DSCF8616_edited-1.jpg
beansmile3.jpg
IMG_5047.JPG
IMG_5040.JPG
IMG_5039.JPG
IMG_4999.JPG
IMG_4995.JPG
IMG_4994.JPG

There are 503 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 11.
#101 11 years ago

Put me in line for one!

#102 11 years ago

Not that you can't tell there is a ton of interest in this mod, but I'd be on the list to add this to my machine. Keep me in mind and I'll follow you guys and your progress. Thanks for making the pinball world a little brighter!!!

#103 11 years ago
Quoted from michiganpinball:

I've played the one on Clay's machine a few times. It does work out well and the new "creature" looks pretty good. My guess is they filmed this themselves to make sure there was no licensing issues as it is their own video content now.
You can make your OWN video and have it play instead. We tried it out and it works good also. I don't have a creature but would not hesitate to get this. The system works good and the install is straightforward. In the interest of full disclosure - I have not seen the other system.
Parker

I took the original creature LCD movie and modified it, interlacing it with the 1954 Creature trailer footage. People really seem to like this variant better than just the straight green Creature (which is embedded into the LCD.) This whole process is described on the ninja website. Also pricing and availability is discussed.

#104 11 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

I took the original creature LCD movie and modified it, interlacing it with the 1954 Creature trailer footage. People really seem to like this variant better than just the straight green Creature (which is embedded into the LCD.) This whole process is described on the ninja website. Also pricing and availability is discussed.

Do you have a link please.

#105 11 years ago

Okay guys after following this thread and I see a few of you are looking to get one and there is similar hologram LCD replacement product from another pinsider called Dan and managed to get one from him.

I wrote up my thoughts on it since I can't access pinball ninja's videos and I thought you would like to see it.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-hologram-lcd-mod-replacement-available-now

And from what I have been told its available now from Dan you want it now. Great product too!

This is the link to the topic where I found Dan.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/one-very-cool-creature-holo-mod

#106 11 years ago

I had a great time this weekend at SPF. Thanks to everyone involved for putting on a wonderful show. I'll post some video of the game in action tomorrow, but here's a fun pic of the game being played by one of the best.

I wonder who the new Grand Champion is

IMG_3841.JPGIMG_3841.JPG

#107 11 years ago

LFS?
what did he score?

#108 11 years ago

I saw MikeD's mod at the SPF and it's BAD ASS! A definite must have IMO. For those on the fence, this mod does not disappoint!

#109 11 years ago

I am very excited to see more video of this one in action.

Khabbi >> were there numerous different videos in action when you saw it at SPF? or was it still just the same one in the 'sneak peak' on page one of this thread?

Also, any indication of when this will be available MikeD? and price?

#110 11 years ago

Mike.
Wish I had known that was your Creature mod while my brother and I were walking around late Friday night after IAAPA.
I just thought it was a mod you had purchased.
I would have loved to learn more about it while I was there.
Not sure how I did not put two and two together, but it was very late and I had an early morning plane to catch.

#111 11 years ago

We are shooting to have several units (5 to 10) available early next year for finish product testing. Regarding pricing, we want to keep the consumer cost of the MOD as low as possible. However, the final price will depend on: the finished BOM, what bulk purchasing discounts we’ll receive on materials, licensing fees if any, and distributor costs.

We’ve completed the design for the game’s interface board and now we are working on getting professionally made PCBs priced out. The interface board will support up to 8 different game trigger inputs. The current design (as shown in the video update that I’ll be putting on YouTube this evening) is only using 2 of the 8 triggers. We are also currently working on an attract mode video feature that looks amazing. Hopefully we’ll have that video completed in another week. FYI - the game trigger inputs on our board allow us to interface the LCD’s microprocessor with any insert light, switch, or DC powered device inside the pinball machine. In other words, our design allows for easy video updates to be made in the future that can be triggered by almost any thing in the game.

