(Topic ID: 41470)

Data East Star Trek or Sega Gojira or both or neither..........

By o-din

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by roc-noc
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Godzilla or Data East Star Trek”

• Godzilla 14 votes
    47%
  • Data East Star Trek 7 votes
    23%
  • Both 5 votes
    17%
  • Neither 4 votes
    13%

(30 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN1112.JPG
DSCN1113.JPG
godzillawave.gif
There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

Well....... its whats left of my money, but your opinion means truckloads!

#3 11 years ago

Godzilla...no question (even though I never played either, it just looks awesome and fun).

#4 11 years ago

Gojira !

LTG : )

#5 11 years ago

Godzillasan!

#6 11 years ago

Godzilla definitely looks like a showpiece, and who could ever pass up a factory shaker, but is there anything else to shoot at besides the two ramps ( I just watched some vids on it)?

#7 11 years ago

I'd grab that Godzilla, if it's the same one that was on CL in LA, I think it was HUO? Not sure, the ad has been pulled now. It sure looked nice, I almost pulled the trigger but have money tied up in other projects.

Kevin

#8 11 years ago

I have the DE Star Trek, and I've never played the Godzilla but I've watched the PAPA video of the gameplay. Depends on how much they're going for and how much you like Star Trek/Godzilla. I love the sounds and the transporter on the Star Trek and it gets a lot of play from my non-pinball friends. I like original Star Trek more than I like Godzilla so.... Star Trek.

#9 11 years ago

Godzilla!

#10 11 years ago

I just saw the LA CL ad for the Star Trek.... kind of a crappy picture. $2400 seems steep, it should be in very nice shape for that with working rope lights etc. If you end up getting that one you can really brighten up the yellowed transporter with a $4 piece of stencil mylar from JoAnn's. ( http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/de-star-trek-transporter-light-diffuser )

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from ghostrachel:

I just saw the LA CL ad for the Star Trek.... kind of a crappy picture. $2400 seems steep,

I've seen that one too. This is a different one for less money! The music and theme and Scotty yelling "what are you waiting for" gets you pumped! After playing several games on this at a friends house, I walked over to TOTAN and got so bored that I just let the ball drain and went back to Star Trek.

#12 11 years ago

FYI...there is a Godzilla for sale out here on the east coast for $1500....have not seen it..if interested I can send the link..

#13 11 years ago

In my opinion Godzilla is awful. But thats just my two cents. The game looks cheap. Rules are terrible. I would just wait, save more and get a good game

#14 11 years ago

I have owned both of these games and just recently sold the ST25th. I felt that there was just nothing else to do on the game for me and found myself playing Godzilla way more than Trek.

$2400 is too much (my opinion)...I sold mine for much less than that just last year and mine had new rope lights and everything worked.

I have had offers for my Godzilla and I have turned them all down. Just love the game.

Hope that helps!

Joe

#15 11 years ago

I have had both, and still have the Godzilla (along with 4 other Sega machines). I love mine. It will be a keeper. Plus, it looks great with green LEDs next to my Lost In Space with blue LEDs

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

I have had both, and still have the Godzilla (along with 4 other Sega machines). I love mine. It will be a keeper. Plus, it looks great with green LEDs next to my Lost In Space with blue LEDs

Nice, Sega man. You really should get yourself a Twister to round out the collection.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

That is a sweet Sega collection.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You really should get yourself a Twister to round out the collection.

Ugghh, no on the Twister! Save yourself some boredom and get a Batman Forever or MSF!

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Ugghh, no on the Twister! Save yourself some boredom and get a Batman Forever or MSF!

Just you see what machine everybody flows to after the whiskys been flowin

#20 11 years ago

Well I've played both of them and Star Trek from Data East is dated and average at best. If your a trekkie I can see why you'd want it for your collection. Godzilla I'll start by saying....it's a real ball drainer and it can get boring quickly and frustrating even to experienced pinball players. There are magnets under the playfield ala Addams Family or Last Action Hero and alot of times the magnets kick right in and drain the balls down between the flippers...a real downer. The upside of Godzilla is that the multiball is very well done and pretty fun with the shaker motor and the magnets. Thats when the game shines. Wasn't expecting much from Godzilla but the game shines in Multiball mode.

#21 11 years ago

Thanks everybody for your input so far! The Star Trek machine I know is a lot of fun, but might get old in a hurry. As far as Godzilla is concerned, the theme, the artwork, the toys, the shaker, and the rarity all make it very tempting, but I'm still not sure I want Doogie Houser (I mean Ferris Bueller) in the house. In the meantime I'm going to stop by the captains and see what those F-14s and T-2 look like.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

As far as Godzilla is concerned, the theme, the artwork, the toys, and the rarity all make it very tempting, but I'm still not sure I want Doogie Houser (I mean Ferris Bueller) in the house.

