hologram_(front).jpg
hologram_(back).jpg
holo_3.jpg
holo_4.jpg
holo_2.jpg
holo_1.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Hi everybody,

at first let me apologize for not communicating in the past weeks. Sometimes life really su*'# - hate to sort out some really bad and sad private issues but as we all know life always continues and now I'm bakc to business...

The creature holo is ready and was tested it in 3 different machines. We all like the result we were working on for more than a year right now.

Some infos on the hologram:

Fading: I of course understand your concerns about the possibility of the hologram fading in a very short period of time. I had 3 different samples on different material - one sample made from the original monochromic material - the other ones made from newer film material.

I've chosen to make it out of the more modern material, rather than the polaroid film back from the 90's. The GREAT advantage: this holo will last for years (I could have said centuries but don't wanna risk complains in 20 years. This material is not monochromic - so depending on the direction you look at the holo you have a full color spectrum - so you might see some blue or even orange etc. So please don't worry when you receive the holos and have a first glance at it. You simply MUST install it in the machine and the only color you'll see is bright green. Those holos need an exact angle (provided by the installed lamp and the angle the holo is mounted) to produce the desired color which is nothing but green

We'll give a 24 months warranty on the holo. Should they fade, you get a spare one or your money back. As mentioned before: I've seen holos that were 15 years old and looked like they were brand new - so I don't have any worries that the holo might fade. The holo's produced by IPB were definitely made of the wrong material.

To follow are some pics from the final holo - it was really hard to make decent photos. These photos were made in a photostudio - we also had to dim the surrounding lights in order to be able to make shots were you can see the beautiful details of the holo. For the ones amoung you who might state: I can make photos with my cheap camera - Yep - original holo made from Polaroid film had a wider range for the light and thus made it easier to make decent photos..and still in real those crazy details are much more visible than on these photos

holo_1.jpgholo_1.jpg holo_2.jpgholo_2.jpg holo_4.jpgholo_4.jpg holo_3.jpgholo_3.jpg

Here you find a movie of the installed holo - and again: my digital camera wasn't really able to bring out the real bright green color - but this always seems to be a problem - when you look at all movies of the original holo there's always a little bit of blue depending on the direction of the movement...

We offer 2 versions:

1. Holo with self-adhesive foil to be sticked on original mounting plate
Preorder/early bird price is 299$ Net. price shipping from Germany

2. Holo including mounting plate for a 1 swap
Preorder/early bird price is 315$ Net. price shipping from Germany

Plus shipping costs - aprox 20$ to the US with DHL as carrier

These holograms are of course licensed through the license holder

Preorderlist is open from today on till june 30th. After that holos will be available at the well known distributors for a different price

Please send inquirys INCLUDING YOUR FULL CONTACT to: [email protected]

Many thanks - really hope you enjoy your brand new holo repro
Cheers

Henrik

#2 10 years ago

henrik:
first off, the hologram looks great, thank you for taking the time and effort to painstakingly reproduce it

however, I do have a few questions/concerns

first is the which is the way that the creature's claws do not seem to pop out (see the last few posts that were made in your original thread with the photos and video that were provided) compared to the original. is this just due to the positioning of the camera?

Quoted from Pinball-Dreams:

Those holos need an exact angle (provided by the installed lamp and the angle the holo is mounted) to produce the desired color which is nothing but green

- does this mean that as long as the original hardware is used, there shouldn't be any issues?
- can a LED bulb be used (to eliminate heat issues)?
- can a green LED bulb be used, or will it cause issues with the color of the hologram?

finally, what are we looking at in terms of pricing?

edit:
since you stated that you created holograms using all 3 film types, can you show what the new one using the original polaroid film material looks like for comparison?

edit2:
is the creature's right arm in the correct position to be affected by the motorized cam and appear to "swipe" at the player as the hologram film is flexed? (a video would really help to see the final product in use)

#3 10 years ago

where's the info on the pre-order list?

-c

#4 10 years ago

2. Holo including mounting plate for a 1 swap
Preorder/early bird price is 315$ Net. price shipping from Germany

what does this include? the thin layer or both the thin layer that the hologram was adhered to, and/or the 3 separate thick plates that were riveted all together? (see below)

hologram_(back).jpghologram_(back).jpg hologram_(front).jpghologram_(front).jpg

#5 10 years ago

Hi Craig,

many thanks for your kind words at first...so lets start over...

**********first is the which is the way that the creature's claws do not seem to pop out (see the last few posts that were made in your original thread with the photos and video that were provided) compared to the original. is this just due to the positioning of the camera?

So...2 points:
1. the amount of the movement of the claws depends on the settings of this little "wheel" of the assembly. This wheel bends the mounting plate (therefore the plate is separated on the backside in 3 sections). It is adjustable by 2 scews - the higher its position is - the more it bends the plates, the more movement you have - I found this out AFTER the video was shot..
2. Of course this is still a repro - we didn't have any original master holo etc. So the holo studio had to measure and reproduce the angles of the original holo - this was a major task and of course I cannot say - its it 1000% the same - we had to reproduce it

***** does this mean that as long as the original hardware is used, there shouldn't be any issues?

As long as you don't put the holo in UV light for months and as long as there are no temperatures above 70c (which is aprox 160f) there won't be any issues

**** can a LED bulb be used (to eliminate heat issues)?
YES - if the led bulb is bright enough - you do need really bright light

**** can a green LED bulb be used, or will it cause issues with the color of the hologram?
Hmmm...didn't try that - but again - the amount of light is very important

*****edit:
now that a new hologram master has created (or is the process different?), can you show what one using the original film material would look like for comparison?