We still have a lot of work to do, but we are getting closer. Again, I'll post some video this eveing.

#112 11 years ago

Awesome.

#114 11 years ago

pretty cool. You could have waited 1 min 45 seconds to set up game before starting recorder. There is a lot of video to wade through. Have you considered trying to make bubbles appear to be raising up to the surface? Like when you flip a deck of cards that has a figure which is drawn slightly different on each one and it gives illusion of motion. The game title would stay in place, reinforcing motion in background. What would be a fantastic option is to film the creature in four or five scenes. Crazy stuff like dancing around, riding a bike, shooting a bird at the camera, etc and then allow user to either select one to always appear or cycle through a different one each time the creature is started.

#115 11 years ago

CFTBL has been a favorite of mine for years. I'm soooooo glad I picked one up earlier this year before this mod becomes available. Too many people get hung up on missing or blue holograms. I think that helped hold the price down. Slapping this mod on will undoubtedly push the title further up the most wanted list.

You guys rock!

I look forward to installing this in my machine.

#116 11 years ago

My creech was the one on display at SPF and kudos to Mike for an awesome Mod. After a weekend full of play, The kiss lane was rejecting shots, Lyman put up 500k, but he still has the GC on the machine! Thanks to him to for "signing" it for me lol

Buck

#117 11 years ago

VERY cool!

#118 11 years ago

I echo MadPoles comments, glad I purchased mine 2 weeks ago.

Add me to the list Mike and keep up the good work, I know from your restorations this will be a quality item with no cut corners.

Chris

#119 11 years ago

Very cool, I'm all in...add me to the want list please.

Mike

#120 11 years ago

And i like the idea of the screen saver mode with rising bubbles, etc...but i hope it stays true to the movie creature. Not so sure i want to see the creature dancing, riding a bike, etc...

#121 11 years ago

Thanks for all the feedback guys. We are looking at implementing several of the various suggestions made throughout this thread (some recommendations have already been implemented). As a base line we want the initial MOD to provide the following: (1) a screen saver mode, (2) flash various images of the creature when FILM letters are completed (nothing to far off the beaten path though) – per request, (3) a multiball video, and (4) an attract mode video for when the game isn’t being played – the SPF update video features a quick clip form the attract video.

Again, our interface board enables numerous options for future video enhancements. We are planning on providing several additional videos for the MOD once the base unit is completed. We are also working on some other Creature MODs (still in the conceptual design phase) that will be controlled via our LCD system’s processor. Without saying too much, let’s just say the games light show will be much improved.

Thanks again to Buck for letting me use his Creature at the show. I had a great time and enjoyed watching peoples reactions to the MOD. I’ll keep you guys posted as the project progresses.

#122 11 years ago

"(2) flash various images of the creature when FILM letters are completed (nothing to far off the beaten path though) – per request"

I would like to see the creature in a much more agressive pose during these flashes. I think it should be a more scary pose/image than him just standing in place.

JMHO

#123 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

"(2) flash various images of the creature when FILM letters are completed (nothing to far off the beaten path though) – per request"
I would like to see the creature in a much more agressive pose during these flashes. I think it should be a more scary pose/image than him just standing in place.
JMHO

We were thinking of using some close up head shots and other stuff with him holding his hands out like he’s reaching for the player.

#124 11 years ago

Great work so far on this mod Mike. If you have a wait list please add me to it.

Also, any idea how many you plan to make? With this be a 5-10 qty run or are you planning to make enough to satisfy demand? It looks like the demand isn't going to be a problem

#125 11 years ago

Wow. I never thought any of the mods were as cool as the hologram but this one might change my mind when it's done.

#126 11 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

Great work so far on this mod Mike. If you have a wait list please add me to it.
Also, any idea how many you plan to make? With this be a 5-10 qty run or are you planning to make enough to satisfy demand? It looks like the demand isn't going to be a problem

If you guys want them we will make them

#127 11 years ago

Just a quick update this evening.

Here are some sample pics that will be used when different FILM letters are completed. There are a few other creature images that will be used as well. The pictures will be displayed randomly, so no specific image is associated with a certain FILM letter.

creature_still_1_pb_miked.pngcreature_still_1_pb_miked.png creature_still_4_pb_miked.pngcreature_still_4_pb_miked.png

#128 11 years ago

Love this mod so much. I have to get a Creech just so I can get this mod!

#129 11 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Love this mod so much. I have to get a Creech just so I can get this mod!

You should get a CFTBL because it's a great game. I do appreciate the complement though. I think you'll like the attract feature as well. Hopefully we will have a video of that to show off in a week or so.

#130 11 years ago

just picked up a Creach this past weekend. It is already begging me for this mod...

#131 11 years ago

Definately agree with everyone here. Other than LED's, I'm not much for the bling, but this really fills the inevitable of the original turning colors and potentially dead. Hopefully some of the great CFTBL's out there with blue or black holograms will be able to be brought back to life.

Thanks for doing this.

#132 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

just picked up a Creach this past weekend. It is already begging me for this mod...

Wasn't all that $$ supposed to be for tuition??

<insert slap on wrist here>

#133 11 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

Wasn't all that $$ supposed to be for tuition??
<insert slap on wrist here>

LOL. Plenty of $ for tuition expense plus 2 MUCH cheaper games than MM was.

My collection is now FULL with 4 functional pins and 2 projects (plus year 4 of professional schooling for my wife now accounted for/ budgetted for). I am currently very happy with things how they stand and will likely slow down a bit on the revolving door of pins.

Now the focus needs to shift to house projects interdispersed with pin projects (hopefully including this sweet CFTBL mod in 2013).

#134 11 years ago

Hey PinballMikeD,

You mentioned earlier in the post that the interface board will support up to 8 different game trigger inputs.
Is it possible to use this LCD mod on other custom or re-themed pinball machines (that have the playfield real-estate available)? Or is the hardware designed to work specifically with CFTBL.

Just wondering?
Bowman9

#135 11 years ago
Quoted from Bowman9:

Hey PinballMikeD,
You mentioned earlier in the post that the interface board will support up to 8 different game trigger inputs.
Is it possible to use this LCD mod on other custom or re-themed pinball machines (that have the playfield real-estate available)? Or is the hardware designed to work specifically with CFTBL.
Just wondering?
Bowman9

Good question. The MOD consists of 3 primary parts: (1) HD LCD monitor, (2) micro processor, and (3) interface board. The micro processor is programmed to work in conjunction with the interface board, so the programming along with the graphic files are 100% unique to the CFTBL. However, you could re-program it and create your own custom CG graphics for any pinball machine application. The interface board itself was design to be universal, so it will work with any pinball machine as long as the trigger inputs are DC signals. To answer your question, yes this system can be used for all sorts of pinball MODs. Not to mention, it is expandable.

I think you're on to us, now you know why we are patenting the system's design.

#136 11 years ago

Mike D,
I think...
I think I, love, you.

#137 11 years ago
Quoted from 113th:

Mike D,I think...I think I, love, you.

So what are you so afraid of?
Are you afraid that you're not sure of a love there is no cure for?

#138 11 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

So what are you so afraid of?
Are you afraid that you're not sure of a love there is no cure for?

What just happen.

#139 11 years ago
Quoted from vcloverjr:

What just happen.

Sorry, 113th got me singing Partridge Family tunes. My bad.

#140 11 years ago

hi mike
will you do a big gift for christmas ?
is there any chance your mod is finish in few day ?

#141 11 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

Sorry, 113th got me singing Partridge Family tunes. My bad.

i seem to have that effect on people.

#142 11 years ago

I wish I could guarantee that several units will be available this holiday season. Unfortunately, I don’t think that is realistically going to happen. The prototype board redesign (we decided to incorporate some additional electrical components on our PCB for better power isolation and protection for both the game and the mod) should be completed this week. Once that is done we will again have the PCB layout quoted and move forward with production. However, this will probably take several weeks.

