it? If not I will leave it and get another ball

#152 10 years ago

I've gotten stuck balls out of hard-to-reach areas by using one of them magnets on a telescoping handle..

#153 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I've gotten stuck balls out of hard-to-reach areas by using one of them magnets on a telescoping handle..

I don't see any place/ space /crack large enough to be able to pull it through.

#154 10 years ago
Quoted from Jwjsr:

I don't see any place/ space /crack large enough to be able to pull it through.

It got in there somehow.

#155 10 years ago
Quoted from Jwjsr:

I found the missing 5th ball. it is under the elevator apparatus but doesn't affect the operation of the elevator and I see no way to get it out without doing major surgery. The ball must have gotten there when i lifted the play field or jumped a rail?? Anybody know an easy way to remove it? If not I will leave it and get another ball

I just had a flash back!!!!
I got a ball stuck under there and I don't know how but it eventually found its was to inbetween the elavator opto board and the motor. The elevator moved and the ball crushed the opto board - destroying it. I think you should get it out.

#156 10 years ago
Quoted from jamescardona:

I just had a flash back!!!!
I got a ball stuck under there and I don't know how but it eventually found its was to inbetween the elavator opto board and the motor. The elevator moved and the ball crushed the opto board - destroying it. I think you should get it out.

thanks

#157 10 years ago

I've run into a bug twice today.

Started frenzy mode by selecting it with the crane.
Ball dropped along the ramp over the lit 'access claw' switch.
Voice says 'claw activated'.
Next shot is up the claw ramp, where the ball falls into the elevator, is lifted, and then hangs there.
A message on the screen says "Locating one ball", and the claw arm rotates over to the ball.

Then the game goes in endless loop until it is powered off.

#158 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I've run into a bug twice today.
Started frenzy mode by selecting it with the crane.
Ball dropped along the ramp over the lit 'access claw' switch.
Voice says 'claw activated'.
Next shot is up the claw ramp, where the ball falls into the elevator, is lifted, and then hangs there.
A message on the screen says "Locating one ball", and the claw arm rotates over to the ball.
Then the game goes in endless loop until it is powered off.

So even though you just started a claw mode, the claw will remain active if you have claw modes stacked - this is normal behavior with the code. You can have 2 or more claw modes running simultaneously.

If the ball is not being recognized at the elevator then the opto there is probably dirty. What should happen is that it should eventually go into ball search the claw should grab the ball and drop it on acmag. Are you saying that the ball is not picked up in ball search? Is the elevator not moving? I would clean both your elevator optos.

#159 10 years ago

So even though you just started a claw mode, the claw will remain active if you have claw modes stacked - this is normal behavior with the code. You can have 2 or more claw modes running simultaneously.
If the ball is not being recognized at the elevator then the opto there is probably dirty. What should happen is that it should eventually go into ball search the claw should grab the ball and drop it on acmag. Are you saying that the ball is not picked up in ball search? Is the elevator not moving? I would clean both your elevator optos.

Yea... I've never had a single problem with this ever on the original code. Nor is there a problem with this mechanical feature except for when the exact procedure I've outlined above is followed 100%.

Like I said, I've done it twice today, and no ball search ever finds anything. I let it sit for 15 minutes before shutting it off, and when powered on again, the ball search finds the ball immediately.

When there is some lag between starting the frenzy mode, and hitting the claw ramp, this doesn't happen. Hit the claw ramp immediately after starting the frenzy mode (first shot), and you might see this.

Just reporting what I've experienced if it's helpful.

#160 10 years ago

dupe. Sorry.

#161 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Yea... I've never had a single problem with this ever on the original code. Nor is there a problem with this mechanical feature except for when the exact procedure I've outlined above is followed 100%.
Like I said, I've done it twice today, and no ball search ever finds anything. I let it sit for 15 minutes before shutting it off, and when powered on again, the ball search finds the ball immediately.
When there is some lag between starting the frenzy mode, and hitting the claw ramp, this doesn't happen. Hit the claw ramp immediately after starting the frenzy mode (first shot), and you might see this.
Just reporting what I've experienced if it's helpful.

Okay, I just read through the code. this is a bug. Good catch. What is happening is that the claw service doesn't end until the 10 sec timer expires, even though you already started a claw mode right away. Then you hit the claw shot again, but the code thinks you are still in the claw service so it doesn't restart and just sits there. I will have to fix that so that as soon as any claw mode starts the claw service is reset and waiting for a new ball.

Looks like we will be going to 0.92?
Anyone find any other bugs while I am updating?

#162 10 years ago

Looks like we will be going to 0.92?

When my game kicks it out of the lower left scoop into the inline, it's more powerful than the kick in the original code and it bounces out of the inlane around 1/3 of the time. I haven't seen this mentioned, so I guess this isn't a problem for anyone else. Or maybe the added power helps others.

One other request off the top of my head:
Is there any way to make holding down the start button (once all players are on ball 2) start a new game? It's a useful feature to have, and not just for "throwing out" a bad game here and there.

#163 10 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

When my game kicks it out of the lower left scoop into the inline, it's more powerful than the kick in the original code and it bounces out of the inlane around 1/3 of the time. I haven't seen this mentioned, so I guess this isn't a problem for anyone else. Or maybe the added power helps others.

Same happens on my game.......

#164 10 years ago

same here

#165 10 years ago

I'm a beta tester for the GI OCD module, so I actually use GI Dimming with LED's... I noticed it stopped dimming once I installed this code. Even verified the Adj settings to ensure Allow GI dim was yes, and GI Dim level was dimmest setting. No go.

It's on my list of things to check, I need to hook my laptop to the GI OCD board and see whats going on and then if that is not it, I'll go back to factory ROM and let you know.

In the mean time, anyone else using GI dim without issues?

#166 10 years ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:

I'm a beta tester for the GI OCD module, so I actually use GI Dimming with LED's... I noticed it stopped dimming once I installed this code. Even verified the Adj settings to ensure Allow GI dim was yes, and GI Dim level was dimmest setting. No go.
It's on my list of things to check, I need to hook my laptop to the GI OCD board and see whats going on and then if that is not it, I'll go back to factory ROM and let you know.
In the mean time, anyone else using GI dim without issues?

that may be an unsupported feature in freewpc. I thought I had removed all the unsupported features from the options menu, but I think I missed that one. I am not sure how many lines of code it would take to add a dimming feature for GI, let me look at the code and see which way we will go.

#167 10 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Is there any way to make holding down the start button (once all players are on ball 2) start a new game? It's a useful feature to have, and not just for "throwing out" a bad game here and there.

this is known. It happens on my table also, not as often as yours though. I added a short ball save if the left outline is detected right after the saucer sol fires as a work around. I will leave that in and lower the sol power a little and we will see if that stops it.

I am a little nervous about lowering that too much because if someones coil is too weak then it will not work at all if the power is too low.

#168 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Same happens on my game.......

That also happened on mine quite often as well.

#169 10 years ago

this is known. It happens on my table also, not as often as yours though. I added a short ball save if the left outline is detected right after the saucer sol fires as a work around. I will leave that in and lower the sol power a little and we will see if that stops it.
I am a little nervous about lowering that too much because if someones coil is too weak then it will not work at all if the power is too low.

Very cool if you can get this fixed. Also nice to see I'm not the only one who had this problem. Most of the time that it doesn't feed the inlane, it rattles around and finds the center or right outlane drain. In fact, I'm not even sure I've seen the ball save get triggered from the left outlane, so it might never have rattled in that direction. (At least while I'm playing.)

#170 10 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

That also happened on mine quite often as well.

I just put in my first ten games on mine with the new chip and I'd say this happens 30-40% of the time. I was contemplating looking for a mechanical adjustment.

My claw also has issues with missing its pick up of the ball 10-15% of the time, which I had never before experienced on the original code. It corrects itself via a missing ball search and ends up in AGMAG mode.

#171 10 years ago

this is known.

Seems a better course of action would be for those with weak coils to replace the weak coil, or possibly to offer an adjustment for upping/lowering the power to that coil in the adjustment menu.

This issue was a noticable flow-staller on my DM after a buddy and I swapped in the new code (along with the Home Roms), although the ball save always worked to remedy the drain.

That said, I am enjoying the new code and greatly appreciate all the work that you continue to put into it!

#172 10 years ago

Hey all, I got both of the reported bugs fixed (eject kickout coil strength reduced and the problem with rehitting the claw before it is reset). I am also incorporating some other changes that I had on my mind.