So you're one of those guys that would miss out on the greatness of The Shadow because of the backglass or never own a Flintstones because of Rosie O'Donnell? That truly is a shame.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

So you're one of those guys that would miss out on the greatness of The Shadow because of the backglass or never own a Flintstones because of Rosie O'Donnell?

No, I've had the Shadow and the Flintstones are cool, I'd just prefer call-outs by Raymond Burr
instead of Chumpie Brewster.

#24 11 years ago

I have had a Twister, miss it. Also miss SST. But I have X-Files, Lost World JP2, Lost in Space, Godzilla, and Star Wars Trilogy atm

#25 11 years ago

I have a Lost in Space and my friend has Godzilla. Both of us want to buy the others game and neither one of us are willing to sell or trade.

Godzilla for the win.

Kim

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

I have had a Twister, miss it. Also miss SST. But I have X-files, Lost World JP2, Lost In Space, Godzilla, and Star Wars Trilogy atm

Quoted from Mr68:

I have a Lost In Space and my friend has Godzilla. Both of us want to buy the others game and neither one of us are willing to sell or trade.

Godzilla for the win.

Sega owners are cool! Reminds me of AMC owners. The majority say the stuff we like is crap, but we don't care- less competition in the marketplace, so we by more! Speaking of SST, AMC made one of those too!

#27 11 years ago

Well, the guy with the Godzilla never got back to me, so Surfside traded me his Star Trek for one of my Dredds, so for now the choice has been made. Thanks for all the input!

#28 11 years ago

Congrats. Looks like you took our advice and this thread was really worthwhile.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from roc-noc:

Congrats. Looks like you took our advice and this thread was really worthwhile.

Very worthwhile! Although I still think Godzilla would be cool to have, I managed to pick up a new pin this week without opening up my wallet ! Thanks again everyone. Your all great!

#30 11 years ago

add a poll?
Neither man...

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

add a poll?
Neither man...

OK, will do.

#32 11 years ago

gojiiiiiiiira!

1 week later
#33 11 years ago

Well, Star Trek has turned out to be a worthy investment, and now Godzilla has become available again. I'm gonna go look at it tonite!

#35 11 years ago

!

godzillawave.gifgodzillawave.gif

#36 11 years ago

I'm getting pumped up for tonights adventure!

#37 11 years ago

Mission accomplished!

DSCN1113.JPGDSCN1113.JPG

#38 11 years ago

Perhaps, the coolest toy in pinball.

DSCN1112.JPGDSCN1112.JPG

#39 11 years ago

Nice pick up. I really want to find a Godzilla pin for my son. He's 4 and has already seen most of the original Hanna Barbera cartoons, about 2/3 of the original Toho movies, the '98 movie, and about 3 of the newer Godzilla 2000 series. Of course he prefers the original Toho version, but he'd love this pin just the same.

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from Phetishboy:

Nice pick up. I really want to find a Godzilla pin for my son.

I'll PM you if I decide to sell it. I may end up needing some money for an upcoming medical treatment. Apparently all those years in the sun are not really too good for the skin.

#41 11 years ago

Size Does Matter

#42 11 years ago

Now you need to LED it like I did! Green GIs make this thing look freaking awesome!

#43 11 years ago

curious what you paid for Godzilla? thanks.

#44 11 years ago

I paid 1800 for mine, as an FYI. BTW, I have never figured out how to get the Godzilla head off

#45 11 years ago

Well I'm not sure what the ruleset is, but I don't really care! Godzilla is a lot of fun. Especially when multiball is going and those magnets are throwing the balls every which way. The shaker is subtle yet consistent. I think the playfield is colorful and visually interesting. I might even get used to Bueller's shout outs. Time to go give it another revue.

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

I paid 1800 for mine, as an FYI. BTW, I have never figured out how to get the Godzilla head off

I would like to know the same thing. Shopped mine but could never figure out how to getot the head off either. Btw I own both games and love them, the transporter in the bg.of star trek is really cool, and the Godzilla machine is just so cool looking, and the shaker when he roars is just to cool. I wish I could find a replacement Godzilla head that is on the playfield because I would like to put red leds in the eyes but don't want to cut into my original head. Bay area use to sell the hands, but no head.

#47 11 years ago

Ferris just said "you kicked Godzilla's ass". Isn't this what pinballs all about?

#48 11 years ago

There's a Godzilla on Mr. Pinball for $4500

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

I have never figured out how to get the Godzilla head off

Many tried, one cheated.

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from rmancini:

The game looks cheap.

And MMs castle is made out of bricks and mortar?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
London, ENGLAND
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-star-trek-or-sega-godzilla-or-both-or-neither and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.