(Topic ID: 59234)

CPR Updates

By CPR

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Nr._9_A_1024x1024.jpg
    Nr._9_B_1024x1024.jpg
    Nr._9_C_1024x1024.jpg
    Nr._9_C_1024x1024.jpg
    Untitled4.png
    There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 10 years ago

Hey Guys;

I just thought I had to post here and hopefully give you all some news on what's been happening at CPR this summer.

- Kevin had to shut down his home based part of CPR as we just totally outgrew it. We started with a small section of his basement and when we shut down a few weeks ago he calculated we were using 2600sqft of his house!! His entire basement, living room, hallways and at least 2 spare bedrooms were completely full of CPR stuff. Even one of his bathrooms has PFs stacked against a wall! So we found a new location not far from his place and he's been moving in over the past few weeks. He tells me he'll be fully up and running this Monday..... he's a very optimistic guy

Once Kevin said he was shutting down and I blew a board in my CNC I took it as a sign for me to also take advantage of Kevin's print shop being down and I dismantled the two small shops I had been operating out of for many years and decided to build a new two story shop that will have almost 3x the combined space of the old shop. It'll have proper power and decent insulation so anyone working there won't freeze in the winter or have heatstroke in the summer. I was told by my builder that it would be ready this Friday.... but so far all I see is a foundation..... another demented optimist

In the past year or so since Stu became a partner at CPR and he agreed to take on the roll of Art Director and he's been posting and fielding many of the questions posted online of CPR. Even though Stu's opinions are just that... Stu's opinions, whenever he stated a fact it was backed up by the knowledge of being a CPR Partner and having total access to the inner working of the menagerie that we call CPR. I was very disappointed when he recently decided to stop posting in the name of CPR because that was a very valuable asset to us that was lost. I have implored Stu to continue posting as it gave unprecedented access to all of you into where we were going. Hopefully he reconsiders and begins keeping you guys up to date once again even in some limited capacity, as having me update the CPR website once every few months.... OK, every several months... or even worse was just not doing anyone any favors.

- Preorders- The idea of preorders was a way we came up to initially gauge the demand we might expect for a PF. When I first started making PFs we took deposits but the logistics of tracking hundreds of emails with changes of addresses, emails, changes, etc.. was a nightmare. When CPR formed the preorders just seemed the best way to do things. It gave us a rough idea of how many PFs might be wanted which allowed us to make an educated guess and order the number of inserts we needed. The real issues was the long lag times for inserts. It many cases it's been 10 months to get an order and that order might have 6 months or more of inserts for planned PFs. So at least some of the PFs are 18 months away when we place the order for the inserts. Lots can change in 18 months, the artwork might not be ready yet, guys sell off their games, you name it, it's happened. we actually have inserts for many PFs which we later decided not to make or inserts for PFs that we couldn't get licenses for. Anyway, the preorder system worked as well as could be expected given the obvious limitations. It actually worked much better that we ever expected. As the list got older more and more guys would drop off, not responding to their call for payments for many many reasons. Sometimes a guy moved or changed emails etc but since we go through the list top to bottom changes like this are very hard to track, impossible really given our limited spare time. However, this gave guys at the bottom of the list to get a PF he might never have gotten. In almost all cases everyone that had showed an interest would get a crack at one if their email we had was current. I think Playboy and WhirlWind were the only ones that we completely ran out of before everyone got a shot. However, Stu has been very influential in us deciding that the preorder lists might be more of a curse than a real use. We'll retain all the data we have from our current lists but I doubt we will regularly use them except in special cases from now on.

Lastly I was going to rewrite this but decided to just cut and paste from a post a made a few days ago. It was a post that wanted us to add carts etc to our website and some other suggestions. I hope this sheds a little light on how we have ALWAYS done things.

