Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 45 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by beepnutz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMG_1539.JPG
    IMG_1538.JPG
    IMG_1537.JPG
    IMG_1526.JPG
    IMG_1520.JPG
    IMG_1518.JPG
    IMG_1516.JPG
    IMG_1515.JPG
    IMG_1514.JPG
    IMG_1513.JPG
    IMG_1512.JPG
    IMG_1511.JPG
    IMG_1510.JPG
    IMG_1508.JPG
    #1 11 years ago

I'm visiting Orlando this week and read a thread a month ago saying the pins are working. Are they FULLY working though? How's the flipper strength?

#2 11 years ago

Anyone?

#3 11 years ago

I'm here now, the pinball lineup is 2 Ultrapins, CSI, Batman, Rolling Stones, Avatar, Spiderman, Iron Man, Pirates, Tron, and a Transformers Autobot/Decepticon LE. Yes, a Transformers LE. It already has some wear and the TF sticker is coming off but it plays pretty good. Pics later.

#4 11 years ago

Are they all on free play?

#5 11 years ago

NICE! Enjoy!!!

#6 11 years ago

Disney Quest pins are on free play. You pay an admission to get in the building.

#7 11 years ago

Yeah they are, I've been playing pinball for the past hour. I get to Ironhide on Transformers and the mini playfield barely moves, wasted effort. 3 balls piled up in the shooter lane for no reason on Pirates and I turned it off. I came back after lunch and found it still off but the balls were gone, so I suppose somebody actually took the glass off or lifted the machine or something. It was nearly impossible to plunge the balls up and start a game, so who knows. Maybe somebody actually did it. I also played Spiderman, don't know if I'll get a chance to play Iron Man or not. I'm going to check out some other things. Oh and the ship on Pirates is completely missing.

Edit: No Iron Man. Pictures when I get to a PC.

#8 11 years ago

I just realized Avatar is an LE too. If Disney Quest is willing to spend that much money I can definitely see a Wizard of Oz there in the future...

#9 11 years ago

Its worth a visit. 5th floor is best with all the retro games and pins. Annual pass is 100 bucks.

#10 11 years ago

5th floor? Oops, gotta change the description...

#11 11 years ago

IMG_1507.JPGIMG_1507.JPGIMG_1508.JPGIMG_1508.JPGIMG_1510.JPGIMG_1510.JPGIMG_1511.JPGIMG_1511.JPGIMG_1512.JPGIMG_1512.JPG

#12 11 years ago

IMG_1513.JPGIMG_1513.JPGIMG_1514.JPGIMG_1514.JPGIMG_1515.JPGIMG_1515.JPGIMG_1516.JPGIMG_1516.JPGIMG_1518.JPGIMG_1518.JPGIMG_1520.JPGIMG_1520.JPG

#13 11 years ago

Thanks for the pinformation Crashdance! I'll be there soon, looking for pins!!!

#14 11 years ago

There is some serious wear around the Spiderman Doc Ock magnet and the Sandman protector is chipped and scratched. The Transformers LE is getting wear around the Megatron drop target, and Spiderman is horrendously filthy... IMG_1526.JPGIMG_1526.JPG IMG_1537.JPGIMG_1537.JPG IMG_1538.JPGIMG_1538.JPG IMG_1539.JPGIMG_1539.JPG

#15 11 years ago

wear means they must be getting played, which is good, but some maintainence would (hopefully) mean they can continue to get played and enjoyed. glad to see some pins in the wild!

#16 11 years ago

You'd have thought Disney would've spent the extra cash to buy a Tron LE since it is their movie.

#17 11 years ago

Don't understand why they have virtual pins when there are REAL pins right next to them!!!

#18 11 years ago

I was there a few weeks ago on vacation and was very disappointed in the pins and arcade machines.... great selection, ZERO maintenance. Batman's left flipper was broke, SM was trashed, TFLE played ok but occasionally lost a ball in the middle of a game and would have to be turned off/on. 2nd playfield was not working correctly also. IM was slow and dirty, and it was tough to register a shot on whiplash for some reason, even with solid hits there.

I'd think twice before buying tickets to quest thinking you are going to get some good pinball in there, the machines there were trashed and really only like 3 were playable, and those were dirty and slow and had a few flaws.

The arcade games were not maintained either, a good percentage of them had bad joysticks or buttons. It was great to see these classics, but frustrating as hell to try and play them.

#19 11 years ago

They're all playable to some degree, the flippers are all weak. Transformers plays the best, Pirates plays the worst. Transformers has a problem with the ball getting stuck behind the Megatron lock. Most of the lamps are working on most of the machines. They are all filthy. For some reason the replay value was set really low on every one, which is annoying to hear that loud "knock" every 10 seconds. It's bad enough with 8 Skee Ball machines behind you.

But I did see a lot of younger kids playing, as well as older people. There was a lady explaining to her son that you can nudge to keep the ball in the bumpers but you have to be careful not to tilt. When someone got done playing a machine it was less than 10 seconds before it was taken by someone else. There were people waiting behind others to play pinball. I'm not sure if this is due to the upswing we're seeing or because of the pins being there and offering something to do in the midst of the thousands of people that were there yesterday. But several kids were playing correctly and not double flipping.

There is even less incentive to maintain the pins here because they are on free play. Whether they are fully working or not does not affect the outcome of 99.9% percent of people paying at the door. The other 0.1% is us.

3 weeks later
    #20 11 years ago

Dang I'm at Disney now and was planning to head there tomorrow. Are they really that bad because I have a family of four paying just to play the pins. We played at the space mountain arcade today and they were hideous and all broken.

