(Topic ID: 17642)

Custom Cabinet Protectors (around flipper button)

By spacies

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 112 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by tbanthony
  • Topic is favorited by 38 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Junk Yard logo.pdf (PDF preview)
2014-10-29 19.41.01.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_20130318_115920_(Small).jpg
IMG_20130318_115858_(Small).jpg
IMG_20130318_141828_(Small).jpg
IMG_20130318_140846_(Small).jpg
IMG_20130318_150720_(Small).jpg
IMG_20130318_183046_(Small).jpg
IMG_20130318_150337_(Small).jpg
IMG_20130318_183131_(Small).jpg
IMG_20130318_151530_(Small).jpg
IMG_20130318_151858_(Small).jpg
IMG_20130318_153956_(Small).jpg
IMG_20130318_183015_(Small).jpg

There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 11 years ago

I can't wait for my afm ones to arrive, I am going to coat them black so they are subtle. Thanks man

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from Sgtmax:

Any tron mate?

That would look super cool on my Tron Pro!

#53 11 years ago

Got a set for MM?

#54 11 years ago

I second the NGG suggestion.

#55 11 years ago

Scared Stiff pleeeeease!

#56 11 years ago

Noticed all the protectors hide existing wear except for TAF version which is clear acrylic--is TAF also available in a version that hides wear?

If not, I suppose the buyer could always shoot the back of the protector in black semi-gloss (and masking the front to avoid overspray).

1 week later
#57 10 years ago

Email sent for T2.

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Scared Stiff pleeeeease!

Pleeease?

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from NM:

Noticed all the protectors hide existing wear except for TAF version which is clear acrylic--is TAF also available in a version that hides wear?

If not, I suppose the buyer could always shoot the back of the protector in black semi-gloss (and masking the front to avoid overspray).

Bumped question for the OP.

#60 10 years ago

Email sent

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from spacies:

Hey guys,
As promised I have been chipping away at the designs and fitting. I now have to following new protectors: AFM, IJ, STTNG, TZ, TSPP and LOTR.
I also have the following: TAF, T2, Getaway and BSD.
I am working on more.
*note* due to the size, cut time and extra 'weeding' AFM are $49. The rest are still $42usd shipped.
New photos:

I'm still waiting on Congo. I think the watchful eye of Zinj would be an ideal design.

10 months later
#62 10 years ago

Please can i order them for AFM (email was send to youre gmail account)
Do you still have them in stock please or somebody else is willing to sell them to me???

Thanks a lot !!!

#63 10 years ago

Still making these?
Scared Stiff in the works?

2 weeks later
#64 10 years ago

Any chance for south park

#66 10 years ago

I'm guessing he's done...?

1 week later
#67 10 years ago

Very strange that the topic starter is active almost every day on pinside but even is not replying on his own topic or any emails....

#68 10 years ago

Agree - I wanted ST and no replies

#69 10 years ago

I bought the BSD ones back when he originally posted them for sale....they look great.

I'd like to buy the TAF ones if he's still making them.

I'd like a TZ set as well.

#70 10 years ago

"007" would be cool for GoldenEye!

#71 10 years ago

hey i meet this guy last weekend in pincade in auckland he does not have any time make them anymore i have been trying to get terminator 2

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from kimzone:

hey i meet this guy last weekend in pincade in auckland he does not have any time make them anymore i have been trying to get Terminator 2

That's a shame. those were really great. I would like a few also but for diff. games...BoP, T3, DE Star Wars and a few others but no telling if he was ever going to make these and others.

#73 10 years ago

Hi guys,

Yep Kim is correct, I no longer have time to make these. Actually, making and drawing them is simple, the main problem is that the button hole location varies on almost every title. That makes it very difficult for me to go out to friends places, remove the button, take measurements, do a sample, go back to friends place to test, make changes is required, blah blah blah. Or even for you guys to supply measurements and then I can't test fit myself.

But even after all that, some of the same titles have a different button location, so what fits on one cabinet, might sit too high on another and come up over the side rail which is very uncomfortable to play with.

So in the end it is all too difficult.

I do have a lot of the TAF plastic ones left and some STTNG and TZ.

It was a good idea at the time

#74 10 years ago

I had the plastics ones on the TAF I sold, and I loved them. Great quality, and they fit perfect. Well worth the money.

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from spacies:

Hi guys,
Yep Kim is correct, I no longer have time to make these. Actually, making and drawing them is simple, the main problem is that the button hole location varies on almost every title. That makes it very difficult for me to go out to friends places, remove the button, take measurements, do a sample, go back to friends place to test, make changes is required, blah blah blah. Or even for you guys to supply measurements and then I can't test fit myself.
But even after all that, some of the same titles have a different button location, so what fits on one cabinet, might sit too high on another and come up over the side rail which is very uncomfortable to play with.
It was a good idea at the time

Thanks for the ones you did. They will be remembered.

#76 10 years ago
Quoted from spacies:

Hi guys,

I so wanted the Star Trek ones

#77 10 years ago

Sent an email and PM for the STTNG leftovers. Please let me know, really would love to get these chromed out by Mike Chestnut when I send in my gun to be nickle plated.

#78 10 years ago

I wonder if anyone can take this concept and do them for sterns. I like the feel of these:

http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mMrzZvx_6ytfCLZ3Ohx8jIg.jpg

But, many people don't want to use the screw holes. If these could be remade to where the are no screw holes and the button actually holds it in place, I think more collectors would use them.

1 month later
#79 9 years ago

Hi Spacies,

Can I order a set of TAF protectors please?

Regards
Nick

5 months later
#80 9 years ago

Hey guys,

There will be no more metal protectors for now but I am going to try something different. More on that when I have something to show.

In the meantime I just found another 14 sets of the TAF plastic ones, so if you want some, be quick! Still $42usd posted anywhere in the world.

2014-10-29 19.41.01.jpg2014-10-29 19.41.01.jpg

email direct please: coolcatsltd at gmail.com

Thanks

2 months later
#81 9 years ago

I'd really like some of the AFM cab protectors if they ever become available again. Thanks!

#82 9 years ago

Hi, I still have some of that stack.

PM coming

#83 9 years ago

Been waiting two years for a lotr set

#84 9 years ago

great idea and they look great. My concern would be over time, room lighting putting a slight fade image into the art. You wouldn't notice it over short periods, but over time. Kind of like when you have a picture hanging up in the house for a long time, take it down and you can see the square where the picture was.

#85 9 years ago

What about MM? Anything available?

#86 9 years ago

Need moar Dracula protectors!

2 weeks later
#87 9 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Just stumbled onto this thread. I'd be in for metal BSD protectors. Would probably buy TAF ones too.

#88 9 years ago

Another vote for BSD......oh...and TOTAN

#89 9 years ago

I bought a set of the BSD stainless protector a long time ago...they look great.

2 months later
#90 8 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I too would be interested in the metal BSD set if they are available.

#91 8 years ago

Nice job! I may have to get some of those when the No Fear arrives.

#92 8 years ago

Cool Idea

esp on Sterns if you don't want the lollipop rail button cover

#93 8 years ago

I would love to have those metal ones for Junk Yard.
It would not need the button hole, that I can do myself.
The cutting of the title is the biggest problem.

Peter
www.inkochnito.nl

5 months later
#94 8 years ago

Dear OP. I recently bought a high end AFM. She is a beauty but sadly I just noticed that there is already some light flipper button wear on the new cabinet art. (restore was dome over a year ago) I was looking for something to protect it from further wear and came across your thread here. These look amazing. I see that they are too much trouble for the effort but I was thinking of attempting to make one of these for myself. I was wondering if you would have any problem with me trying to replicate your awesomeness. I see that there is a lot of demand for your idea so if you are ok with it I would offer up a run of AFM protectors if there is enough demand and make maybe 10 or 20 of them if I have success with the process. Let me know what you think. Thanks, Mike

#95 8 years ago

Do other titles too Mike!!

#96 8 years ago
Quoted from Lefman:

Do other titles too Mike!!

I would consider that with a set number of orders in place before doing a run but for now want to just attempt afm

#97 8 years ago

Id be in for a T2 and TWD!

1 year later
#98 7 years ago

I was wondering if these are still being made. I would really like a set for my TZ and BSD.

1 week later
#99 7 years ago

If OP isn't making these, I have access to a laser cutter and will make some for my games. Can make some extras if anyone is interested.

#100 7 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

If OP isn't making these, I have access to a laser cutter and will make some for my games. Can make some extras if anyone is interested.

I would love to have something for my Junk Yard.
The decal is damaged, so the best option would be the metalic version.
I even made a vector drawing in Word for the title.
Don't know if it will help, but here is the pdf file.

Junk Yard logo.pdfJunk Yard logo.pdf

There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-cabinet-protectors-around-flipper-button/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.