• Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CFTBL_LED_INT.jpg
CFTBL_SPM.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Just received this kit. Seller is private, and to my knowledge it's not currently available from the pinball retailers.

In short - WOW, excellent construction, installation instructions and operation. With interaction to the game modes in the future I'm really loving this mod.

Enjoy,

Brian

Video here:

CFTBL_SPM.jpgCFTBL_SPM.jpg

#2 10 years ago

How does it interface with the game?

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

How does it interface with the game?

No game interaction yet. It has it's own light show embedded. The interface was already created for interaction. I can't say more as I don't know any more details from the creator.

#4 10 years ago

I like it!

#5 10 years ago

Here's a shot of the internals. A real quality product.

Note that the front art panel (separate purchase) comes from CPR, http://www.classicplayfields.com/photo75.html

CFTBL_LED_INT.jpgCFTBL_LED_INT.jpg

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Just received this kit. Seller is private, and to my knowledge it's not currently available from the pinball retailers.
In short - WOW, excellent construction, installation instructions and operation. With interaction to the game modes in the future I'm really loving this mod.
Enjoy,
Brian
Video here:
» YouTube video

Yes, it is an awesome mod for CFTBL and the installation was as easy as advertised and it is 100 percent reversible if you ever want to restore your game back to original (although I cannot imagine ever removing this mod).

BTW Brian, that is an awesome video with nice crisp clear close-ups. What type of camera did you use? My videos never look that nice.

Gord

#7 10 years ago

So glad this was done. It just seems like it should have always been this way. Can't wait to see the integration portion when he gets to that.

#8 10 years ago

Is this the version pinbits has been making for the last 3 years? I bought the speaker panel for this mod a long time ago and have just been waiting for the kit to be available.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from planters49:

Is this the version pinbits has been making for the last 3 years? I bought the speaker panel for this mod a long time ago and have just been waiting for the kit to be available.

You and me both.. If this is gonna be available let us know.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Yes, it is an awesome mod for CFTBL and the installation was as easy as advertised and it is 100 percent reversible if you ever want to restore your game back to original (although I cannot imagine ever removing this mod).
BTW Brian, that is an awesome video with nice crisp clear close-ups. What type of camera did you use? My videos never look that nice.
Gord

iPhone 5. It does a great job. If I had a steadycam mount you'd think it was a pro video. I saw a movie pilot for a film being shot entirely on the iPhone. Pretty cool stuff.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from planters49:

I don't think so. In fact I'm pretty sure it's not the same. The mention of it on CPR refers to a "Pam & Martin at PinBits" ... however I've been exchanging emails with a "Jeff". Super nice guy ... has been sending updates regularly.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from planters49:

This is not the Pinbits version (Martin and Pam Reynolds), although I believe that CPR initially developed the speaker panel with the light mask for Martin's version which is still in development/testing last I heard.

This version is created by Jeff Thompson and it also uses the CPR speaker panel.

Gord

#13 10 years ago

I got mine two days ago. I haven't plugged it in yet, but the quality is top notch. Jeff even rescreened the speaker panels and cut them to fit the panel.

#14 10 years ago

Got mine yesterday and was really impressed with the quality of work. Have not installed it yet, but this MOD looks incredible. can't wait to get it on, thanks for sharing the video pinster.

speaker panel with the new LCD mod coming out is going to make this game even better then it already is.

I dont think the pinbits version of this mod is ready until late summer. I am sure it will be just as good. Really looking forward to seeing how the lights get integrated into the game.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

You and me both.. If this is gonna be available let us know.

I doubt that we will ever see the Pinbits version. Not only has there been zero updates for at least a year, but they have permanently lost most/all the sales that Jeff has made. I don't see very many people buying both.

#16 10 years ago

Hey Guys... It's Jeff Miller aka "Pinball Pimp". I'm the artist for CPR who re-designed the CFTBL speaker grill art for this project. It took me over 70 hours to re-produce the art... only to be delayed by PinBit's not getting the LED mod done yet. I just looked at my art file and I finished it on July 1st, 2010. Then it got sent to CPR to get printed. I've been waiting for over 3 years now!

The artist always gets copies of his work so CPR sent me ALL 3 versions of the panel.

I am about to go ad some pop bumper light mods, etc. to mine in my personal collection and would love to get ahold of this LED mod for mine. Can anyone point me in the right direction/person I need to get in touch with to get one?

Thanks, Jeff

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballPimp:

Hey Guys... It's Jeff Miller aka "Pinball Pimp". I'm the artist for CPR who re-designed the CFTBL speaker grill art for this project. It took me over 70 hours to re-produce the art... only to be delayed by PinBit's not getting the LED mod done yet. I just looked at my art file and I finished it on July 1st, 2010. Then it got sent to CPR to get printed. I've been waiting for over 3 years now!
The artist always gets copies of his work so CPR sent me ALL 3 versions of the panel.
I am about to go ad some pop bumper light mods, etc. to mine in my personal collection and would love to get ahold of this LED mod for mine. Can anyone point me in the right direction/person I need to get in touch with to get one?
Thanks, Jeff

Jeff, I'll send you Mr. Thompson's info. Thanks for the great work. I used your design as well for Jeff Thompson's mod. Threw some pics up on the initial thread but same as what you see here.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interest-advice-on-cftbl-speaker-panel-led-mod-re-run/page/2

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballPimp:

Thanks, Jeff

You won't be disappointed Jeff--Jeff Thompson's product, communication, and service are all outstanding.

Great artwork!

#19 10 years ago

I have this panel on its way, excited I am
Now I just have to remember where I stored the CPR artwork :p

#20 10 years ago

Best quality mod I ever bought

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballPimp:

Thanks, Jeff

Very cool Jeff. I'm really happy with the new version of the speaker panel art. I think I purchased it on release day. It's been sitting in original packaging since last night. I never even looked at all this time.

I'm not sure what excites me more, the new holo coming out, or this new addition w/ the LED lightshow. Actually I'll give my vote to the speaker panel. Looks friggin' fantastic.

Brian

#22 10 years ago

If anyone can pass on the info as to where this can be purchased , please PM me.thanks

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

If anyone can pass on the info as to where this can be purchased , please PM me.thanks

Because my exchange has been to a private e-mail address I figured I'll let the creator chime in. If someone cares to share I won't stop you ... just thought out of courtesy to the seller to check if it's okay first.

Brian

#24 10 years ago

Anybody know how this is powered? Where does it plug into the game? I'm curious to see if it will conflict with the LCD's design.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

Anybody know how this is powered? Where does it plug into the game? I'm curious to see if it will conflict with the LCD's design.

Hi Mike,

The speaker panel LED powers off of any one of the following three +5V/+12V power connectors in the power driver board.

J116
J117
J118

Since these three connectors are already used by the game electronics the speaker panel LED features a pass-through connection.

Gord

#26 10 years ago

Found the original post on RGP, including contact info. I'll be posting there, so it'll bump to current threads. I'll defer you there for more info. I used RGP Archive, so here a link accordingly:

http://rgparchive-removed.com/rgpforum/showthread.php?t=377463&highlight=CFTBL+speaker+panel+mod

Brian

#27 10 years ago

One of if not the best mod made thus far for pinball.

#28 10 years ago

Got mine TODAY from Jeff. WOW... WOW... WOW!

CANNOT wait to install with my Aqua Pop bumper pin-bits flasher mods!

Thanks Jeff!

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballPimp:

Got mine TODAY from Jeff. WOW... WOW... WOW!
CANNOT wait to install with my Aqua Pop bumper pin-bits flasher mods!
Thanks Jeff!

Lets see those Pics when you are done Jeff.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Hi Mike,
The speaker panel LED powers off of any one of the following three +5V/+12V power connectors in the power driver board.
J116
J117
J118
Since these three connectors are already used by the game electronics the speaker panel LED features a pass-through connection.
Gord

Thanks for the info. Based on that, this shouldn't conflict with my LCD MOD. If you can use the 5V circuit that would probably be best.

2 weeks later
#31 10 years ago

Got my speaker panel led mod this week, and install it today.
My CFBL looks amazing now. Very happy to have this mod, it's very beautifull, and very professional work.
Thanks Jeff, very nice work.

#32 10 years ago

Very cool!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
€ 24.00
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 27.95
$ 9.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-speaker-panel-mod-wow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.