2012-06-16_18-00-17_682.jpg
2012-06-16_18-00-10_127.jpg
E8ORKUWA8E4CKxJKiOT9xQ1347838.jpg
atZ8Ktoqh3I_-nrgcFS4gw1340164.jpg
Screen_shot_2011-12-20_at_1.52.56_PM.png
DSC07201_sized.jpg
IMG_4820.JPG
IMG_4818.JPG
There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago

Correct, I did mine so the bolt that points away from the bumper is lit.

In the video tha DG did, he had the bolt next to the bumper light. If you watch close you can see it. Also, you can see the lead from the bumper going to the nearest trace on the underside photo.

#52 11 years ago

so, for everyone that's done a mod, what's the advantage/disadvantage of tieing into the light circuit board instead of the resistor coil method?

the lightning bolts light up in conjunction with the coils firing, correct?

my thought was that by using the lugs on the coil (where you could potentially clip them on without soldering), you could be easily reverse/remove the pop bumper lights if you wanted to without too much effort

#53 11 years ago
Quoted from donjagra:

Correct, I did mine so the bolt that points away from the bumper is lit.
In the video tha DG did, he had the bolt next to the bumper light. If you watch close you can see it. Also, you can see the lead from the bumper going to the nearest trace on the underside photo.

I have to admit I just wired them to the closest light, didn't think about which bolt Might try changing it if I left enough wire!! Either way, it's certainly a big improvement

1 month later
#54 11 years ago
Quoted from donjagra:

I thought it was too dark and that the red didn't look right with the green ramps, so I decided to match the post colors and go orange.

I bought a CFTBL with yellow caps (GI). I think that orange will be better... but who tried green caps? anyone a picture (with the lights on)

3 years later
#55 8 years ago

Looking to connect lights in the pop bumpers to the lightning bolts similar to above as done by dgpinball (see posts #34, 37, and 41 above). I'm thinking of replacing the twist-in light sockets on the lightning bolt board with twist-in sockets that have lugs coming off of the back of them (same one used in the Fish Tales Monster Fish led mod). Could the wires coming from the lights in the pop bumpers simply be connected to the respective lugs on these sockets? This would eliminate the need to solder directly to the board and to the molex connector on the board.

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Looking to connect lights in the pop bumpers to the lightning bolts similar to above as done by dgpinball (see posts #34, 37, and 41 above). I'm thinking of replacing the twist-in light sockets on the lightning bolt board with twist-in sockets that have lugs coming off of the back of them (same one used in the Fish Tales Monster Fish led mod). Could the wires coming from the lights in the pop bumpers simply be connected to the respective lugs on these sockets? This would eliminate the need to solder directly to the board and to the molex connector on the board.

I don't see why not. I was actually thinking of that same way.

#57 8 years ago

Hey Terry - That's what I thought. My machine currently has flashers in the bumpers that are connected directly to the solenoids for each bumper. I'm looking to have something that is lit more often. I'm thinking the EVO pop bumper lights that pinball life sells would be cool as these would have the ring lights tied to the lightning bolts and they can also be set to flash when the pop bumpers are activatedl. My only concern is that these evo lights add about 5MM to the height of the bumper cap which may be a space problem under one of the ramps.

#58 8 years ago
Quoted from donjagra:

They sell the parts at most shops, here are some links to where I got mine. About $20.
http://mad-amusements.com/product.php?id_product=1864
http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=BM-24-8776-1&Category_Code=LBS&Product_Count=1
Looks like the link is too long for the quick link. Guess you will have to cut and paste.

Please don't support Mad Amusements, it has been documented they have ripped off many members.

#59 8 years ago

I don't need any parts. If I go the EVO pop bumper led route, I get them from pinball life.

#60 8 years ago

Has no one seen the mod that ties the lighted pops in with the pop bumper solenoids so when the pop bumper pops it will light up.

http://www.kansaspinball.com/popbumpermods.htm

#61 8 years ago

Umm... I already have that mod on my machine as I mentioned above. I'm looking to change it. Thanks though.

#62 8 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Umm... I already have that mod on my machine as I mentioned above. I'm looking to change it. Thanks though.

You did say that, my bad. I read every post on this thread and I swear I didn't see it. I do like the idea of tying the pop lights into the lighting inserts though. Tell me, are the lightning inserts supposed to be lit all the time or just lit when the pop nearest to it goes off?

#63 8 years ago

Hey zr - no worries. Please... I don't see things or remember things that I've written let alone read! Unfortunately I don't know the answer to your question but I'm thinking you are correct in that they would light when the respective pop bumper is activated. I recently acquired the machine and havent even played it yet as I've been cleaning it up... and I've never noticed when I've played it in the wild. I do know that the lightning bolts light in a rotational pattern in attract mode and they may even all blink at the same time at other times in attract mode. I know that they aren't lit all the time though.

#64 8 years ago

Hi Glen,I believe the lightning bolts flash with the pops.

#65 8 years ago

Hi Terry - That makes sense. I'd really like to put pinball life's EVO led bumper lights in but I'm afraid that one of the bumper caps wont fit under the ramp with the light kit installed. And now they come in a 2 -color version... one where the outer ring leds are purple and the center leds are green. Would seem to be perfect for CFTBL.

#66 8 years ago

I really think the EVO led pop bumper lights are going to be a problem in terms of fitting. The top two pop bumper caps are already right up against the ramps. I think I'm going to go with the pop bumper rings that Comet sells. Just not sure if I'll go with Cyan to match my existing teal bumper caps or change to purple caps. The bumper skirts are teal but I think purple caps would still look good.

#67 8 years ago

I'm working on this as well. Ordered three teal green caps and lamp sockets to insert. Will connect these to the bolts. Just need to see if I go for LED or old fashioned lamps.

#68 8 years ago

When I got my creech a few weeks back the pops were tied into the lightning bolts.
I personally thought they flashed to much and tied them into the GI

#69 8 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

When I got my creech a few weeks back the pops were tied into the lightning bolts.
I personally thought they flashed to much and tied them into the GI

I tied mine into the GI,there is only so much flashing I can take.

#70 8 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

3 little old ladies were walking along The Strand in Santa Monica when a pervert jumped out and flashed them.

The 1st little old lady had a stroke.

The 2nd little old lady had a stroke.

The 3rd little old lady...well her arms just weren't long enough.

#71 8 years ago

dsuper - Are the old ladies pop bumpers? Wait... I'm reading too much into this.

#72 8 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Interesting... maybe I'll go the GI route if the flashing is too much. I still think I will use Comet's led rings though. Have to decide as I'm only removing those ramps once.

#73 8 years ago

Has anyone tried purple caps? Would like to see how it looks lit up.

#74 8 years ago

Mine are teal and they look nice and add much needed light to the area.

get-attachment-4.aspx_(resized).jpegget-attachment-4.aspx_(resized).jpeg

get-attachment-4.aspx_(resized).jpegget-attachment-4.aspx_(resized).jpeg

#75 8 years ago

That is very nice. Are the led rings natural white or cyan (teal)?

#76 8 years ago

They are teal.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
$ 27.95
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 9.95
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 24.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-pop-bumper-mod/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.