In the mean time, we’ve been working on: (1) various creature images for the FILM letters, (2) an attract mode feature which should be done by the end of next week, and (3) an alternate multiball video for the pinball purists. Barbara, being the perfectionist that she is, has also been working on tweaking our original multiball video in order to further enhance the look of the creature and his surroundings, while staying true to the original movie.

Per the suggestion of several folks in this thread, I’ve contacted FarSight Studios regarding their hologram work. After talking with one of their engineers, I now know exactly how they created the hologram video used in their mobile app. We have secured an NOS hologram in order to follow in FarSight’s footsteps. Realistically, we won’t have the alternate hologram video file completed for our initial release (targeted for late January or early February of next year). However, we will provide the video file for free to those that purchase our MOD.

Again, our system will utilize a jumper pin that will enable you the customer to choose between either our original creature MB video or an alternate video of your choice. You simply have to load the alternate video in the right location on the system’s CPU. When the jumper pin is installed the system will function as shown in our most recent YouTube video. When the jumper pin is removed the system will only play the alternate MB video, leaving the LCD screen black at all other times Now you have a reproduction hologram that will never fade

We will make a small run of ten units for initial testing and (assuming no unforeseen delays) have them ready early next year for the folks that expressed an interest early on in the project. Once we release our base model we will move forward with additional features (snack attack video, extra ball video, move your car images, and more) that will be available as a system upgrade later in 2013.

I’ll keep you guys posted. We hope to have another video update in the next two weeks.

#143 11 years ago

mike,
any chance of posting a public link of the video here for those of us that do not have pinball ninja accounts?

#144 11 years ago

This isn’t the same MOD that is on Clay’s site. There is a separate thread for Dan’s LCD MOD. You can follow our MOD at www.pinballmiked.com under the MODS tab. We also have links to demonstration videos on YouTube that show what the MOD can do. I haven’t added the latest video link to the website yet, but you can get to our YouTube channel from the website as well.

#145 11 years ago

This looks absolutely incredible... even if I owned a CFTBL and my creech hologram was perfect, I'd still want to replace it with this. Best mod in pinball.

#146 11 years ago

Here are the remaining creature pictures that will be flashed when various FILM letters are awarded. We should have the attract mode video completed later this week. I'll shoot another video update once it's done and load it on YouTube.

creature_still_2_cave_watermark_vs_2.pngcreature_still_2_cave_watermark_vs_2.png creature_still_3_cave_watermark(1).pngcreature_still_3_cave_watermark(1).png

#147 11 years ago

I’ve received several emails regarding the different creature images that will be flashed in conjunction with the FILM letters. Answers: (1) At this point we are only using the 4 images previously shown in this thread. However, we might offer a few more picture options with an update further down the road. (2) If there is a specific image you don’t like or you only want to use one of the 4 pictures, we can walk you through how to make the necessary edits to the system once you have it installed. It’s 100% flexible for the consumer; we just wanted to provide a few options. (3) The images will be flashed in a specific order (this is based on the file names, so you could modify the order the pictures are displayed by changing the file names) and then repeated in that same order, so no image is specifically associated with a given letter. Hope this helps for those that inquired.

#148 11 years ago

Nice work! The images look really good. If I were picking a least favorite it would be #2 out of 4; kind of gives me a creature goes to Miami vibe. The porthole one is awesome though. Keep up the good work and please put me on the list for this mod.

#149 11 years ago

REALLY looking forward to this mod!

#150 11 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

Nice work! The images look really good. If I were picking a least favorite it would be #2 out of 4; kind of gives me a creature goes to Miami vibe. The porthole one is awesome though. Keep up the good work and please put me on the list for this mod.

You know the creature is a big D-Wade and King James fan

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Williamston, MI
There are 503 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/creature-hologram-mod/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.