Did you purchase your first pin before you found Pinside or after?

Started 2 years ago by Dewey68 in forum All PinballAll Pinball.

Forum » All Pinball » Topic

Did you purchase your first pin before you found Pinside or after?

Topic summary

• Started 2 years ago by Dewey68
  • 33 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from Shoot_Again

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs

Topic poll

• poll: Did you buy your first pin before or after finding Pinside?
    I bought my first pin before discovering Pinside : (79 votes)
    81 %
    I bought my first pin after discovering Pinside : (7 votes)
    7 %
    I had decided to buy a pin and was looking, and found Pinside : (10 votes)
    10 %
    I haven't bought my first pin yet : (1 votes)
    1 %

• Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!

2 years ago
      #

Having been a pin owner for less than a year I'm part of the wave of new owners that have been popping up. For me, I bought my first pin before I found Pinside. I did find the pinball section of KLOV before I bought my first pin, however.

Edit: really just curious how many people decided to buy pins after joining, rather than had bought a pin and then found the site.

RobT

Pinside legend
      12,270,873 3
      2 years ago
      #

Before

2 years ago
      #

before

2 years ago
      #

Long before. Before I knew of RGP too.

2 years ago
      #

Days before, but then bought 2 more weeks after

2 years ago
      #

Trolled the site for 2 months, then bought, then joined.
      Thought to myself it might be weird if I joined before I even had a pin to work on .

2 years ago
      #

Before

2 years ago
      #

Before and before I found RGP as well.

2 years ago
      #

I had pins for years before. I think the guys that get info here first are lucky to have help finding there first here. When I bought my first it was two together and I was worried they were not worth the asking price. Turns out I was lucky and they were 100 times too low.

2 years ago
      #

before, few years

2 years ago
      #

unfortunately before...I could have saved a bunch of money had I researched and talked with people here before I made my purchase.

2 years ago
      #

Yeah, me too. My second pin, the fellow told me about RGP.

2 years ago
      #

Before as well. I played IM at the store for a couple of hours. The other choices were Rolling Stones (they had LE and Pro), CSI, 24 and Big Buck. I am so happy that I bought IM in hindsight. Had I known about Pinside, I would have realized that the choice was obvious and no contest, IM all the way.
      Bought LOTR sight unseen on the recommendation of the salesperson. Good advice.
      Bought TZ after finding Pinside a couple of days earlier. The TZ then appeared like a gift from the Pingods. Well, like an expensive gift....
      I love the Pinside.

2 years ago
      #

I bought my first pin before the beginning of time.

2 years ago
      #

I bought my first about 7 months after joining Pinside. I wasn't active on the forums back then, but I stumbled across the site while searching for information about pins I was interested in buying. So I signed up and added a few to my wish list so I'd get sale notifications. Sure enough, many months later I received a notification that a LOTR was for sale less than an hour from me. Then the stars aligned and it became mine. So I have Pinside to thank for finding me my first pin!

2 years ago
      #

Before ,but it was'nt long until I found pinside

2 years ago
      #

About 6 years before. I had 3 pins and I didn't join any online pinball communities until earlier this year.
      Interesting note; my collection has doubled and is about to triple since joining

2 years ago
      #

I bought my first pin, TSPP, after a few months on Pinside.

2 years ago
      #

Found Pinside while looking to buy my first pin and found it to be a great resource. Joined Pinside just after getting the pin home.

2 years ago
      #

Several years before, but sure has pumped me up even more for pinball, my palms have calleses lol.

2 years ago
      #

Before as well...
      Went through the crash course of pin maintenance solo, before finding RGP, Pinside, etc...

2 years ago
      #

Before, Before I found RGP also.

2 years ago
      #
      The_Gorilla said:

I bought my first pin before the beginning of time

Was that one of those... when God said let there be light and you hit the switch?

I bought 2 before and one after ... looking for my 4th, well B_R is looking for my 4th

2 years ago
      #

It was after. Did a lot of looking at CL ads.

See a pin, look it up on Pinside.com, ah, that one sucks, oooooh that one's rated #26 it must rock!

very thankful for the resource...

2 years ago
      #

Bought my first pin before the internet exisited, so I assume pinside didn't exsist then.

2 years ago
      #

before for us too. I stumbled across pinside while searching for help for lighting issues on BK2K. Joined, posted my first request for help and sealclubber came to the rescue. haven't gone anywhere else but here since.

2 years ago
      #

Before I found RGP....Then way before I found Pinside!!

Phoebe

2 years ago
      #

Only resource I was aware when starting out was IPDB. Now, our office server blocks anything that contains the word "games".

2 years ago
      #

Bought first in 2002, before RGP....

2 years ago
      #

Bought mine before. I found Pinside when I was looking for good sources of information on pinball ownership. I am potentially looking at getting my 2nd pin through Pinside, though.

2 years ago
      #

Bought the first one in 1979, so I guess before.

2 years ago
      #

Before. I bought my 1st machine 6 months ago,found pinside, now I have 4. Love it

2 years ago
      #
      The_Gorilla said:

I bought my first pin before the beginning of time.

Is that in gorilla years.

jk

and long before any of these websites for me as well.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.

© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple