DSCF8616_edited-1.jpg
beansmile3.jpg
IMG_5047.JPG
IMG_5040.JPG
IMG_5039.JPG
IMG_4999.JPG
IMG_4995.JPG
IMG_4994.JPG
There are 503 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 11.
#51 11 years ago

Thanks for the update. I love the screen saver idea! I will purchase on day one.

#52 11 years ago

Seems to me the cool thing to show in the window would be murky water, seaweed and bubbles

#53 11 years ago

hi
when do you think sell your product ?
i think we are a lot waiting this mod and don t want to miss it.
have you an idea of the final price ?

thank's

#54 11 years ago
Quoted from norbertx:

hi
when do you think sell your product ?
i think we are a lot waiting this mod and don t want to miss it.
have you an idea of the final price ?
thank's

Unfortunately, everyone working on this project has a full time job in something other than pinball, so we work on it collectively when we can. We've gone through several iterations, but feel that the current setup (new larger HD LCD) is a winner. I'll let everyone know when it's complete (posting here as well as uploading a video on YouTube), so don't worry about availability. I don't really want to discuss pricing until everything is completed. However, rest assured that I will do everything I can to minimize costs.

1 week later
#55 11 years ago

any news?

C'mon, we're like a nest of baby birds STARVING for info...

#56 11 years ago
Quoted from 113th:

any news?
C'mon, we're like a nest of baby birds STARVING for info...

Well, we spent several hours yesterday and this morning working on the screen saver artwork. I'll post some pictures later today once we have it finalized.

#57 11 years ago

OK, so here are some pics of the screen saver mode as promised. It really looks much better in person; it's hard to see all the details in the artwork with pictures (even high resolution ones). Anyway, things are moving along and we are very excited about the progress being made. I'll keep posting updates as the project progresses.
Screen_Shot_2012-10-21_at_3.03.49_PM.pngScreen_Shot_2012-10-21_at_3.03.49_PM.png Screen_Shot_2012-10-21_at_3.05.02_PM.pngScreen_Shot_2012-10-21_at_3.05.02_PM.png

#58 11 years ago

Wow this looks great!

#59 11 years ago

Awesome. Great work

#60 11 years ago

next lcd mod should be acdc pro. route the face. watch videos while you play.

#61 11 years ago

Holy crap. I didn't think there was anything that would actually fit as a 'screensaver' on that, but that's brilliant. Color matches the PF nicely and the text looks like it actually belongs there IMO.

#62 11 years ago

That was awesome!

#63 11 years ago

This is looking better and better with every update! Awesome work!

It would be really cool if during Mega Menu the Snack Trio marched across the screen.

#64 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Holy crap. I didn't think there was anything that would actually fit as a 'screensaver' on that, but that's brilliant. Color matches the PF nicely and the text looks like it actually belongs there IMO.

Thanks. Barbara, my graphic artist on the project, developed several different art packages, but everyone that has seen the LCD in person really likes this design. Most importantly, we wanted the screen saver mode to make the LCD look like a part of the playfield. We wanted to match the playfield colors as best as possible and utilize the same text font style shown on the translight.

Again, it's hard to get a real feel for the 3D effect looking at these 2D pictures. The LCD's mounting angle along with the stickers on the plastic window really give the image depth that can only be seen in person.

#65 11 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

This is looking better and better with every update! Awesome work!
It would be really cool if during Mega Menu the Snack Trio marched across the screen.

Great idea. With that said, we are working on building the interface board to provide additional future functionality (don't want to say too much yet as this is still being developed). Our idea would enable many options for future triggers though, but we have to stop at some point otherwise the Mod will never be finished

#66 11 years ago

Amazing mode and idea, hats off.

#67 11 years ago

Wow, very cool.

#68 11 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

Well, hope you guys enjoy:
» YouTube video
This is just a teaser to give everyone a taste of what's to come. Our system will display various media files during game play to bring the creature and his lagoon to life.

Looks great, does it come in blue?

#69 11 years ago

When the hell can I place a pre-order....????

#70 11 years ago

I want one. Take my money NOW. James Lewis [email protected]

#71 11 years ago

Man this is really good work, I would have one of these in a second

#72 11 years ago
Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

next lcd mod should be acdc pro. route the face. watch videos while you play.

Ha, that's an idea. Good thing I'm getting the Premium.

#73 11 years ago

Exciting to think of all the options. Good going!

#74 11 years ago

that looks sweet, keep up the good work and keep us updated.

#75 11 years ago

As a guy who bought a repro hologram a few years back only to watch it fade and die AGAIN, I'm all in for this mod! Much better option, and let's face it... just more fun!

#76 11 years ago

Can't wait !

#77 11 years ago

So we have two different options with this type of mod, I wonder if it will come down to price or what video is playing on each different system?

1 week later
#78 11 years ago

Well, SPF is right around the corner now.

Quick update:

We are currently finishing up the testing phase of the project for our initial prototype PCB interface board (the finial design will have some more goodies/options). As is, the LCD system will: (1) display the screen saver image, (2) flash different images of the creature when FILM letters are achieved, and (3) play the MB video shown in the original YouTube video. Hopefully, we can shoot another video of the game in action later this week and post it on YouTube.

#79 11 years ago

This is brilliant and much needed. Very classy mod/replacement.

#80 11 years ago

I want in for one! Looks amazing.
Allen

#81 11 years ago

wow looks great I want a CFTBL now

#82 11 years ago

So cool. I might have to go to the SPF just to check this out. I was kinda planning on going anyway, but this is another reason.

#83 11 years ago

Great work guys. Please add me to your list and let me know when you start producing this mod.

#84 11 years ago

So the plan is still on to be at SPF? I'm so excited!

#85 11 years ago
Quoted from Putmick_J:

So the plan is still on to be at SPF? I'm so excited!

That's the plan.

#86 11 years ago

Dang it. Now I need to get a Creech again! LOL

#87 11 years ago

FS: My Creature Hologram original with slight bluing

#88 11 years ago

T

#89 11 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

The pinballninja.com site has a blog entry showing the new LCD creature mod, and how to install it. Also shows a lot of stuff in general about the whole Creature assembly and holograms. Lots of pictures and a 12 minute movie on the whole affair.

How do you access this site?
Thanks!

#90 11 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

The pinballninja.com site has a blog entry showing the new LCD creature mod, and how to install it. Also shows a lot of stuff in general about the whole Creature assembly and holograms. Lots of pictures and a 12 minute movie on the whole affair.

Cool, but that isn’t mine. Must be a different one.

#91 11 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

Saw it Clay, thanks for sharing. Definitely interested in seeing this mod evolve. Lots of possibilities.

Pinbel - a small donation to the site gets you access to the video and all the other repair content. Best bang for the buck as Ted would say.

Brian

#92 11 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Saw it Clay, thanks for sharing. Definitely interested in seeing this mod evolve. Lots of possibilities.
Pinbel - a small donation to the site gets you access to the video and all the other repair content. Best bang for the buck as Ted would say.
Brian

How do you donate?
Thanks!

#93 11 years ago
Quoted from PINBELL:

How do you donate?
Thanks!

Yep, with all due respect to Clay he's a bit vague in this regard.

In short, Paypal $20 to his email address. There are alternate donation methods, and mine is just a suggestion.

Here's the link: http://www.pinrepair.com/donate/

#94 11 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

Well, SPF is right around the corner now.
Quick update:
We are currently finishing up the testing phase of the project for our initial prototype PCB interface board (the finial design will have some more goodies/options). As is, the LCD system will: (1) display the screen saver image, (2) flash different images of the creature when FILM letters are achieved, and (3) play the MB video shown in the original YouTube video. Hopefully, we can shoot another video of the game in action later this week and post it on YouTube.

Quick follow up:

I can now officially say that we have received a donor CFTBL machine for the SPF show later this month (big thanks to Buck for helping me out with that). If you’re coming to the show feel free to stop by and check out the mod in person.

We have completed the prototype testing for base level functionality as previously described. In addition, we are going to try and have an attract mode feature setup as well for the show (this may not happen due to time constraints, but we do intend to have an attract mode video built into the finial product).

#95 11 years ago

I'm interested in this subject after watching the video on Pinball Ninja.

I can't decide whether I want one that is true to original, or over the top like this one sounds like it is.

I own 2 CFTBL machines and depending on cost would be in for possibly 1 of each.

I would love it if I could buy *1* unit that does a more 'universal', flip a dip switch and it acts more like an original Creech, flip it back and it has the 'deluxe' version

#96 11 years ago

John,

That was actually our original intent. In fact, we still have that functionality built into our system. The problem is we don’t have any good quality footage of the hologram in action. When we tried to video tape the hologram, the quality of the footage wasn’t what we wanted it to be. Once the mirror moves a certain distance (in either the left or right direction) off center from the plastic viewing window in the playfield, the image on the camera screen distorts pretty badly. Therefore, we currently only have one version of the creature to display during MB. However, I think the screen saver and other features make the LCD a more interactive option. The nicest thing about our LCD system is that it is expandable and allows for future video/image upgrades.

Also, please keep in mind that what is on Clay’s website is something other than my mod. Unless he broke into my in-laws house with a camera when they weren’t home

#97 11 years ago

mikeD,
for us that wont be able to make it to the SPF,

will you post a nice big demo vid?

#98 11 years ago
Quoted from 113th:

mikeD,
for us that wont be able to make it to the SPF,
will you post a nice big demo vid?

I'm hoping to have something up on YouTube before the show next weekend. We will certainly shoot some video at the show as well.

#99 11 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

I'm interested in this subject after watching the video on Pinball Ninja.
I can't decide whether I want one that is true to original, or over the top like this one sounds like it is.
I own 2 CFTBL machines and depending on cost would be in for possibly 1 of each.
I would love it if I could buy *1* unit that does a more 'universal', flip a dip switch and it acts more like an original Creech, flip it back and it has the 'deluxe' version

I've played the one on Clay's machine a few times. It does work out well and the new "creature" looks pretty good. My guess is they filmed this themselves to make sure there was no licensing issues as it is their own video content now.

You can make your OWN video and have it play instead. We tried it out and it works good also. I don't have a creature but would not hesitate to get this. The system works good and the install is straightforward. In the interest of full disclosure - I have not seen the other system.

Parker

#100 11 years ago

Sorry, looks like we won’t be getting any updated videos posted on YouTube until after the SPF show. For folks coming to SPF either Saturday or Sunday, we will have the mod on display in a CFTBL that you can play. If you find the game with a “pinballmiked” sign on top of it then you found the right creature. Hope to see you there. I’ll be somewhere in the general vicinity of the machine to answer any questions you might have. Also, you can follow us at our new website: www.pinballmiked.com

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
€ 24.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 9.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
There are 503 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/creature-hologram-mod/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.