Closest LED to an Incadescent

Started 2 years ago by mandelbloom in forum TechTech: Generic.

Forum » Tech » Tech: Generic » Topic

Closest LED to an Incadescent

Topic summary

• Started 2 years ago by mandelbloom
  • 9 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from SunKing

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs

Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!

2 years ago
    #

Whats the closest thing to an regular lamp from coin taker. I am thinking the frosted warm white vs coolwhite? They also have the retro but I think that will be to bright.

2 years ago
    #

Retros look like incandescent bulbs

2 years ago
    #

for GI or inserts?

some people like the retro's for GI lighting, as it probably does look closest to incandescents, but personally I prefer the frosted domes in warm white. I haven't tried it yet, but Pinball Center just came out with an "old white" domed LED. That one holds some promise I think.

For inserts, I'd say the 90 degree from cointaker are closest.

-Hans

2 years ago
    #

For GI..and its a LOTR which really looks best with regular bulbs so I am trying to get something close to that as I like the less heat and not having to worry about the burning out Inserts area already done with some Pinball Lifes and look nice.

2 years ago
    #

are the retros directional like other LEDs?

2 years ago
    #

I have been very happy with the warm white frosted.

2 years ago
    #

I would go retro from Cointaker...they are pretty close to incandescent bulbs.

Phoebe

2 years ago
    #

44/47 are not directional 555 are not either because the have the new dual contacts

2 years ago
    #

I use mini warm white from cointaker for inserts and backbox. For GI I still prefer incandescent.

2 years ago
    #
    jayhawkai said:

are the retros directional like other LEDs?

Retros are supers with a clear dome, I believe. Pretty decent lateral dispersion, though I suspect marority of light output is on-axis.

2 years ago
    #

If you want something that is close to standard bulb, make sure you go with WARM WHITE. Anything else is too blue, IMHO. Cointaker has warm white frosted for $0.69 each. The 'warm white retro' LED's also look good, but are a bit brighter and cost twice as much ($1.29 each).

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.

© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple