Data East ball trough fix video: JP,LAH,TFTC,Tommy,WWFRR,GNR

Started 4 months ago by ChadH in forum TechTech: Generic.

Forum » Tech » Tech: Generic » Topic

Data East ball trough fix video: JP,LAH,TFTC,Tommy,WWFRR,GNR

Topic summary

• Started 4 months ago by ChadH
  • 9 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from winteriscoming

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs

Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!

4 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

Ever playing multiball on one of your Data East games such as JP, LAH, TFTC, Tommy, WWFRR, or GNR and your game loses track of the balls on the playfield or in the ball trough? Sometimes you drain back down to one ball after a multiball mode but the game still thinks you are in multiball? Or you drain all the balls and the game still thinks there is a ball on the playfield and you have to wait for ball search to kick in?

This video describes what your issue might be and how to fix it:
    » YouTube video

Here is the switch shown in the video:
    http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/180-5118-00

I want to note that even if your switch is detecting fine, it might still be faulty and I would still recommend replacing it regardless.

Thanks to fellow Pinsider NewPinOwner for informing us all about this issue in this thread:
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/testing-de-ball-trough-switches

4 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

thanks for the video, I have a tftc, and have a problem like this, but also I thing the ball release solenoid is letting 2 balls slip past it sometimes when only one should be let out of the trough, I'm not sure what to do with that..

4 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

Thanks for that info! I've had that problem intermittently on my JP as well.

4 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

Yep, nice vid.....pretty common problem

NFK

Senior pinhead
    411,350 1
    4 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

Thanks a lot. Now i only need a german shop with this switch ...or at least EU.

Is it possible that there is a wrong part no. for this switch in the manual?
    In the manual i got the port no. for this switch is 180-5119-00 like the other 6 switches bevor this one. Definitely wrong! 180-5118-00 like you said in your video is right.

Just saying.

4 months, 3 weeks ago
    #
    NFK said:

Is it possible that there is a wrong part no. for this switch in the manual?
    In the manual i got the port no. for this switch is 180-5119-00 like the other 6 switches bevor this one. Definitely wrong! 180-5118-00 like you said in your video is right.

That's odd. The JP manual at ipdb.org also shows the switch listed as 180-5118-00 and description of "Switch, Miniature". It's on page 99 and 100 of the PDF... it's Item number 4.

Either way... the Marco link above is the correct switch.

kvan99

Pinball addict
    1,558,950 2
    4 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

Cool video..thanks for taking time out but you don't need to change the switch you just need to bend the arm out a bit so the ball can activate the switch where ever it sits in the trough. I fixed 2 switches on my LAH, I also have RBION and it had the same issue...all 3 cases I bent the arm a little so it will get activated.

4 months, 3 weeks ago
    #
    kvan99 said:

Cool video..thanks for taking time out but you don't need to change the switch you just need to bend the arm out a bit so the ball can activate the switch where ever it sits in the trough. I fixed 2 switches on my LAH, I also have RBION and it had the same issue...all 3 cases I bent the arm a little so it will get activated.

For some, just bending the switch might help. But I don't think bending my switch would have fixed it 100%. As I mentioned in the video, it took quite a bit of pressure to close the original switch, while the new switch would very easily close with little pressure. The key is that the switch must be able to easily close with just the weight of the ball on it.

4 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

Awesome video, man! Glad all is well with your JP again!

Great explanation on the video. I would have inadvertently over-explained and made it out to be way more complicated. Yo were pretty straight and to the point - well done!

4 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

Nice helpful video. You gotta love Marco prices. $10 for a switch? I looked and PBL does NOT have this switch, but if they did, it would probably be about $4.50.

4 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

If the arm is in good condition, I believe you should just be able to move it to a new switch for much cheaper:
    http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1578

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.

© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple