• Latest reply 10 years ago by dragster73
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

New Image.JPG
#1 10 years ago

Can someone with a Dirty Harry machine please go into "Magnet Test" and see if the test actually works.

I have a game here that the magnet works in solenoid test and the optic switch 42 also works in switch test mode however in "Magnet test" the test does not function properly.

When entering "Magnet test" the box for optic 42 switch is lit and for a split second the magnet is energized and the box for the magnet is checked on the DMD, then the magnet turns off and the box on the DMD for the magnet goes off. Once this happens the magnet is no longer energized and by activating switch 42 optic no longer energizes the magnet or indicates so on the DMD display.

Please don't ask if the coin door is closed. This is not the problem.

I also removed the CPU and put it on a WPC test fixture with the same results. I then used a different CPU and again received the same results. I have revision 2 CPU software. The only thing common between the two different CPU boards is the PIC. chip which happens to be a shifted bit chip.

I am wondering if the "Magnet test" actually works in another machine or maybe the test portion has a bug seeing both the magnet and switch work fine in individual tests.

Anyone with a machine that could confirm proper operation of the "Magnet test" would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Jerry Clause
Gameroom Service

#2 10 years ago

You probably need to shut the coin door. Have you tried shutting the coin door? A lot of times the coin door is the issue.

But seriously, yes it works. Just tested it, roll a ball up there, holds it, lets it go. Tried it three times and boxes and beeps all seemed standard.

#3 10 years ago

As stated in write up. This is not a Coin Door issue.

Thank you for testing for me.

I wonder if this shifted bit chip could play any factor here.

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from dragster73:

As stated in write up. This is not a Coin Door issue.
Thank you for testing for me.
I wonder if this shifted bit chip could play any factor here.

Um think he was joking, but yes the magnet should work in test mode

#5 10 years ago

Yes. Thank you.

The optic works and the magnet works but will not work in test mode under the "Magnet test"

When i roll the ball the opto box lights on the DMD but the box on the DMD for the magnet and magnet itself do not activate.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

But seriously, yes it works. Just tested it, roll a ball up there, holds it, lets it go. Tried it three times and boxes and beeps all seemed standard.

I would like to clarify with you that you did this rolled the ball up there in TEST mode and not game mode? And also if you could let me know what version the software is in your game.

I have just spoken to s second person with this same problem.

#7 10 years ago

Yes in test mode, roll a ball up as it tells you to, it trips the opto, grabs the ball for a seond, lets it go trips opto on the way out.

Running the latest software...lets see it's....L-2

EDIT: If there is a check box for when the magnet is being grabbed, I do not know, it physically turned and and grabby grabby so I thought that was enough. If there is more you need let me know. I'm heading to lunch in a little while and can try it again.

If there isn't a magnet box, or that's NOT what you are refering to, no need to test again.

Quoted from TheLaw:

There are no boxes in game play mode, only test mode

#8 10 years ago

New Image.JPGNew Image.JPGI sounds like i have a very interesting problem here.

This game defiantly is not working in test mode however it occasionally works during game play.

In T3 Single switch mode test does your screen look like this?

#9 10 years ago

I'll look when I get off work.

#10 10 years ago

Yes that is the way T3 42 appears on mine.

#11 10 years ago

That doesn't look like the right diagnostic screen, "Right Loop". You are in switch test or something...if you go straight into "MAGNET TEST"...right after "GUN TEST" on the main menu (...it has two check boxes, one for the opto and one for the magnet). The magnet does not go off HARDCORE and hold a ball, just "check" in the check box when it is hit maybe lights for sec....never really hear it ping off...and yes door was closed!)...just like the opto. My mag in game works great. Can take pic of diagnostic screen if you need.

#12 10 years ago

But I have a Maverick where the "21" and kickback sometime just do not "SYNC" right or work 100% all the time (sometime it just does not go OFF). Just something to consider on the magna save on the DH...if it is intermittent or something.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from blackjack33:

That doesn't look like the right diagnostic screen, "Right Loop". You are in switch test or something...if you go straight into "MAGNET TEST"...right after "GUN TEST" on the main menu (...it has two check boxes, one for the opto and one for the magnet). The magnet does not go off HARDCORE and hold a ball, just "check" in the check box when it is hit maybe lights for sec....never really hear it ping off...and yes door was closed!)...just like the opto. My mag in game works great. Can take pic of diagnostic screen if you need.

Let me start with i am aware of the "Magnet" test. When i put the game into "Magnet test" for about one second the box for the coil lights and the coil energizes. The coil checked box goes out and then that's it. This happens as soon as i hit enter on the coin door. Then I can pass the ball by the optic and the optic box will "check" but i never see the "Magnet box " light up.

Somebody above posted that there's grabs the ball for a second and lets it go.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 37.50
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Clovis, NM
Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
Slap Save Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dirty-harry-owner-test-needed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.