<paste>

We're a few pinheads trying to make parts for you guys. .... carts? While shopping carts are available at the local grocery store we really haven't figured out a way to get them set up on our website. Seriously, until...well... this weekend we were a couple of guys who make this stuff "solely" in our basements. Our first and truly most important task is to actually make the parts. Then we have to find a simple way to have you guys purchase them....hence the website. Beyond these basics we think its more important to show good pictures and discuss how we make parts rather than spend a huge amount of time learning how to code the website for carts... etc..... I hope you all understand.

I have repeated this many... many times. CPR is about pinheads making parts for pinheads. We have to make a few bucks to keep the business afloat but that is NEVER our primary goal. We make many parts that we lose money on and we know this even before we give the project a go ahead. That's OK as long as the next project is able to cover the loses on the previous. That's why you see us make parts that you all know we're gonna lose our shirts on... we'll make it up on the next run.. well, hopefully. CPR was never designed to come in and take the cream of the crop, like others do. CPR was begun for Kevin and I to be able to make the parts we needed to restore our own games. Later, after we had set up a functioning system, we expanded that model to include the parts our friends needed and then to what it is today where the Art Team gets the parts they all want to have made, and hopefully you all need the same parts. It's been super because as more of you want these often obscure parts we are able to make more and more of them. We are often and I really mean often are criticized for not concentrating more on the high value parts. The reality is the high value parts will get made because.... there is profit in them. If we only based our business model on profit then at least half of our projects would have NEVER been done. I know it's not the way to make money but it's in my opinion it's the best path for the hobby, my hobby and hopefully, yours too.

Mike P.

#2 10 years ago

Thanks for the update. Keep up the good work.

#3 10 years ago

Agreed, thank you for the update Mike!

#4 10 years ago

Thanks for the update and insight into CPR Mike. I love your work.

#5 10 years ago

Diner and medusa Playfield soon yey
    The more I wait the better it will be

#6 10 years ago

Thanks for the update Mike, we all really appreciate what you guys do.

#7 10 years ago

This post was about a million times more informative and useful than most of the posts that Stu makes (other than to announce something is available), IMO.

So....if no more preorders, then it's just a feeding frenzy day of release for new playfields?

#8 10 years ago

Please make Bride of Pinbot playfields. The world needs them. In fact I'd argue they need them a lot more than they need some newer pin which originally shipped with clearcoated playfields that likely held up a lot better than the thousands of BoP's out there. I've been waiting a few years hoping someone would remake this playfield as it is the one game that sticks out like a sore thumb that it's not nearly as near mint as all my other games.

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

This post was about a million times more informative and useful than most of the posts that Stu makes (other than to announce something is available), IMO.
    So....if no more preorders, then it's just a feeding frenzy day of release for new playfields?

Please keep with the pre-order system, at least through the hs release. I've been on the list since the 1st day, and don't always have Internet access. I would hate to miss out on a pf if it became a free for all.

#10 10 years ago

I don't think you have to worry about that...sounds like they were keeping with the existing lists and whatnot for stuff that's currently up.

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I don't think you have to worry about that...sounds like they were keeping with the existing lists and whatnot for stuff that's currently up.

Quoted from CPR:

We'll retain all the data we have from our current lists but I doubt we will regularly use them except in special cases from now on.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting, but it doesn't sound like a preorder will get any special consideration from here on out.

#12 10 years ago

Okay, so we'll agree to wait for clarification then.

#13 10 years ago

Hey Mike. If you don't want to learn web code and all that (me either), look into 1&1. For between $6 and $10 a month, they have a template web system that can do everything you want. It's pretty much...select a web template...cut and paste your info. You can link to PayPal, etc. I tried the 30 day free trial and was hooked!

#14 10 years ago

so.... can someone please summarize for me. how do i purchase products from CPR?

#15 10 years ago

SIMPLE ORDERING INSTRUCTIONS AT THE BOTTOM OF EACH PAGE
    (cut & pasted text from this page: http://classicplayfields.com/store.html )

Quoted from bigehrl:

so.... can someone please summarize for me. how do i purchase products from CPR?

#16 10 years ago

thanks stu! does this mean your back on pinside!??! hope so!

-jon

#17 10 years ago

I've had 1&1 for years. Think my sites have only been down like twice in four or five years. And once I think was my fault for letting my payment info lapse after a credit card change. I just wish I had more actual USE for having websites/domains.

#18 10 years ago

Thanks for the update Mike.

#19 10 years ago

Mike or Stu,

So it would be nice to have clarification. I am on the Pre-Order for Bad Cats, which has been waiting a long time and last we heard, inserts were on the way for it. Does this mean BC will be free-for-al or will pre-orders get an e-mail.

I guess the additional question would be, will new playfields be free-for-all when they are released and will release times/dates be announced at all? While I understand CPR not worrying about who buys what and how many as long as products are purchased, in the pursuit of keeping this for hobbyists when possible, it does seem like 1 per buying for some period of time seems best for the hobby, even if it isn't best for those who buy more than one just to resell at scalper prices. (And no, I'm not saying everyone who has bought then sold later did it for that purpose) but for those who have been on the pre-order list previously and lost out because some people bought more than what might be called "their fair share" it would seem to be more equitable.

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

thanks stu! does this mean your back on pinside!??!

I haven't decided yet (actually I never left, I monitor posts all day long, every day > I just don't post updates any more). I'm still peeved at all the negativity on Pinside in regards to my CPR posts ( a clear example of the negativity I'm speaking about is from Frax in this thread: "This post was about a million times more informative and useful than most of the posts that Stu makes (other than to announce something is available), IMO." > Mike & I discussed him making a CPR Update posting and he did a great job & right out of the gate I'm getting bashed for all my previous posts > I really don't need that shit from anyone....so at this point the jury is still out.....

Quoted from shimoda:

Mike or Stu,
    So it would be nice to have clarification. I am on the Pre-Order for Bad Cats, which has been waiting a long time and last we heard, inserts were on the way for it. Does this mean BC will be free-for-al or will pre-orders get an e-mail.
    I guess the additional question would be, will new playfields be free-for-all when they are released and will release times/dates be announced at all?

shimoda:
    Mike & I had a 4 hour phone conversation about where CPR is going, where it started, how to make it more effecient, etc. In regards to "per-orders" where we left it (last weekend) was that we will consider leaving the current projects that have an 'existing pre-order' going through their production as previously planned. "Future" projects (that are not currently on the pre-order) will most likely not be on any pre-order basis as all it does is cause chaos for everyone (I will Not go into specifics). When a new Playfield is completed and ready for Shipping I (or someone from CPR) will post an Announcement on the Forums that the products is available for purchase.

Stu

#21 10 years ago

Additional CPR Updates on the CPR web site:

July 2013

Wow, lots of changes this summer at CPR. Stu had been doing such a fine job updating you all I just neglected this page but with Stu now backing off I guess I'll have to get off my butt and keep this page updated a little better.

- Kevin has finally run out of room at his house and we have to relocate to a commercial location. This is scary as its a major commitment and investment for us.

-My CNC shop has also been on the upgrade list for some time. My two small shops had provided almost all the cutting since CPR began, but they were just too small. Our newest CNC, a MultiCAM 1000 is a monster and it cannot be broken down and taken through a normal door so it sat unused in a car trailer for almost 2 yrs. We finally decided now was the time get a building that has a door that can handle this machine. So, the wood shop is partially shut down while I rebuild it into something we can really use, something that means we don't have to shovel a snow path down a large hill, across the grass and hand carry PFs to Kevin's for printing. We have need this type of area for years but just couldn't afford the time or money. With Kevin relocating the screening it was a great opportunity to do the upgrade when he was down and my construction would not slow him down.

- So other than some major changes.... here's what's new...

