(Topic ID: 75501)

Did anyone get response on Alice in Wonderland?

By matthewra

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 113 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Jvspin
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

alice2.jpg
    There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 10 years ago

Well let's suppose it takes 4 years to build start to finish, it doesn't seem as if John has a very high overhead like jjp the money should last. I do not think John is trying to scam us or is living fat off the deposit money. I think it just takes longer than people guessed, we are thinking of Stern or BW who seem to make a pin in one year ish but looking at new start up companies including jjp jpop it is clearly more of a 3-5 year job.

#102 10 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

A Key Man policy, which I brought up early on, would be very cheap to get done and take care of that risk, which I agree is the biggest one.
    I'm glad I'm a man of faith and patience to see this through! Got a lot of practice with Woz.
    Deposit just sent on Alice in Wonderland

I have a key man policy but the was a requirement for my business loc so the bank was assured their money since the company revolves around me.

I'm not sure how that protects people with deposits. Wouldn't each person have to be listed on the policy? I will default to you seeing as you are a lawyer but I understood it worked differently.

#103 10 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

If he can pull it off, it would be nice to see some of these games mass produced. I know John is a creative guy and likes designing games more than the business side (at least that's what I'm guessing) but, once the games are completed, the manufacturing can be contracted out. This would be beneficial to all involved as John would get more cash to continue with his new games and grow his business, existing customers would have a supply of parts to repair their games from, and others in this hobby could get these games later on if they decide they like them. Three wins the way I see it.

They won't be mass produced. That is part of the promise when you pay the price and take the risks in buying boutique pins. They are truly limited.

It does not mean that the parts and technology developed could not be used to build higher volume pins.

#104 10 years ago
    Quoted from Skins:

I'm not sure how that protects people with deposits. Wouldn't each person have to be listed on the policy? I will default to you seeing as you are a lawyer but I understood it worked differently.

They could actually make a Trust the beneficiary of the policy and have the primary purpose of the trust to cover the event of premature death with John and repay all of the deposits by the trustee when the $$ is collected. A simple trust to write. There would definitely be an "insurable interest" in this case.

Could also do it with the company but then the other creditors would have a claim to the $$.

We need John to stay healthy!

3 weeks later
    #105 10 years ago

Any info on any of his pins? I spoke directly to JPop about Alice and then sent my info for packet to be sent about a month or so ago. Still have not received it. I'm a little worried that he's spreading himself thin at this point with the announcement to work with PPS on the new 2.0 platforms. And now he's brought a KISS prototype to Rocky Mountian. Is this his game, or is it for another vendor? I just want to see at least one of his pins completed to make my decision in given deposits on two of his pins seem justifiable. Until I see more progress I'll be holding on to the rest of my payments!

#106 10 years ago

I'm in on RAZA & TH. I was also in on WOZLE back in 1/11 and BBB back in 02'?. The risk is worth the reward.

However, I do agree $$$ on game 3 without game 1 or 2 done... is scary.

#107 10 years ago
    Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I'm in on RAZA & TH. I was also in on WOZLE back in 1/11 and BBB back in 02'?. The risk is worth the reward.
    However, I do agree $$$ on game 3 without game 1 or 2 done... is scary.

Scary or Insane!

#108 10 years ago
    Quoted from Drano:

I can honestly say that I have absolutely no clue when I can expect to receive RAZA.
    Maybe some people closer to JPOP have more info... but I'm not privy to that..

Appearantly I am not either.

#109 10 years ago
    Quoted from TaTa:

Any info on any of his pins? I spoke directly to JPop about Alice and then sent my info for packet to be sent about a month or so ago. Still have not received it. I'm a little worried that he's spreading himself thin at this point with the announcement to work with PPS on the new 2.0 platforms. And now he's brought a KISS prototype to Rocky Mountian. Is this his game, or is it for another vendor? I just want to see at least one of his pins completed to make my decision in given deposits on two of his pins seem justifiable. Until I see more progress I'll be holding on to the rest of my payments!

I'm In the same boat as you. I had a friend go to his shop and checked at the progress on MG and RAZA and he said the games look awesome. They are in quality the same as CV and TOM. But I want to see at least one before I commit to the Alice in Wonderland.

#110 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballace:

But I want to see at least one before I commit to the Alice in Wonderland.

Me too!

#111 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

You know what else is for kids? Drawings of elephants.

....and Trix.

#112 10 years ago

I have a ton of faith in John.

#113 10 years ago

I think pre-orders require patience, a willingness to take risk and a lot of faith.

There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/did-anyone-get-response-on-alice-in-wonderland/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.