• 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by paul_8788
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

droids.jpg

There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 11 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Anyway I feel bad for even bringing it up actually, but at least you have a JP, so stop reading this post & go save Timmy!!!!!

Well, my machine is still sitting in California, but I'll save him soon enough. I looked at the link and saw they all basically went within a day. Some of us work 2 jobs and can't watch forums all day long to grab those great deals. lol I'm glad they have an owner, and I hope they enjoy them. Me, I'll be content with what I got, just means I've gotta work a little harder at sales job # 2 to make up for it.

#102 11 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

I just wanted to give you all a real-life scenario of this topic...

BT,

First off, wow, what a story. I was wow'd with your patience, and you are a shining example of what I'm talking about. You were patient, you did your homework, you put your time in, you looked hard, and when it all came down to it - you pulled the trigger on what you could get. Buying JP for $2400 for what you described, if it is truly in that condition (I say that as it hasn't gotten to your home yet, but we'll have good faith in the seller and assume it will be), hey, roll with it and bring JP home.

The shipping is what makes me go from "awesome!" to "damn, that sucks" - BUT - you did all you could short of driving to get the pin yourself. I'm in the same boat with my XF pin that is headed my way; sometimes you just gotta eat the shipping for what you want. Personally, I never add in all the "extra fees" into my "paid for price" on my pins. For example, I popped $1900 for my JP, which was VERY well restored by our local pinsider, dung. I don't add the gas and rental vehicle fees, which would put the total to around $2100. I've added all the Papo dinos and completely and totally LED'd the entire pin, both prolly adds another $150 or so - so we'll say I'm at $2250. With that being said, for what you paid, and if you are happy with it - more power to you. You took the time to do your homework, research, searches, and looked hard - based on what you've described. At that point, you grabbed what you could get, and you're content with it. I really and honestly hope it all works out well for you !

As for your local Pinball shop wanting $3500 to START looking, I would have to laugh my way all the way to my car if they told me that. Businesses like that aren't out to help you. I remember when a guy here in Dayton tried to sell me a HS2 for $3000; I couldn't leave that place fast enough. Good for you sticking to your guns and finding a machine in very good sounding shape for $1000 less. Well done!

Life is Good .

#103 11 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

It frankly blows my mind that AFM has become an $8k pin, in average condition. I think we're in tulip mania territory on this one.

You too can own one for the price of most used automobiles circa 2001 - 2009 . Personally, I see a 1994 Vette in town for $9150 I'd rather have.

#104 11 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

You too can own one for the price of most used automobiles circa 2001 - 2009 . Personally, I see a 1994 Vette in town for $9150 I'd rather have.

And you can probably talk them down in price at least a bit!

#105 11 years ago
Quoted from vulture:

And you can probably talk them down in price at least a bit!

Man, look at you going for an even better deal!! That's what I'm talking about .

I'd go for $7500 cash personally IF the car was in solid working order. I like it and all, but there's a certain lil 1965 Shelby Cobra I'm going to build soon. That or a rat-rod starting with either a 1930 Ford Coupe or a 1923 T-bucket. We'll see as time goes on...

#106 11 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

As for your local Pinball Shop wanting $3500 to START looking, I would have to laugh my way all the way to my car if they told me that. Businesses like that aren't out to help you.

When I was looking for my TNG, the only operator locally said he had one for $10000.00. I have seen their other machines, which are all heavily routed and poorly cleaned. I couldn't help it, I laughed right in his face and asked him what the heck they did with the machine, gold plate it? He told me, and I quote: "I guess that is just what they go for". About as bad was the Black Hole they had in the showroom for the "I guess that is just what they go for" price of $4400.00...

Might've worked in the days before google, eBay, etc. but doing your homework is always a great idea.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wappingers Falls, NY
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
€ 7.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals
Flipper parts
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals
Decals
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec
Toys/Add-ons
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cheap-pins-on-ebay-ie-4k-lotr-huo/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.