Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by j_m_
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Was just playing a game and started Cantina right before shooting the waiting Death Star. Since the mode keeps running while the video sequence plays for the DS start, there's not much you can do but let it expire. The only way you know when it ends is hearing the cheesy end of the campy Cantina song (if you've played the game, you know it--the "ba-da ba ba-da bum"), that comes in out of nowhere during the DS startup audio sequence. Well, this time the mode ended and the little "wah-wah" song played exactly as Alderaan was being blown up in the vid sequence, which made for an awesomely ironic sound effect for planetary lasering. I suggest everyone who has a DESW try it!

It also got me thinking, is this something that could have been fixed in the reworked code (mode pauses during ds startup sequence)?

#2 10 years ago

On my DESW, I've noticed a lot of 'mode confusion' when things really get moving, or when the death star is entered and maybe the machine isn't expecting it. Points all add up correct, but it seems the machine can't figure out exactly which sounds to put out. It only happens when multiple force rewards, or modes are started/achieved very quickly. I'm having trouble trying to put it into words, hope it makes sense.

#3 10 years ago

Yeah, the game is a little crazy like that, especially on the original code.

BTW, love the Hunt the Wumpus avatar.

#4 10 years ago

not meaning to derail, but M.U.L.E. is still up there as one of my favorite computer games (atari version ftw!)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/de-sw-death-star-cantina-hilarity-ensues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.