Cows & pinball

Started 2 years ago by cowman57 in forum All PinballAll Pinball.

Forum » All Pinball » Topic

Cows & pinball

Topic summary

• Started 2 years ago by cowman57
  • 29 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from vid1900

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs

Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

NimblePin sent me a pic of a DMD showing a couple of cows. What game is that? Isn't there some game with cows on the PF also?

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

Look on your Taxi, it has a cow riding in the sidecar. Many of the Williams games have cows in them as a running joke.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

Never saw that before on the right return lane. Thanks!

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

my Shadow has cows that come out on the dmd , allso my Dirty Harry has a mode called meet the mob and wheen the ball drains with body armer the mob turns to cows ..lol

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

RFM has Cow's ,, Black Rose has a Cow , Several More !! BSD has a Lobster ..

2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    BLACK_ROSE said:

RFM has Cow's ,, Black Rose has a Cow , Several More !! BSD has a Lobster ..

It's not a lobster, it's a cockroach. Ties into the scene in the movie when the character is in a cell due to being condemned for insanity and he says to the Dr., "Care for an hors d'oeuvre"? And picks up a plate with a bunch of dead roaches on it.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    wbradley said:

It's not a lobster, it's a cockroach

If only we had a color DMD or an LCD screen on our pins this wouldn't be a problem..

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

It was from SS cowman...
    Get a high score and put "MOO" as your initials.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

AFM RFM and Shadow oh and blackrose I think also

sixsixtie

Pinball addict
    1,083,150 2
    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

Scared Stiff for sure and White Water on the big foot hot food awards. ".....A cow? MOOOOO."

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

No Fear, put MOO for high score initials and skull will moo at you.
    Russ

2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    wbradley said:

It's not a lobster, it's a cockroach. Ties into the scene in the movie when the character is in a cell due to being condemned for insanity and he says to the Dr., "Care for an hors d'oeuvre"? And picks up a plate with a bunch of dead roaches on it.

Ok ,, I hardly ever get to see it, Usually show's up during a multi-ball mode .. Thanxx for clarifying that 4-me...

2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    RustyLizard said:

No Fear, put MOO for high score initials and skull will moo at you.

Funny, but aren't any other pins that have that secret feature?

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

I500 has a "moooo" sound clip. Not sure if it includes an animation. Also has the "move your car" line.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

I500 has a cow in the background behind the farmer in the "Wrong turn" mode. It also moos loudly if you enter "MOO" for your initials.

DW randomly moos and shows a cow dressed as one of the doctors if you hit the transmat target without having enough transmat power.

AFM has a cow decal on one of the ramps and it also has a very funny cow video mode.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

Hurricane has a random cow that comes up every once in a while after you make a ramp shot.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

I can vouch for the Scared Stiff cows on the DMD. Hit both flipper buttons, hit one flipper button three times, hit the other one 15 times, hit the other one 23 times, hit both flipper buttons once. The DMD will read "When Cows Get...Scared Stiff!" and show two cows freaking out with the MOO sound!

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

Just add a credit to Fire!...Mooooo

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

In Demo Man, during ACMAG, when you hit the thumb buttons together, you get a free Cow ACMAG reward. Shows cows on the DMD.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    acey99 said:

In Demo Man, during ACMAG, when you hit the thumb buttons together, you get a free Cow ACMAG reward. Shows cows on the DMD.

Anybody collect based on cows?

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

I'd bet cowman is going to try!

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

Whoa Nellie! Big Juicy Melons has a cow on the playfield.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    NimblePin said:

I'd bet cowman is going to try! [:kidding:]

I am changing my name to Pincow!

2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    Pin_Crazed said:

Robin! Another customer!

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

my favorite is the cow being transported up by the aliens in AFM. I haven't sen a cow in IJ (williams) but I hear there's a dancing frog.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

BBH has cows...

2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    Pin_Crazed said:

NimblePin said:I'd bet cowman is going to try! [:kidding:]

That would be udderly pinthetic!

donjagra

Pinball master
    3,003,000 4
    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

IJ has a cow on the shoot again screen.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

I have the friendliest cows in the state. I have some videos on you tube, some with cows, but no pinball vids....YET. My you tube name is bigedna187. COWS RULE!

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

my favorite is the cow being transported up by the aliens in AFM. I haven't sen a cow in IJ (williams) but I hear there's a dancing frog.

Revenge?

donjagra

Pinball master
    3,003,000 4
    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

Moo

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

WOZ is going to have a cow or cows, but not a DMD

Jack mentioned cows in the WOZ news group.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    cowman57 said:

I have the friendliest cows in the state. I have some videos on you tube, some with cows, but no pinball vids....YET. My you tube name is bigedna187. COWS RULE!

Attachments Picture_029.jpg (214.6 KB, 0 downloads) 14 hours old

COWabunga, dude.

Does anyone go cow tipping in Wisc? They used to do it at Penn State, but I never joined in. I thought it was kinda cruel.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

I'm probably the only one that doesn't know this, but what's the significance of cows in pinball?

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

Not sure, but I think it has something to do with the story that a cow started the Great Chicago Fire by kicking over a kerosene lamp.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

There is no such thing as cow tipping. Cows rarely sleep, and when they do, they do it laying down. I don't know of any significance of cows in pinball, I just really like cows alot, but they're not very good dancers. They dance like they have two left feet. Think about it......

2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    cowman57 said:

There is no such thing as cow tipping. Cows rarely sleep, and when they do, they do it laying down. I don't know of any significance of cows in pinball, I just really like cows alot, but they're not very good dancers. They dance like they have two left feet. Think about it......

Ok, That was bad. Real bad.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    wesperron said:

Ok, That was bad. Real bad.

Maybe you just need to see a psycowologist

2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    cowman57 said:

There is no such thing as cow tipping.

Well, there is, but whether anything is accomplished is another story!

2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    MrWizzo said:

Well, there is, but whether anything is accomplished is another story!

You CAN leave them a few bucks after being milked, but they never pick it up....No opposing thumbs!

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

Mr Cowman, did you hear any of the loud mystery noises that people from your town have reported?

2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    RustyLizard said:

Mr Cowman, did you hear any of the loud mystery noises that people from your town have reported?

No, didn't hear a thing. Even went into town last night, and visited my Space Shuttle, It's at my friends house in that corner of town where the booming and shaking was going on. Thought about bringing it home last! Hey we're on the internet, under Clintonville booming!

2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    kmoore88 said:

I'm probably the only one that doesn't know this, but what's the significance of cows in pinball?

C&E says:

Having cows appearing in pinball games started as an internal joke for the people at Williams/Bally. The first game to include a cow was The Machine: Bride of Pinbot and the man responsible was programmer Brian Eddy (designer of The Shadow, Attack from Mars and Medieval Madness).

On the question why he replied: "Why breathe? Why Eat? Why live without cows in pinball machines?"

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.

© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple