Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 113 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by chriskd
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_1193.JPG
    100_1192.JPG
    100_1191.JPG

There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 11 years ago

According to their website AFM LCD goes on sale in 2 days time! Wonder how quickly it will sell? Not sure how much postage is either?

#52 11 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

So, it might only be a few days to the first 100 AFM displays go on sale. Who is tempted to get one?

Not tempted...consider it done!!! I had this in my game at the Louisville Show, and the Ohio show...and it was really hard (not from a difficult to remove standpoint...but from an I didn't wanna give it back stand point!!!) to remove it to send it back so it could go on to Texas for that show. Now my display is just well "freakin'" ORANGE!!! and I can hardly wait to get the color one again for my game!!!

Is it Friday yet???

Phoebe

#53 11 years ago

I'm pretty sure I'll be getting one. I keep telling myself I shouldn't, but I'll lose that argument with myself.

#54 11 years ago

I would like more information. Especially warranty info...nothing on website at all re this aspect?

#55 11 years ago
    Quoted from stangbat:

I'm pretty sure I'll be getting one. I keep telling myself I shouldn't, but I'll lose that argument with myself.

Good cop? Bad cop?

I often get that.

#56 11 years ago

I would like more information. Especially warranty info...nothing on website at all re this aspect?

I spotted that too. It's a turn off.

#57 11 years ago

Phoebe, they didn't let you keep it? what up with that?

I suppose that was your agreement in being able to take it around to shows.. but still, they really should have let ya keep the thing considering you lugged the machines around and put wear and tear on them at the shows all day.

Btw, your AFM and SM are the most beautiful ones of each of those I've seen.

#58 11 years ago

Email from them today said sales start tomorrow, and orders will ship Monday. Nothing in the email said anything about warranty.

#59 11 years ago

I think I'll have to. AFM ins't even restored yet but it has to be done. I think MM is next so I'll have to get that too. Later, gotta go rob a bank now.

#60 11 years ago
    Quoted from Blakesell:

Phoebe, they didn't let you keep it? what up with that?
    I suppose that was your agreement in being able to take it around to shows.. but still, they really should have let ya keep the thing considering you lugged the machines around and put wear and tear on them at the shows all day.
    Btw, your AFM and SM are the most beautiful ones of each of those I've seen.

Yeah that was the way it worked Blake, the one that was in my game was the proto...and at the time they only had 2 the 1 in AFM and the 1 in MM and they just barely got the MM done in time to send to me...and they needed to go back so they could go to the next show. I knew that going in, but it was still real hard to give it back!! At the time they were having problems getting the supplies to get them going into production, but I knew I would get one eventually...simply because after having it in my game, and seeing it in person...I knew there was no way I wouldn't have one when they became available!!!

Thanks for the props on my games!! I appreciate it!!
    Phoebe

#61 11 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

It seems I'm the only one that doesn't care for these. I love the idea but after seeing one in AFM at a show, I thought the colors were way too washed out for my taste.
    Bryan (CARGPB 14)

You are not alone. I wanted one UNTIL I saw it in person at the show. I will grab one if they ever make them to where you can re-color your own animations. I heard that's a possibility, so let's hope!

#62 11 years ago

#63 11 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

RobT said:By the way, isn't this the equivalent of colorizing black and white movies?
    Sure. I want those in color too.

Are you Ted Turner?

The colorization of black & white movies is a sin against humanity.

#64 11 years ago

#65 11 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

+1

#66 11 years ago

Definitely want one for my White Water,if it becomes available-count me in.I liked what I have seen of it and would hope the "water" in WH2O would be pretty cool.

#67 11 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

TomGWI said:RobT said:By the way, isn't this the equivalent of colorizing black and white movies?
    Are you Ted Turner?

LMAO! I was just kidding. I like B & W movies, 3 stooges, etc.

After seeing the AFM display in color at expo I knew I had to have one. MM will also get the treatment when available.

#68 11 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

TomGWI said:RobT said:By the way, isn't this the equivalent of colorizing black and white movies?
    Are you Ted Turner?