#21 11 years ago

More pins, not much nicer! But, what else are you going to do? You're at $ Disney!!!

#22 11 years ago

Did you see my Daytona thread? Ice cream shop with 4 pins.

#23 11 years ago

Try the arcade at the contemporary resort, 4 pins and no entry fee.

#24 11 years ago

Don't pay that admission just for the pins.

3 months later
    #25 11 years ago

Update: CSI is gone, RS has a broken left ramp so the ball flies off and drains, and Iron Man is slanted drastically to the right and what appears to be a rag mod. Otherwise the above info is still accurate.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#26 11 years ago

CSI went to Curlys, who may bring to SPF, or you can play mine, Blonde......I guess you are in Orlando now!?

#27 11 years ago

Yup, in Orlando now. Did Magic Kingdom and Epcot today so feet are killing us. Tomorrow is Kennedy Space so shouldn't be as bad. At this point we are planning at least SPF on Fri and will do IAAPA if we don't sleep in on Fri instead. We've got to be up and running early all week so hoping we are still alive then.

#28 11 years ago

If you're willing to drive an hour to Daytona check out that ice cream place (Cow Lick's) with Monster Bash, Scared Stiff, Star Wars Ep. 1, and Bally Harley Davidson. All clean and playing well.

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

If you're willing to drive an hour to Daytona check out that ice cream place (Cow Lick's) with Monster Bash, Scared Stiff, Star Wars Ep. 1, and Bally Harley Davidson. All clean and playing well.

Last I've read, they are "temporarily closed" and have been for several months.

#30 11 years ago

Wow, do you know why?

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Wow, do you know why?

Nope, I just saw it was posted on their Facebook page. That's all they said.

#32 11 years ago

Saw that too. Oh well. Do you know who owns the games there? Totally didn't see the cocktail cabinets last time...

#33 11 years ago

Nope, sorry. I've actually never been there, but I was planning on it until I saw that post.

1 year later
    #34 10 years ago

Just to update this thread... (and, as a courtesy to Disney, I did bring this to their attention)... they currently have about 7 pins and 2 virtual pins on the 5th floor of Disney Quest. With the exception of The Avengers...the pins are all pretty much trashed. Most barely have any GI Lighting...tons of inserts out...pop-bumbers not working...sound on most is inaudible...switches dead...the playfields are bombed out with dirt...the playfield glass on the machines have a coating of dust...playfield toys are busted. It's sad.

The rest of Disney Quest is awesome...it is an outstanding arcade. My kids loved it...and all of the arcade machines (old and new) are beautiful and most are in 100% working order. So that part is good.

The pins, though... wow...not so much. Hard to see a SM, Tron, IM, among others just sitting there...barely alive. We are talking code red, end of life, barely alive. As I worked my way down the line trying to find a playable pin, I saw at least 4 or 5 kids approach a machine, press start, pull the plunger and then just walk off. The pins are just that dead.

#35 10 years ago

Yea, I was thoroughly disappointed when I was there around thanksgiving. The POTC had one flipper out and the AVLE was REALLY beat up. None of the machines were 100%.... heck none of them were even 80% except for the virtual pins.

#36 10 years ago
    Quoted from Schwaggs:

Yea, I was thoroughly disappointed when I was there around thanksgiving. The POTC had one flipper out and the AVLE was REALLY beat up. None of the machines were 100%.... heck none of them were even 80% except for the virtual pins.

The machines I saw were basically 40% at best.

Pitiful.

#37 10 years ago

D Quest is cool, I would recommend a visit.

#38 10 years ago
    Quoted from Dis_Pinballer:

D Quest is cool, I would recommend a visit.

I wouldn't disagree with this statement at all...we had a great time there.

Their pins are just plan beaten to the brink of death...that's all

#39 10 years ago

#40 10 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

I wouldn't disagree with this statement at all...we had a great time there.
    Their pins are just plan beaten to the brink of death...that's all

I agree, kids are rough on pball machines especially when their moms and dads don't own the games, Disney isn't going to furnish the place with top-notch machines, I don't blame them for not supplying flagship pballs.

#41 10 years ago

Which is precisely why it is a BAD idea to route pins on location where kids cannot (and will not) appreciate and respect them.

#42 10 years ago
    Quoted from Dis_Pinballer:

Disney isn't going to furnish the place with top-notch machines, I don't blame them for not supplying flagship pballs.

They've got the machines... they just haven't serviced them. Aside from Avengers (which was operating at about 80%), the other machines are on serious life support... totally unplayable...as in: dead. With Disney being Disney...and advertising that they have Pins... I was surprised to find them in the condition they are in. Even the Pins in the Magic Kingdom (outside of Space Mnt) were in better playing shape (by far!).

4 months later
    #43 9 years ago

Agreed, they had GREAT titles, they were never cleaned or maintained. I don't think the management knows they require periodic maintenance, unlike a video console.

If I remember, they had POTC, AVLE and about 7 others that I can't remember. They were current titles, just had non-functioning or weak flippers, bulbs out, broken toys, etc.

#44 9 years ago

I was at Disney Quest a couple of months ago. The pins there just suck. They are so beat on and never cleaned / fixed. I was so disappointed.

The pins at our hotel (Animal Kingdom Lodge) were much much better!

#45 9 years ago

At Animal Lodge...........Kidani village has an Indiana Jones stern and Nascar............ Jambo House has POTC and Tron.............. Disney hotel pins are usually in good shape...........hardly ever at Disney Quest.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/disney-quest-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.