Sorry - not at the moment, cause I don't have the other samples any more at the moment.

Thanks again

Henrik

#6 10 years ago

The mounting plate will be exactly like the original - you'd just need to swap it. Exactly like the complete mounting plate shown on the pics...

#7 10 years ago

henrik:
can you verify one more detail?
does it appear (to you) that possibly the model was not in the correct position (position/proximity to the camera) when the hologram master was made?

if you look at my original hologram video (see below), you can see what I'm referring to with both of the creature's arms really popping out and appearing quite large

#8 10 years ago

Hi again,

as stated before of course it might be possible that the hands for example are not as big as on the original holo, but without having an original model all of the angles had to be measured and reproduced. It also matters how much you bend the holo when making a photo/movie. I can also bend my holo here so that the arms and hands appear to be HUGE...

Also the original figure was rebuild virtually as a 3d modell - its very hard to judge how huge those hands and arms had to be for the holo. This is a real sience and would have been MUCH easier and MUCH less expensive if we had the original model, BUT if you look on any aprroaches that have been made in the past, I think our artists made a pretty good job with recreating the figure...

The thing is: one has to see it installed in the pin - anything is else doesn't really trsnport the reality

Thx again - have a great day
Henrik

1 month later
#9 10 years ago

Anyone buy one of these and have a report?

#10 10 years ago

henrik has gone MIA (again) and I don't believe that anyone has gotten any more information regarding pre-ordering / taking delivery on one since his last post which was a month ago.

#11 10 years ago

Thanks for the update. This all sure makes no sense to me...

#12 10 years ago

I believe that he had some family matters to attend when he went missing the last time.

that's the problem with hobbies like these, sometimes we all want immediate answers but forget that many of the people doing projects like these have careers, families and lives outside of pinball (go figure )

hopefully, he'll pop back in soon and give everyone an update

#13 10 years ago

Hi guys,

indeed I don't have the time to show up here every day (quite sure very soon you guys will understand where I "wasted" my time in the last weeks - more projects are in progress and also YES - unfortunately a very good friend and former employee died some days ago...life isn't always funny...

But I really don't completely understand the issue. I've set up a preorder list. I informed the buyers about delievery time. We made a first prototype and then I ordered the first bunch aprox 4 weeks ago. This bunch is in production right now and I guess I'll receive them next week or in 12 days latest. Meanwhile we were working on the mounting plate and this still causes a slight problem, cause we're still looking for the proper hyperthin material for the "sandwich" but we'll surely take this last hurdle as well. So I'm quite sure the first holos will ship in 2 weeks time...

Have fun pinheads
Cheers

Henrik

#14 10 years ago

Rather have them right. Thanks for the update...

2 weeks later
#15 10 years ago

Dear pinheads and customers,

just want to inform you about the status of the creature holo many of you kindly ordered some time ago. The only reason why we didn't supply yet, is cause we have trouble finding this very thin metall for the mounting plate "sandwhich". The plate itself is constructed and looks great. But
this hyperthin metal must be really flexible and really very thin. So far we've tried different
spring steels, but this material is not suitable, cause it doesn't bend really smooth but rather
produces more or less loud cracks when you bend it. So for now we gave some small bits to
a university over here who are capable of testing the original metal and provide detailed
information about its material. We really hope to have the suitable metal within 14 days
and then we'll ship the holos immediatetly. REALLY Sorry for this inconvenience, but I guess
these things are more or less common when developing such a "hightech" product. We'll
keep you informed.

Warm regards from Germany

Henrik

#16 10 years ago

locate someone with a hand held metal analyser, as it will quicker tell you what it is, no need to cut material and do physical tests. Testing takes 1 minute.

http://www.niton.com/en/metal-and-alloy-analysis

#17 10 years ago

Hi swinks - many thanks for this hint - will have a look who might have such a tool over here. Cheers

Henrik

#18 10 years ago

thanks for the Update...

#19 10 years ago

Hi swinks - many thanks for this hint - will have a look who might have such a tool over here. Cheers
Henrik

Maybe a metal scrap yard might use one? Good Luck

#20 10 years ago

Henrik

Contact the local seller and determine from them who bought one in the area, contact that company and get a quick test done. Or even better ask the seller to do a test for you.

This is the best instrument to use and a few distributors in Germany
http://www.oxford-instruments.com/contact-us?c=349

I helped a company that I worked for get one to own over here about a year ago, very impressive tool, but very expensive around $40k. Point and shoot and with 1 minute you will have the broad spectrum of the material qualities and then the material type can be determined. Hope it helps

If my Creature had the hologram in it I would go back to my old work and do the test but unfortunately my machine came without a holo.

1 month later
#21 10 years ago

henrik:
is there any update on finding a suitable candidate for the thin metal sandwiched between the hologram and the 3-pc plate?

1 month later
#22 10 years ago

Bump. News?

#23 10 years ago

Good morning,

Preordered holos are shipped..so I guess some feedback here very soon

Cheers

Henrik

#24 10 years ago

Looking forward to pictures etc.

4 months later
#25 10 years ago

Has anyone purchased one of these? Any feedback?

#26 10 years ago

They are great and worth the money.

#27 10 years ago

Pix of setup?

7 years later
#28 2 years ago

hi, can you still get these holograms? Cheers

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.95
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/creature-holo-repro-infos-pics-video-and-preorderlist and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.