Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pbc_cftbl3.jpg
pbc_cftbl2.jpg
pbc_cftbl1.jpg
cftblgreen1.jpg
pupo_cftbl1.jpg
#1 12 years ago

Looks like I'll be picking up a Creature shortly and I'm looking for some advice on mods. So far I know I'll order the Snack Bar Cliffy, the pop bumper upgrade, #86 green LEDs for the main ramp and the whirlpool and the snack bar target decals. I'll do LED GI lights right away too while it's being shopped and figure out the rest later. Am I missing anything? Not looking to add a car to the pf or the tail light mod. I plan on keeping things simple. Also, was there a fix for or better light for the hologram? I thought I read something about that a while ago. Thanks for any info you can provide.

#2 12 years ago

Just bring it to me and I will figure out all the mods to add

#3 12 years ago

Holo Lighting upgrade is at gamestencils.com

#4 12 years ago

Pinbits also sells a lamp upgrade and other goodies. http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=13_6

#5 12 years ago

Put a cold cathode UV light in the back of the machine. The backboard decal fluoresces which is a cool effect. Star post lights at the slings really brighten up that part of the playfield also.

#6 12 years ago

Don't forget my color post sleeves!

pupo_cftbl1.jpgpupo_cftbl1.jpg cftblgreen1.jpgcftblgreen1.jpg

#7 12 years ago

I would mod it into a better game.

In all seriousness, this is a machine that looks amazing when fully decked out in LEDs.

#8 12 years ago

Yes, a full LED kit is in order along with the green post covers from Cliffy. I also went with green flipper rubbers and green flipper buttons.

#9 12 years ago

I dunno, I kinda like the purple post covers better. They seem to bring out the color of her eyes.

How many #86 are needed for the main and whirlpool green mod?

#10 12 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

How many #86 are needed for the main and whirlpool green mod?

Man I did this mod with Pebeo green stained glass lacquer back in like 2003/4? My buddy Steve Charland and I spent an afternoon messing up the kitchen oven by baking lamps on wooden blocks

We were the first to do a green lamp mod on a Creature. Wish I still had those web pages but they are irrelevant now since LED's came out.

Anyway, sorry for the nostalgic trip but IIRC there are 30 -32 lamps needed for both the bowl and the ramp.

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

Don't forget my color post sleeves!

what post sleeves? all i see are boobies. is that a proto playfield? sorry, i'm a noob when it comes to that game.

#12 12 years ago

That is a limited edition Chad Keller custom nude playfield. They are around, pricey and well done (although not one I want in my game)

#13 12 years ago

Are your colored posts available on Pinbits?

#14 12 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

So far I know I'll order the ... #86 green LEDs for the main ramp and the whirlpool...

Subjective food for thought:

Because the main ramp has graphics of pieces of movie film, the standard incandescents look best here--because they give the look of a movie projector or "Now Showing" marquis lights.

Same for the FILM inserts but Cool White LEDs look better here.

On the other hand, the green 86s look right on the whirlpool to me because it's a Lagoon.

All just my 2 cents.

#15 12 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

Are your colored posts available on Pinbits?

Sometimes Pam has been extremely busy lately so she may not always have the web pages updated. When there is doubt just email her directly.

#16 12 years ago

The CFTBL shooter rod from PinballCustoms.com looks great on this game.

#17 12 years ago

The CFTBL shooter rod from PinballCustoms.com looks great on this game.

Let me help you prove that Brock

pbc_cftbl1.jpgpbc_cftbl1.jpg pbc_cftbl2.jpgpbc_cftbl2.jpg pbc_cftbl3.jpgpbc_cftbl3.jpg

#18 12 years ago

I have the green/blue mindorbits lightup shooter rod on my cftbl. I got it because I also have mindorbit lightup shooter rods on the CV and ToM sitting beside it.

#19 12 years ago

I modded mine into a TSPP. I highly recommend it.

#20 12 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

We get it. You don't like CREECH. Enough already.

#21 12 years ago

There's the mirrored and light block speaker panel too. Very cool.

http://www.classicplayfields.com/store-nicknacks.html

#22 12 years ago

Here is a post that I did on another forum of a mod for those without a hologram but you could use the lighing change to improve the lighting for the hologram.

http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=6810.0

Also there is a L5 Ghosting Rom chip available if you go full led's to remove the ghosting effect.

#23 12 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I have both TSPP and CFTBL....TSPP is an amazingly deep game...CFTBL is a perfect blend of art, game play, and theme integration. Two distinctly different games, but I would never choose TSPP over CFTBL. And I'm not alone among those that have played both of mine.

#24 12 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

We get it. You don't like CREECH. Enough already.

Not until the end of time

#25 12 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

That is a limited edition Chad Keller custom nude playfield. They are around, pricey and well done (although not one I want in my game)

that's the best mod imho. yowsa

#26 12 years ago

I like post covers and the shooter rod.
I have never played this game with full LED's but I am sure it would look great.
They do make a plexi topper if it does not have one already.

Good find
Hope you enjoy the title more than I do

#28 12 years ago
Quoted from NM:

Shoot_Again said:

They do make a plexi topper if it does not have one already.
Here's the CFTBL topper that tops all toppers:
http://home.comcast.net/~skbrothers/site/?/page/Creature_from_the_Black_Lagoon_Pinball_Topper/&PHPSESSID=ce192e02e7b7850c54a71c654249fddc

That is over the top literally! Very nice.

#29 12 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

alveolus said:We get it. You don't like CREECH. Enough already.
Not until the end of time

In that case, by all means continue to bash your head pointlessly into a wall. You are the anomaly. Your ceaseless soapbox rambings will continue to be ignored by the masses of us blessed to bask in the glory of this joyfully interactive work of art and Americana.

Cheers,
Shawn

#30 12 years ago

I played creature for a couple of hours last night, is there a mod that makes the super jackpot easier to collect?

#31 12 years ago
Quoted from donjagra:

I played creature for a couple of hours last night, is there a mod that makes the super jackpot easier to collect?

That would be called the "taking the glass off the PF" mod

#32 12 years ago

#34 12 years ago

Did you buy my soon to be Tron yet?

I decided to opt out of the bashing of CFTBL, as I didn't want to hijack the thread anymore.

I will always get my little dig in, sorry people, but I'll try to leave it at that. The game is beautiful, and looks great with some of the tasteful mods out there.

4 months later
#35 11 years ago

I'm picking up a CFTBL next week and I was looking for some advice on adding LEDs to the ramp and whirlpool. How difficult is it to remove both pieces to put the LEDs in? They look awesome but I'm not particularly eager to spend 3 hours undoing a hundred screws to get the ramp off!!!

Any advice would be appreciated thanks

#36 11 years ago

There are three ramps and the bowl. You can gain access without fully removing all the ramps, but it may be that working from the underside of the pf would be easier. You might find it necessary to remove the subway or an assembly or two, but that will be easier than deramping the top.

Da

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 24.00
$ 27.95
$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-mods-advice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.