- Stu and Kevin have spent a small fortune tuning and retuning the CMYK artwork for backglasses over and over again. It's actually much more complicated than I ever thought possible to get what you want out of a CMYK screen. There are a huge amount of variables. We have had spot colors nailed for years but this is something new. From the sounds of it though the boys have it well in hand due to Stu's.... errrr.. dedication, though..... some might call it lunacy. I'm not truly sure what to call it but I am glad we have Stu's energy and drive.

- I think that we have two small boutique PF runs ready to print and the Highspeed PF as well. Strikes and Spares are all cut and glued as are the Fish Tales Mini boat PFs. Keep an eye open for these. It's just a matter of getting every set back up and tweaked perfectly like we had it before we mucked it all up by tearing it apart and moving it.

#22 10 years ago

I know this has been brought up before and I can't remember what the answer was, but why not just take say $200 non-refundable deposit up front? That will weed out most of the non-buyers and people who are not serious buyers. At least then if someone backs out you have something in return for being bailed on and you can still sell the playfield. Just a thought.

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from Stu:

I haven't decided yet (actually I never left, I monitor posts all day long, every day > I just don't post updates any more). I'm still peeved at all the negativity on Pinside in regards to my CPR posts

Well, sorry to hear that Stu, but I wanted to thank you for the way you kept us all in the loop with how The Shadow plastics were coming along, and getting them finished. I know there were a ton of us that really needed them.
    Now, I still haven't actually put them on yet, but I'm sure they'll be great once I do....maybe I should go get to work.

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Please keep with the pre-order system, at least through the hs release. I've been on the list since the 1st day, and don't always have Internet access. I would hate to miss out on a pf if it became a free for all.

I just picked up a HS and saw that the HS playfields were all sold out which made me a little sad...oh well I must just keep up with what I've got.

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I just picked up a HS and saw that the HS playfields were all sold out which made me a little sad...oh well I must just keep up with what I've got.

I got my game in 2006, been waiting since 2008 (I think), when someone mentioned they were working on the artwork for the pf. So I practiced touch up and spot clear on the pf, very patiently waiting until last year when the list finally opened up. Now with the pf actually being built. Needless to say I'm ecstatic!

#26 10 years ago

Any news on TOTAN?

#27 10 years ago

I'm hoping for a better ordering system that allows people some surety of their preorder.

I have purchased a lot of CPR products over the years.

Presently I'm sitting waiting for a payment request for a Taxi playfield that I preordered back 2/2/2012 and haven't heard anything as yet. However I read in the Taxi playfield thread that someone else who did the same on the same date, already has their playfield. If nothing else it is very confusing/frustrating not knowing if a playfield is secured or not.

Hoping CPR continues to improve and prosper.

#28 10 years ago

Kevin will resume his eMails & Packing/Shipping when he gets back from vacation as Noted on the web site home page "CPR Status Timeline" > http://classicplayfields.com/index.html

#29 10 years ago

Stu has always been a valuable resource for CPR information. Not only that - he produces some damn fine products. Look at my pins and I've also got a backglass collection - I've bought tons of stuff that wouldn't be here without him.

Thanks for all your hard work Stu!

Scott

#30 10 years ago

The existing pre order lists will be used so anyone who is on one is good to go, but guys please keep in mind that many of these pre orders lists are years old and they are what I based my production numbers on at least to some extent. There were other factors too.

1. At about 100 PFs I start to get decent discounts on the inserts, for example we once ran short of a run of Centaurs. On the original run I cut about 100 but in the end we had about 15 more guys on the preorder list. Back then inserts were pretty quick and we had the time to order more inserts to make 15 more before Kevin printed them. The inserts for the original 100 were about $30 per PF and the last 15 were about $120 per PF..... not exactly inexpensive. Nowadays this is impossible anyway due to the huge lead times for inserts.