One of the things that bothered me was that there were many modes that were ready to start but the player had no good indication of that. There are lights above the underground hole for demo time and computer award but no indications for huxley wizard mode, explode, car chase, video mode, or back in the fridge (although back in the fridge probably doesn't need one since it can only be started after all 4 MBs are completed).

So I added an information status display to the right side of the DMD - this already (somewhat) existed on 2, 3, or 4 player games but not on 1 player. I changed the 1 player game to match and added indications at the top of the status section. It is basically a letter at the top, so for example, if video mode is ready then a "V" will be lit at the top of the screen.

The last thing that I am trying to get fixed is the multi-drain bug. Sometimes when you drain several balls at the same time during a MB the trough would get confused and not update until search kicked in. This was fairly irritating, especially for a person like me who is not a great player and drains all the balls all the time. I think I got this one fixed, but am going to do some heavy testing for a few days.

Should have this out in a few days then.

#173 10 years ago

One other thing is in the works that you all may be interested in. A fellow pinsider who is a professional artist has volunteered to do the drawing of all the graphics for my NGG code. After looking at the graphics for DM he is probably going to help rework those also. He has a lot of high end graphics tools to reprocess the images and clean them up a lot better than I did and also is willing to draw stuff too. He has already sent me some of his work, both of new hand drawings formatted for the DMD and some of the graphics that have been cleaned and redone. It all looks really, really good.

If you want to ask him any questions or add input, please post here as he is on pinside and I will let him speak for himself.

#174 10 years ago

One other thing is in the works that you all may be interested in. A fellow pinsider who is a professional artist has volunteered to do the drawing of all the graphics for my NGG code. After looking at the graphics for DM he is probably going to help rework those also. He has a lot of high end graphics tools to reprocess the images and clean them up a lot better than I did and also is willing to draw stuff too. He has already sent me some of his work, both of new hand drawings formatted for the DMD and some of the graphics that have been cleaned and redone. It all looks really, really good.
If you want to ask him any questions or add input, please post here as he is on pinside and I will let him speak for himself.

Very cool! Does this mean the next release will be delayed a bit, or will you release a version with the fixed you recently mentioned and then eventually release a version with the new display graphics?

#175 10 years ago

I have send you a PM jamescardona, i would love to get this rom

#176 10 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Very cool! Does this mean the next release will be delayed a bit, or will you release a version with the fixed you recently mentioned and then eventually release a version with the new display graphics?

no pressure on Mario, I want to give him as long as he wants so a good job. This is free work remember? We are doing this for the hobby, not for money so no pressure.

I am going to release what I have when it is ready to go.

#177 10 years ago

no pressure on Mario, I want to give him as long as he wants so a good job. This is free work remember? We are doing this for the hobby, not for money so no pressure.
I am going to release what I have when it is ready to go.

I totally understand, and appreciate all of the effort.

I should have mentioned that I'm fine with waiting however long it takes, and hearing that you're not going to rush it wouldn't disappoint me at all.

Now, about holding the start button to reset in the middle of a game...

#178 10 years ago

Okay,
so I am happy with the new code changes. Calling it rev 0.95. I expect there will be one more update when Mario gives me the updated video but if you can live with it now it should be good for you.

Check out a video:

#179 10 years ago

Sir, yes, sir!

I need some time, as my three stripe client has some products to be kicked of. And he needs it -> now!

See: http://www.adidas.at/outdoor/Outdoor,de_AT,sc.html?prefn1=searchColor&prefv1=blau&prefn2=gender&prefv2=M%c3%a4nner&grid=true
Or maybe: http://discover.adidas.at/pages/sites/eyewear/

Yes, these 'photos' are CG. Noone ever saw this product in real life yet. It's fake. It's a lie. I'm happy I get paid for that ))

I'm drawing some concept art for DM this weekend. Just having a little brainstorming with me, myself and I...

Please bare with me, as I'm trying my best to get the graphics done - not in the shortest amount of time, but with all the respect to Jim and his work and dedicated time to code the new DM rules...
Still, it'll take some time to do it

#180 10 years ago

This is getting so so so good, thanks for all the work...

#181 10 years ago

Now this is what I call bad luck... I was just working on this car crash sequence, just to find out Williams did it and it never made into the game:
http://www.pinrepair.com/wms/doho/demo1.htm

Lol!