Thank you!

#69 11 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

It seems I'm the only one that doesn't care for these.

No, I'm with you on that island.

I LOVED the concept until I found out it was an LCD screen simulating a DMD. I had thought that it was simply a dot matrix display that could do colors. Something to me seems wrong about wholesale replacing the DMD display with something else.

That isn't to say that I don't want others to not change them out. Hell, if you own a pin that takes this, invite me over to play it so I can experience it. It just isn't my cup of tea

#70 11 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

I LOVED the concept until I found out it was an LCD screen simulating a DMD.

What's it matter what the underlying technology is? The result is all that matters.

#71 11 years ago

Sorry for double post, deleted.

#72 11 years ago

I'm on the fence. Was in but no where near as excited about this mod now. It's priced right for 2012 launch but about a year too late to market.

Bill

#73 11 years ago

Out of stock on their site.

#74 11 years ago
    Quoted from Riffbear:

Out of stock on their site.

How is that possible if it's not supposed to go on sale until tomorrow?
    They've probably just set up the interface for ordering and are waiting to flick the switch. I'm sure you'll see stock tomorrow.

#75 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

What's it matter what the underlying technology is? The result is all that matters.

+1
    It's cool, who cares. I probably wouldn't do this for every game I own, but for AFM and MM, I'm in.

#76 11 years ago
    Quoted from Drano:

Riffbear said:Out of stock on their site.
    How is that possible if it's not supposed to go on sale until tomorrow?
    They've probably just set up the interface for ordering and are waiting to flick the switch. I'm sure you'll see stock tomorrow.

Cool.
    I ordered from bay area anyway.

#77 11 years ago

[IMG]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/4426/picture4gw.png[/IMG]

#79 11 years ago

I think they have that on the site right now and it will be removed tomorrow when they officially become for sale...I hope at least

#80 11 years ago

Gee...this ...or PDI Glass.....Oy!

#81 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

To you, perhaps. To me, it's different.

I also own Galaxian and Ms. Pac-Man as their own arcade cabinets with original boardsets. And I have no room. I don't want to put MAME in them. To me, it matters what the underlying technology is. *shrug* That isn't to say you're wrong for liking it, I just don't.

#82 11 years ago

I ordered one from bay area amusements and it didn't show out of stock or anything. Will see what happens.

#84 11 years ago

Looks like they are sold out at Bay?? It is no longer on the website I called to ask questions about if they already had them trying to determine if it would be faster to order directly from color DMD tomorrow and lady was rude and eventually hung up??? WTF

#85 11 years ago

Wow Bay already sold out..
    I think all the AFM owners are jumping on these..

So it's only 100 and thats it?

#86 11 years ago
    Quoted from RDReynolds:

As soon as they have an MB one, I will be first on board.

damn i hope they make one for mB!!!`

#87 11 years ago

They're heeeeere!
    Stock is up and running on the site as of midnight.

#89 11 years ago
    Quoted from Drano:

They're heeeeere!
    Stock is up and running on the site as of midnight.

Buy... ALL OF THEM!!!

#90 11 years ago

Purchased

#91 11 years ago

Just placed my order

#92 11 years ago

Just ordered one also

#93 11 years ago

Out of Stock at Bay

#94 11 years ago

Out of Stock at Bay

Can't you order one through the colordmd site?

#95 11 years ago

Bam. In living color - ordered.

#96 11 years ago

Now "out of stock" on the color dmd store.

#97 11 years ago

Such a shame its an LCD. I was all for it and i do commend the guys efforts, but LCD???? C'mon now....I'm the customer, and i want a REAL COLOUR DOT MATRIX DISPLAY!

I wonder now if someone out there will rip the code that the new colour dmd uses and simply uses it on a cheap lcd to get the same effect?

#98 11 years ago

Out of stock by 8am the day they are going up for sale......wowsers

#99 11 years ago

I ordered from PP yesterday...cant wait to get it

#100 11 years ago

Got one on order. Can't wait.

There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/color-dmd-who-is-ordering/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.