2. With the old shop we really only had room to make about 150 PFs at a time before we just plain had no where to put em. So that was the max we could make. Even if we had 300 preorders we couldn't make them all at once anyway and would have to make two completely separate runs. Hopefully we have a bit better usage in the shop and this problem can be overcome. Although truthfully we never have had to make that many anyway. I think ToTAN is going to be our biggest run yet and we will either have to make two or maybe three separate runs unless we find some new way to cycle that many PFs through the screen shop at once.

We will probably still use preorders on some games, especially licensed themes as that may help determine if it's worth paying for a license.

I noticed someone mentioned taking a good deposit.... we tried that before CPR and it was a nightmare. For example, old buddy Joe sends in his deposit, two months later he changes emails, a few months later he gets a new apt, and then if we're shipping between July and Sept we should ship to his cottage, then he sells his game due to family troubles and needs his deposit back etc... each one of those changes required a change on a customer spreadsheet. In the end many of the deposits generated many many emails each that truly had to be answered because we had this poor guys money and a responsibility to him because of that. Now multiply that by about 100 PFs in each run and maybe 8-10 runs a year. We'd need to stop making PFs just to keep up with all the extra emails!

From now on I will try to buy enough inserts so that we can quickly rerun titles that sell out but for at least the next 12 months I'll be working through existing pre order PF titles so no one has to worry about this very much. We'll still advertise upcoming titles so you guys can plan for them and in some cases we'll still run the preorders but just not in every case.

I hope you guys understand as many people see the preorder technique as broken and we're just trying to find something that works as well but doesn't make people upset at us when for some reasons they don't get one of our products.

You have other options as well, Rick at Bay Area usually and at odd times Gene gets these products as well as part of our licensing agreement so hit them up early and you'll probably be able to get one there. We often have PFs that aren't perfect that Kevin sets aside.... funny thing is after 10 minutes examining it a month or two later he can't figure out why he culled it the first time around. These are usually the silver quality. There are always a few with just plain weird stuff on them, a wrong colored insert somewhere, a weird coloration of the wood, a small misalignment on a color, or something else. These are offered up later as Bronzes with certain caveats and explanations. These type of PFs are often available for a long time afterwards even if they are not posted online because... it takes quite a bit of time to examine and photo each and every PF oddity and list them on our website.

I hope this helps explain some of the rather odd way we do things. I know its not the way to run a "real" business because I have been told this by quite a few people, but it's the only way we really know how to.

Thanks
    Mike

#31 10 years ago

Stu, I appreciate your updates and input into this site. I know things have gotten negative around here lately, but I bet for every negative post, there's a bunch of guys who appreciate the info you provide.

Please ignore the trolls . . .

Thanks and continued success!

#32 10 years ago

Woohoo! Sounds like TOTAN will be made. I am near the end of the list but it will be well worth the wait.

I can't even begin to imagine the effort required to design/mfg/sell reproduction playfields. Job well done. Thank you CPR!

#33 10 years ago

Frax is an idiot. If pinside is truly about pinball you can't have him discouraging Stu and other valuable assets to this hobby from participating in this or any other forum. No one will miss Frax, while many of us have missed Stu and his updates. Time to do your job mods.

#34 10 years ago

Thanks for all information Mike! I'm looking forward to getting my Taxi playfield.

Also looking forward to playfields for Diner and EATPM in the near (I hope) future.

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from MXV:

Please make Bride of Pinbot playfields. The world needs them. In fact I'd argue they need them a lot more than they need some newer pin which originally shipped with clearcoated playfields that likely held up a lot better than the thousands of BoP's out there. I've been waiting a few years hoping someone would remake this playfield as it is the one game that sticks out like a sore thumb that it's not nearly as near mint as all my other games.

I agree about BOP playfields. You have a very nice collection there sir.

#36 10 years ago

If you get rid of the pre-order lists (which I'm fine with), I'd suggest instead still allowing people to sign up for a mailing list that you would send an email to when a the playfield they indicated interest in came up.

I don't mind 'the running of the bulls' to get a new playfield from you guys, especially because I have never had an issue getting one in the first place. I would HATE to miss a thread though and miss out on a playfield (or backglass) that I really needed because I didn't realize it came out.

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

If you get rid of the pre-order lists (which I'm fine with), I'd suggest instead still allowing people to sign up for a mailing list that you would send an email to when a the playfield they indicated interest in came up.
    I don't mind 'the running of the bulls' to get a new playfield from you guys, especially because I have never had an issue getting one in the first place. I would HATE to miss a thread though and miss out on a playfield (or backglass) that I really needed because I didn't realize it came out.

This is a great idea, a simply database of interested people who are automatically spits email updates when the go button is pushed.

#38 10 years ago

I have a lot of CPR products and have backed you guys up on this forum in the past. That being said, I didn't get a WW playfield, I didn't get a Taxi playfield and now with Stu taking his ball and going home it's getting tougher to do. I appreciate the products you are making, wish I was allowed to buy them when on a waiting list for a year or more.

#39 10 years ago

"Frax is an idiot. If pinside is truly about pinball you can't have him discouraging Stu and other valuable assets to this hobby from participating in this or any other forum. No one will miss Frax, while many of us have missed Stu and his updates. Time to do your job mods. "

Oh, but personal attacks are just fine, I suppose. I have a difference of opinion with Stu. That's why I have him on ignore, after the last time I said anything to him. I keep having to tilt things he's posted, and I'm tired of seeing them. Problem solved. My issue with Stu, specifically, is his attitude with regards to things that are non-CPR. Has absolutely no bearing on my purchase decisions from CPR, or my support of them.

*ediT* I did unsquelch him to read his comments on this thread since they're directed at me as evidenced by this. He says he has an issue with the negativity on Pinside, yet the irony is that I put him on ignore in the first place for his negative posting that grated on my nerves. Go figure. =| Whatever..I'm putting him back on ignore, I advise him to make use of the feature on me as well.

#40 10 years ago

The answer is simple guys: Bookmark the CPR Home Page and Check it Once a Week. It only takes 5 Seconds (ok, maybe 6 seconds if your computer is running slow). All of our "new" products are 'always' highlighted on the Home Page. So even if you miss a thread posting on the forums announcing new products you still won't miss out. I don't think 5 Seconds out of each week to check the CPR Home Page is asking too much.

I'm Taking my ball and going home now.......Since it's of course "my fault" (again) for people like RL not getting his WW & Taxi playfields.....Anybody got a Beer I can have to drown my sorrows in for RL's loss?

Quoted from RustyLizard:

and now with Stu taking his ball and going home it's getting tougher to do.

#41 10 years ago
    Quoted from Stu:

The answer is simple guys: Bookmark the CPR Home Page and Check it Once a Week. It only takes 5 Seconds (ok, maybe 6 seconds if your computer is running slow). All of our "new" products are 'always' highlighted on the Home Page. So even if you miss a thread posting on the forums announcing new products you still won't miss out. I don't think 5 Seconds out of each week to check the CPR Home Page is asking too much.
    I'm Taking my ball and going home now.......Since it's of course "my fault" (again) for people like RL not getting his WW & Taxi playfields.....Anybody got a Beer I can have to drown my sorrows in for RL's loss?

Sure, blame it on me too. I visit the website multiple times a week. I saw the galleries of the playfields. What good did it do?

#42 10 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Oh, but personal attacks are just fine, I suppose. I have a difference of opinion with Stu. That's why I have him on ignore, after the last time I said anything to him. I keep having to tilt things he's posted, and I'm tired of seeing them. Problem solved. My issue with Stu, specifically, is his attitude with regards to things that are non-CPR. Has absolutely no bearing on my purchase decisions from CPR, or my support of them.
    *ediT* I did unsquelch him to read his comments on this thread since they're directed at me as evidenced by this. He says he has an issue with the negativity on Pinside, yet the irony is that I put him on ignore in the first place for his negative posting that grated on my nerves. Go figure. =| Whatever..I'm putting him back on ignore, I advise him to make use of the feature on me as well.

What?

His comments on this thread ONLY came after you launched the first salvo of negativity. Your post simply could have said "thanks Mike for the informative post", but you specifically called Stu out. You only unblocked him to see if he would respond and what his response would be. That is trolling plain and simple.

#43 10 years ago

Stu has been nothing but helpful and pleasant to me in the couple direct run-ins (via email) I have had with him for various things. Lets also not forget that he does the art for a crap-load of the stuff that CPR even makes, and will be making in the future... Frankly, I think he deserves a pass on a little steam venting.

That being said, thank you both for all your *d&d plastics* hard work and informative posts.

Untitled4.pngUntitled4.png

#44 10 years ago

I'll agree with you that I could have left my SPECIFIC comment about him out, and that it added little to the overall discussion. Happy now?

I'm not taking any more of YOUR trolling and baiting, however. Calling for mods to ban someone over something like this? Yeah...you are the troll.

#45 10 years ago

Getting rid of the pre-order list is really disappointing to me.

I've been a customer since the beginning and have bought many PF's (10+) over the years and the pre-order has worked out great for me, never missed one that I pre-ordered yet. I very much liked the fact that the pre-order ensured that I have a PF reserved for me, so I don't have to dive into a feeding frenzy on the release date.

#46 10 years ago
    Quoted from MXV:

Please make Bride of Pinbot playfields

The world does in fact need this playfield badly. I've requested numerous times but have never heard back if it was ever going to be done. I'll likely wait indefinitely ...

#47 10 years ago

PM Sent

Quoted from castlesteve:

The world does in fact need this playfield badly

#48 10 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I'll agree with you that I could have left my SPECIFIC comment about him out, and that it added little to the overall discussion. Happy now?
    I'm not taking any more of YOUR trolling and baiting, however. Calling for mods to ban someone over something like this? Yeah...you are the troll.

If by calling you out means in your world I am a troll, then I am honored thank you.

People around here have been banned for less, you are actually causing important contributors of this hobby to leave/not participate. In accordance of Pinside's own community rules, yea you should go.

#49 10 years ago

Mike,

Thanks for the post. Shedding light on the fact that this is your hobby first and a business second should help people to be ... Well maybe a little more understanding. I to was one of the people waiting for a WW Playfield and did not receive one, as of yet. I appreciated your response to my email asking if it was over and was I out of luck. You took the time to explain the situation and that was good enough for me. My thanks to you,Kevin and Stu for helping the rest of us enjoy this hobby through CPR.

As far as your buildings timetable is concerned , I was a builder for 25 years, Good Luck

#50 10 years ago

I didn't realise that pinside had its own version of "as the world turns"

I said this before, and I'll say it again. the biggest problem with the written word (and anything that uses it) is that it is nearly impossible to indicate the exact tone that the author meant vs. the tone that the reader reads into it.

something that someone posts in jest, with sarcasm, etc... is going to be interpreted differently by everyone that reads it. you simply can't expect that all of the readers (let alone a good percentage of them) are going to "get" what you stated *and* how you meant it. yeah, emoticons can help, but they are not the end-all, be-all solution.

so, what do we take away from all of this. the community is only as strong/weak as we choose to let it be.

authors:
    think about what you're stating and re-read it twice before posting to make sure that you're being as clear as you can.

repliers:
    take a step back or put on your "thick skin" suit before going off half-cocked and knocking out a quick reply that you think is witty (remember, not everyone has the same sense of humor)

personally I'm glad that mike took the time to give us an update, and I'm grateful for what stu has done in the past (and hopes that he will continue to do so). there. that's my 2 cents

There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-updates-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.