#182 10 years ago

https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A2GtnIORJ8795

Quick and dirty ideas... I did in the past hour. Updates follow.

#183 10 years ago

OMG! I'm currently watching DM to get a feel for that universe...

I couldn't remember that the flick was so bad editing, camera, computer interfaces... everything says early 90s...
I think I don't wanna see the first terminator movie again... Does anyone dare?!

#184 10 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

My DM let me do this when I was playing it with the new code last week. You might need to turn on the feature in the menus.

#185 10 years ago
Quoted from annointed:

My DM let me do this when I was playing it with the new code last week. You might need to turn on the feature in the menus.

Thanks! I'll take a look.

EDIT: Yup. I had to change one of the Adjustments from Factory Default. It was something like Fast Resume. PM me if you're reading this and can't figure it out. My game is 6 feet away, but I can't turn it on right now. I need to get some work done today.

#186 10 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

I think I don't wanna see the first terminator movie again... Does anyone dare?!

It's held up a lot better than DM.

#187 10 years ago

Great overall updates, and thanks for the artwork glimpse, Mario! (I'm looking at my Gottlieb SMB as I type this, lol...sorry, couldn't help but make the association with your name! )

My friends and I are Stallone fans (I have a Gottlieb Rocky coming in later this month, finally), so after I got DM two years ago, we rematched the movie. It has sat in my DVD rack ever since, but reading this makes me want to dust it off and watch it again, pretending I'm tasked with finding video snippets to use in the pin.

Thank you, and we look forward to seeing the fruits of your work in the coming months!

#188 10 years ago

No one rewrite the rules based on this ROM?! Just asking...

#189 10 years ago

Since this is a non profit hack for the community/hobbyist how come the original game cant be used and tweaked as a plus version or something? Is it the possible can of worms that people will run buck wild and pass them off as originals and start burning them and selling them on ebay?

Is there any plans to be able to add new music or change music of pinballs in future freewpc projects? New sfx etc?

Also, T2? Moar video modes!

#190 10 years ago
Quoted from Nemesis:

Since this is a non profit hack for the community/hobbyist how come the original game cant be used and tweaked as a plus version or something? Is it the possible can of worms that people will run buck wild and pass them off as originals and start burning them and selling them on ebay?
Is there any plans to be able to add new music or change music of pinballs in future freewpc projects? New sfx etc?
Also, T2? Moar video modes!

1) not enough room on the rom to put both versions.

2) hacking the original is not legal as per PPS

3) I suppose you could sell my chips on ebay if you got someone to buy them. Same stuff happened to CCC but it is a little irritating

4) until someone cracks the encoding algorithm for ATRAC (or sony open sources it) there is no way to change sounds or music

5) there was another thread asking which game I should do next. T2 was high on the list along with NGG and TOTAN. Since I already own NGG that is what I am currently working on.

#191 10 years ago

or sony open sources it

lol, let's not hold our breath for that one.

#192 10 years ago

1) not enough room on the rom to put both versions.
2) hacking the original is not legal as per PPS
3) I suppose you could sell my chips on ebay if you got someone to buy them. Same stuff happened to CCC but it is a little irritating
4) until someone cracks the encoding algorithm for ATRAC (or sony open sources it) there is no way to change sounds or music
5) there was another thread asking which game I should do next. T2 was high on the list along with NGG and TOTAN. Since I already own NGG that is what I am currently working on.

makes sense since you own it, glhf! I suppose someone needs to loan you a t2?

I am about a half hour away from you if you need a beta tester if you decide on doing more projects after ngg

#193 10 years ago

I'm from Arnie's hometown: Graz, Austria

image.jpgimage.jpg

#194 10 years ago

I am really hyped up right now. Marco sent me 2 sets of frames to test for animation. Here is the video:

#195 10 years ago

Looks good can't wait for the updated graphics!

#196 10 years ago

a little sneak peak from me too:

carcrash-raw-Copy.gifcarcrash-raw-Copy.gif

Mario.

#197 10 years ago

These new graphics look awesome!! I can't wait. Thanks a lot guys!!

#198 10 years ago

Wow...that crash animation is fantastic.

#199 10 years ago

WOW indeed! Most excited!

#200 10 years ago

I can't wait. Looks great!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 72.95
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 85.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 81.95
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

There are 399 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dm-new-rules-new-code/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.