Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by hlaj78
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

Okay someone please tell me if this is real, because the video is pretty convincing. Is there really 15+ steps in join the cirqus? I thought there was only 4 steps (5 in the home rom). Someone please explain this because if there is 15+ steps to that wizard mode then I NEED this machine regardless of price. Here's the video that demonstrates step 15:

#2 12 years ago

There's only 4 steps on mine, however look at his enormous 700+ million score. In order to do that, he may have joined the circus multiple times, and if that happened, maybe the steps keep adding on top of previous steps from previous join the circus attempts?

That's just a guess. My high score in over a year of ownership is only around 250 million, and I've only completed the wizard mode twice one time in a lot of games, and my machine only records that being done one time in it's entire history, according to the audits.

#3 12 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

There's only 4 steps on mine, however look at his enormous 700+ million score. In order to do that, he may have joined the circus multiple times, and if that happened, maybe the steps keep adding on top of previous steps from previous join the circus attempts?
That's just a guess. My high score in over a year of ownership is only around 250 million, and I've only completed the wizard mode twice one time in a lot of games, and my machine only records that being done one time in it's entire history, according to the audits.

I imagine that's possible, except, the 15th mode shown here is completely different from any of the other modes in the regular 5 mode wizard mode. This would lead me to believe that if the modes continued to increase as you reach the wizard mode multiple times, that each "Join the cirqus" wizard mode you achieve, has different modes.

For example:

Maybe the first time you get "Join the cirqus" you have step 1 (spell cirqus), step 2 (unmask voltaire), step 3 (meet the cirqus), step 4 (party multi ball), step 5 (acrobats spin).

Then it's back to normal play.

Then the second time you achieve join the cirqus you have 4 brand new steps that are totally different and once again party multi ball.

Then again back to normal play.

Finally the third time you achieve "Join the cirqus" you get 4 more brand new steps and finally another party multi ball.

Who knows really? This game could be shockingly deep and we never even knew it. I wish we could ask the guy playing the game in the video because clearly he would know, having played all the way to step 15. Unfortunately from what i have noticed he doesn't respond to youtube comments.

Anyone else here able to explain how there can possibly be 15+ modes?

#4 12 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I've only completed the wizard mode twice one time in a lot of games, and my machine only records that being done one time in it's entire history, according to the audits.

Just noticed this, when you earned the wizard mode a second time, were the modes different?

#5 12 years ago

From what I recall, on my machine with the home ROM, The first wizard mode is: Spell Circus, Unmask Voltaire, Meet the Circus, and Party Multiball. I think the second wizard mode is: Spell Circus, Spin the spinners 100 times (acrobats), then a hurry-up session that forces you to hit enough hurry-ups to score a few million points, then Party Multiball.

I've never heard of any more steps than the above, and I may have gotten some of them mixed up. When I hit the wizard mode, it takes all my concentration to try to complete it and it all blurs together quite a bit.

I do have my wizard modes set to random, so I never know if I'll get the first or second wizard mode when I join the circus. It's more fun for me that way.

#6 12 years ago

okay so it's four steps each time, that makes sense. Many people said the home rom added an extra step (acrobats spin) and i thought they meant it was tagged along at the end of the wizard mode. But now this is making sense. So basically, the steps will always continue to stack up past 15. But each wizard mode contains four modes.

I can conclude that from what Rum-Z said, and what is shown in the video, that it goes a bit like this.

1st Wizard Mode:

-Step 1 (Spell Cirqus)
-Step 2 (Unmask Voltaire)
-Step 3 (Meet the Cirqus)
-Step 4 (Party Multiball)

2nd Wizard Mode:

-Step 5 (Spell Circus)
-Step 6 (Acrobats Spin)
-Step 7 (Hurry-ups for 3mil)
-Step 8 (Party Multiball)

3rd Wizard Mode:

-Step 9 (Unknown)
-Step 10 (Unknown)
-Step 11 (Unknown)
-Step 12 (Unknown, but probably Party Multiball)

4th Wizard Mode: (The one shown in the video)

-Step 13 (Unknown)
-Step 14 (Acrobats Spin)
-Step 15 (Hurry-ups for 3mil)
-Step 16 (Party Multiball)

As for any more consecutive wizard modes, who knows what happens?!?!

But yeah that seems about right.

#7 12 years ago

Good job Ryan, it's cool that you wrote it all out. I have no idea how you'd get to the third wizard mode. It's really really hard to get to the second. Then again, maybe it's just me, LOL.

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Good job Ryan, it's cool that you wrote it all out. I have no idea how you'd get to the third wizard mode. It's really really hard to get to the second. Then again, maybe it's just me, LOL.

Practice, practice and more practice! And what better way to spend countless hours practicing something than practicing pinball!

#9 12 years ago

Sounds like a plan.

#10 12 years ago

Regardless of steps CV is a game to own for sure. Probably in my top 5.

#11 12 years ago

And people knock the game for being easy. Glad I got mine when I did.

#13 12 years ago

good game , I never got to the 2nd round of wizards mode either, fan of john popadiuk machines, thought I did great with my 110 million score

#14 12 years ago

Great post, thanks for sharing that info.

1 year later
#15 11 years ago

Wow i c'ant wait to get a Voltaire!

#16 11 years ago

the wizard modes are random from a selection of 16. You should get 4 modes randomized per each time you join the circus and none of them should be duplicated in the first 4 times you join the circus in one game. So the real way to really beat the game is to join the thing 4 times in one game hitting all 16 challenges.

#17 11 years ago

Yes, some of the B/w games are deceptively deep. The same can be said for MB when you actually complete all six modes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, WI
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, WI
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cirqus-voltaire-step-15-wtf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.