11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by ebjimmyg
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

I know you can get colored posts and flipper rubbers, but does anybody make colored rubber rings yet other then b/w?

#2 11 years ago

Illinois pinball always has a bunch at the shows. They're not on his website so you have to email him.

#3 11 years ago

I bought a bunch of them when he debuted them at PPE in 2011, can't recommend them for a couple of reasons.

First they seem very spongy, almost like when you stretch them they don't quite come back to the same size. Gene said he had them made at a softer durometer, may have been a mistake.

Second, I found they don't really suit most games, the colored rubber just seems to detract from the look of the game instead of add to it. Of course that's subjective, you may really like the results.

Most of the ones I bought are still in the bag, hopefully I'll find a use for them eventually

#4 11 years ago

Someone, and I cant remember who, mentioned on another thread to get white rubbers and dye them

#5 11 years ago

I remember a tip from Jeri Ellsworth about using RIT fabric dye on white rubbers.

#6 11 years ago

I am currently using blue rubbers I got at PPE this year on my WH2O, and have had 0 issues with them. They look good on blue flipper bats!

#7 11 years ago

i remember seeing them at the allentown show in may, forget who had them

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colored-rubber-rings and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.