CFTBL mods advice

Started 2 years ago by Foo in forum TechTech: Generic.

Forum » Tech » Tech: Generic » Topic

CFTBL mods advice

Topic summary

• Started 2 years ago by Foo
  • 21 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from MrWizzo

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs

Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

Looks like I'll be picking up a Creature shortly and I'm looking for some advice on mods. So far I know I'll order the Snack Bar Cliffy, the pop bumper upgrade, #86 green LEDs for the main ramp and the whirlpool and the snack bar target decals. I'll do LED GI lights right away too while it's being shopped and figure out the rest later. Am I missing anything? Not looking to add a car to the pf or the tail light mod. I plan on keeping things simple. Also, was there a fix for or better light for the hologram? I thought I read something about that a while ago. Thanks for any info you can provide.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

Just bring it to me and I will figure out all the mods to add

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

Holo Lighting upgrade is at gamestencils.com

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

Pinbits also sells a lamp upgrade and other goodies. http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=13_6

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

Put a cold cathode UV light in the back of the machine. The backboard decal fluoresces which is a cool effect. Star post lights at the slings really brighten up that part of the playfield also.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

Don't forget my color post sleeves!

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

I would mod it into a better game.

In all seriousness, this is a machine that looks amazing when fully decked out in LEDs.

dmacy

Pinball master
    2,230,800 2
    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

Yes, a full LED kit is in order along with the green post covers from Cliffy. I also went with green flipper rubbers and green flipper buttons.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

I dunno, I kinda like the purple post covers better. They seem to bring out the color of her eyes.

How many #86 are needed for the main and whirlpool green mod?

2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    MrWizzo said:

How many #86 are needed for the main and whirlpool green mod?

Man I did this mod with Pebeo green stained glass lacquer back in like 2003/4? My buddy Steve Charland and I spent an afternoon messing up the kitchen oven by baking lamps on wooden blocks

We were the first to do a green lamp mod on a Creature. Wish I still had those web pages but they are irrelevant now since LED's came out.

Anyway, sorry for the nostalgic trip but IIRC there are 30 -32 lamps needed for both the bowl and the ramp.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    Cliffy said:

Don't forget my color post sleeves!

what post sleeves? all i see are boobies. is that a proto playfield? sorry, i'm a noob when it comes to that game.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

That is a limited edition Chad Keller custom nude playfield. They are around, pricey and well done (although not one I want in my game)

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

Are your colored posts available on Pinbits?

NM

Pinball master
    1,939,550 2
    2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    Foo said:

So far I know I'll order the ... #86 green LEDs for the main ramp and the whirlpool...

Subjective food for thought:

Because the main ramp has graphics of pieces of movie film, the standard incandescents look best here--because they give the look of a movie projector or "Now Showing" marquis lights.

Same for the FILM inserts but Cool White LEDs look better here.

On the other hand, the green 86s look right on the whirlpool to me because it's a Lagoon.

All just my 2 cents.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    Foo said:

Are your colored posts available on Pinbits?

Sometimes Pam has been extremely busy lately so she may not always have the web pages updated. When there is doubt just email her directly.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

The CFTBL shooter rod from PinballCustoms.com looks great on this game.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

The CFTBL shooter rod from PinballCustoms.com looks great on this game.

Let me help you prove that Brock

planters49

Pinball addict
    668,000 2
    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

I have the green/blue mindorbits lightup shooter rod on my cftbl. I got it because I also have mindorbit lightup shooter rods on the CV and ToM sitting beside it.

Atomicboy

Pinball guru
    5,492,400 2
    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

I modded mine into a TSPP. I highly recommend it.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    Atomicboy said:

We get it. You don't like CREECH. Enough already.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

There's the mirrored and light block speaker panel too. Very cool.

http://www.classicplayfields.com/store-nicknacks.html

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

Here is a post that I did on another forum of a mod for those without a hologram but you could use the lighing change to improve the lighting for the hologram.

http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=6810.0

Also there is a L5 Ghosting Rom chip available if you go full led's to remove the ghosting effect.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    Atomicboy said:

I have both TSPP and CFTBL....TSPP is an amazingly deep game...CFTBL is a perfect blend of art, game play, and theme integration. Two distinctly different games, but I would never choose TSPP over CFTBL. And I'm not alone among those that have played both of mine.

Atomicboy

Pinball guru
    5,492,400 2
    2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    alveolus said:

We get it. You don't like CREECH. Enough already.

Not until the end of time

2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    Cliffy said:

That is a limited edition Chad Keller custom nude playfield. They are around, pricey and well done (although not one I want in my game)

that's the best mod imho. yowsa

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

I like post covers and the shooter rod.
    I have never played this game with full LED's but I am sure it would look great.
    They do make a plexi topper if it does not have one already.

Good find
    Hope you enjoy the title more than I do

NM

Pinball master
    1,939,550 2
    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

dmacy

Pinball master
    2,230,800 2
    2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    NM said:

Shoot_Again said:

They do make a plexi topper if it does not have one already.
    Here's the CFTBL topper that tops all toppers:
    http://home.comcast.net/~skbrothers/site/?/page/Creature_from_the_Black_Lagoon_Pinball_Topper/&PHPSESSID=ce192e02e7b7850c54a71c654249fddc

That is over the top literally! Very nice.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    Atomicboy said:

alveolus said:We get it. You don't like CREECH. Enough already.
    Not until the end of time

In that case, by all means continue to bash your head pointlessly into a wall. You are the anomaly. Your ceaseless soapbox rambings will continue to be ignored by the masses of us blessed to bask in the glory of this joyfully interactive work of art and Americana.

Cheers,
    Shawn

donjagra

Pinball master
    3,002,000 4
    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

I played creature for a couple of hours last night, is there a mod that makes the super jackpot easier to collect?

2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    donjagra said:

I played creature for a couple of hours last night, is there a mod that makes the super jackpot easier to collect?

That would be called the "taking the glass off the PF" mod

Atomicboy

Pinball guru
    5,492,400 2
    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

Aaron, you pussy..

Atomicboy

Pinball guru
    5,492,400 2
    2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    pinball_customs said:

Aaron, you pussy..

Did you buy my soon to be Tron yet?

I decided to opt out of the bashing of CFTBL, as I didn't want to hijack the thread anymore.

I will always get my little dig in, sorry people, but I'll try to leave it at that. The game is beautiful, and looks great with some of the tasteful mods out there.

1 year, 8 months ago
    #

I'm picking up a CFTBL next week and I was looking for some advice on adding LEDs to the ramp and whirlpool. How difficult is it to remove both pieces to put the LEDs in? They look awesome but I'm not particularly eager to spend 3 hours undoing a hundred screws to get the ramp off!!!

Any advice would be appreciated thanks

1 year, 8 months ago
    #

There are three ramps and the bowl. You can gain access without fully removing all the ramps, but it may be that working from the underside of the pf would be easier. You might find it necessary to remove the subway or an assembly or two, but that will be easier than deramping the top.

Da

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.

© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple