Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 130 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by redman822
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #2 10 years ago

looks cool. i'm tempted to donate, but i'm not sure when i'll get back home to michigan... could be another year or two.

#3 10 years ago
    Quoted from Kneissl:

i'm tempted to donate, but i'm not sure when i'll get back home to michigan... could be another year or two.

If you want it to be there when you do go back home, consider helping.

LTG : )

#4 10 years ago

Hmm, even though I may not get to visit as I hate traveling, Im gonna throw some $ in, the Ninja rocks!

#5 10 years ago

I live in Australia but I have just become a backer of this project. I will probably never see it myself but I just want to see it thrive.

Get on board. What a great cause.

#6 10 years ago

It's interesting that PAPA has the same issue as these folks with opening only a few times a year per agreement with the city. Is the issue that they are in highly residential neighborhoods and there would be too much noise/traffic if open to the public? Seems a shame to keep these places so private unless there's a really good reason.

#7 10 years ago

good luck hope it works out! I will plan a trip up there for sure!!!!!!! I will do my best to back you guys.

#8 10 years ago

Count me in. This is in my backyard and I will support it in any way I can. Kickstart or not, this is worthy of a donation. I found a site updating the progress: http://vfwpinball.com/

#9 10 years ago

I think in PAPAs case it has to do with it not being a business for profit but for charity, in certain areas they make you pay a tax on every coin-op machine, if thats the case in PA then PAPA would get killed on these fees and it wouldnt make sense to be open to the public.

Im sure a PAPA person can chime in and give us the scoop.

#10 10 years ago

I am looking forward to everything ahead of us with this new area.
    Although calling it Ann Arbor is personally offensive to me

#11 10 years ago

i am curious is there a entry fee with freeplay pins or free entry with coin op?

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

Is the issue that they are in highly residential neighborhoods and there would be too much noise/traffic if open to the public?

Many towns have anti-arcade laws in place from the 1980s.

Other than a strip bar, nothing scares conservatives like an arcade.

#13 10 years ago

Looks great! Count me in!

#14 10 years ago

Wow it's kicking up for sure

#15 10 years ago

Payment sent. Looking forward to visiting with my family this fall! What a great hobby!

#16 10 years ago

Backed

#17 10 years ago

Can't wait till i've been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

#18 10 years ago

Backed. And bump to the top.

Godspeed Clay!

#19 10 years ago

Bump. I just spent around 5 hours working onsite, helping with some demolition and moving chores. If there is anything any of you who haven't helped with the Kickstarter can do to push us over the top (and further), it would be most appreciated. This place is going to be awesome when finished. A big thanks to all who've backed this project!

#20 10 years ago

Just received this update.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/52228098/ann-arbor-pinball-museum-wants-to-open/posts/559010?ref=email&show_token=a9f6b057451fe4a2

Congratulations on the progress and the kickstarter seems on track. Get on board if you haven't already.... there is more to do if the target is exceeded so don't be shy!

#21 10 years ago

Backed

#22 10 years ago

Can't wait to see it..

#23 10 years ago

Come on girls & guys let's see $5000 by Sunday night! I am too far away to think I'll ever get a chance to run by and visit but I still love to support anyone trying to preserve machines for other to continue to enjoy.

It is easy for anyone to spend of few bucks and have a few machines in their house or basement but the guys that really deserve lots of credit are the guys putting working machines out for the public to see and enjoy.

Thanks Clay and everyone else with groups of machines in locations open to the public!!!

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from Choggard:

Can't wait to see it..

You really need to back it then! You're local, and there really isn't a reason to not get involved...

#25 10 years ago

Backed this venture with a contribution and a little sweat I'm happy to say.

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

You really need to back it then! You're local, and there really isn't a reason to not get involved...

Backed..

#27 10 years ago

Thank you! greatly appreciated.

#28 10 years ago

Woohoo! Peer pressure! Lets keep the $$$$ rolling in! They need it!

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from Zampinator:

Woohoo! Peer pressure! Lets keep the $$$$ rolling in! They need it!

Yeah I know, I just saw Clay last week.. He's just giving a hard time..lol

#30 10 years ago

This is one effort that is the real deal have seen Clay and crew move above and beyond to this next level, and have seen this firsthand and have followed his efforts only to see this become reality as the crew moves forward. They truly have done the homework. Pin on my friends!

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from dementedwarlok:

i am curious is there a entry fee with freeplay pins or free entry with coin op?

All of the games are on Free Play with no entry fee. However, donations are highly encouraged.

Take the time to read the FAQ at the bottom of the article.

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from lukex:

Just received this update.
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/52228098/ann-arbor-pinball-museum-wants-to-open/posts/559010?ref=email&show_token=a9f6b057451fe4a2
    Congratulations on the progress and the kickstarter seems on track. Get on board if you haven't already.... there is more to do if the target is exceeded so don't be shy!

Oops, noticed the link I provided was for backers only.... sorry for posting it here!

My error fortunately gives me an excuse to give this a BUMP...

#33 10 years ago

I have no doubts this kickstarter will reach the $5k goal soon. Even if nobody donated, I'm certain this would still happen without it. I'm actually amazed Clay is only asking for $5k, I suppose it's because him and his friends are doing all the work.

#34 10 years ago

He is only asking for 5k but they will put every nickel to good use. lets not stop at 5k keep it going. I wish i was closer i would grab my hammer and nail bag and do what i could.

#35 10 years ago

Looks like goal accomplished!!! I still think it's going to be accepting donations that will be put to good use. Can't wait to see the location finished.

#36 10 years ago

I am thrilled for Clay, and it is gratifying to see the community giving some back for all that he has done for people like me, who would probably still be hopeless newbs were it not for all his tireless contributions to the hobby. Hopefully this has helped to purge any remaining disgruntlement as to how the hobby has treated him in the past.

#37 10 years ago

Clay's guides gave me the confidence to get into owning my own pinball back in the late 90s...so of course I am going to help him out. Don't know if I'll ever get to visit, but just knowing that it is there makes me happy.

Good luck Clay!

#38 10 years ago

Hey all,

WOW!!! Thank you all SO much for backing this project! We've hit the $5K mark on Kickstarter, but we're far from being finished. Any additional monies we raise will go towards much needed improvements such as drywall, some new flooring, and even upgrading the windows if we can swing it.

If you haven't already, please consider donating, and come out and visit us!

For those that have already donated and are getting a T-shirt, check out the new logo on the bottom of the www.vfwpinball.com website. You'll get an idea of what we have in mind....

Thanks,
    Eric V.

#39 10 years ago

VFW = Vintage Flipper World, love it. Clever connection to the facility's past.

#40 10 years ago

Eric & Clay gettin er' done!!!! AWESOME WORK GUYS!!!!

I had the pleasure of hanging with these cool cats at their warehouse shown in the video. Their dedication, passion and enthusiasm for this hobby is unmatched. Looks like it's already funded but every little bit helps to make even bigger and better upgrades. Congrats fellas!!!!

#41 10 years ago

When did you visit fattrain? I always try to be there whenever we have out of town guests.

#42 10 years ago

Logo looks great!

#43 10 years ago

Come on guys the $$$ has not moved all day today. Clay started with a very low goal hoping to raise as much money as possible for building repairs but just because he has reached that very low goal doesn't mean that is all the money he needs. Please help a good cause!

If everyone that Clay's Guides has helped over the years just kicked in a dollar he would have a ton of money. Say thanks by helping Clay make his venture be all it can be.

We all know fixing up a house or any other building ALWAYS cost more than expected. Why not try to get Clay as much money as possible?

#44 10 years ago

Just kicked in $20. It is not much, but it is what I feel I can spare right now.

#45 10 years ago

article today in the paper about the Ann Arbor pinball museum.
    http://www.livingstondaily.com/article/20130809/NEWS01/308090009/Green-Oak-become-pinball-heaven

#46 10 years ago

Thanks for posting the link. Nice to read some good news for a change.

Best of luck with this and all of your projects.

#47 10 years ago

James, Al and I were lucky enough to visit Flipper City just a couple months before it closed. Can't wait to visit the new digs in the near future.

#48 10 years ago

Bumping with a donation...

Chris

#49 10 years ago

Hey all,

well, we're at the halfway point of the Kickstarter window, and have reached the $6K mark. A giant thank you to everyone who has donated so far!

Please remember that anything over and above the target will go towards other improvements, most notably flooring expense we didn't anticipate. Please consider helping out via Kickstarter, or for you local folks, by stopping by and lending a hand.

Thanks again,
    Eric V.

#50 10 years ago

For everything that Clay has done for our hobby:

This Old Pinball
    PinRepair.com
    PinballNinja.com

and more than a few things that I think I may have missed.

I am happy to donate to this cause.

Thank you to everyone involved in this project.

KMR

There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/clay-and-ann-arbor-pinball-museum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.