Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by MrBally
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Ends in an hour or so, what would cause those decals to look like that?

#2 10 years ago

do you have a link?

#4 10 years ago

0 bids so far

#5 10 years ago

Why would a decal be cracked like that on the side? Exposed time below freezing? Extreme heat without sunlight?

#6 10 years ago

With no license to acquire this WILL be a remake. Kinda like my sample MM, the window of opportunity to sell for a bunch has disappeared...LOL

But heck...It's only pinball!

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from UKCatsFan76:

Ends in an hour or so, what would cause those decals to look like that?

My guess is that someone did a really, really poor job on a redecal, leaving air bubbles that, once the cabinet was dry (wet method), or after the decals we totally set (did them during a black out). Later someone (likely the same person) tried to flatten out ripping the thin decals. You can see a bubble to the left that is just in line with another one of the creases that was flattened out.

I am surprised that they were not installed upside down.

The other possibility is malicious vandalism as the side rail shows a trace of the same line....

#8 10 years ago

hmmm thinking extreme cold

#9 10 years ago

I considered bidding on it, cab is a deterrent as much as the remake soon to come.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

With no license to acquire this WILL be a remake. Kinda like my sample MM, the window of opportunity to sell for a bunch has disappeared...LOL
But heck...It's only pinball!

Come on. Once reality hits. It is still an original and a sample.

#11 10 years ago

Probably 1.5 years away from a remake at least.

#12 10 years ago

I also think it looks like a poor job of applying decals and leaving bubbles and creases.

#13 10 years ago

Somebody got it!

#14 10 years ago

Those are factory decals my CC showed the same lines in the decal

It's from expanding and contrasting the decal finally snaps

Prolly being on location with no temp control

#15 10 years ago

congrats to whichever of you all got it, play field looks nice, just needs new decals and guns

#16 10 years ago

This has ended now -- looks like they got a bidder. I didn't see the guns on the apron, though. The listing didn't mention that these were missing.

#17 10 years ago

One bidder, but one thing I think is interesting to note...

Nowhere in the listing did it mention if the machine is working. Says playfield, ramps, and translite are good.
Says the artwork is bad, and new is included.

Doesn't say a thing more.
You can assume it's good, but for $9k without seeing detail, you're assuming a heck of a lot....

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

One bidder, but one thing I think is interesting to note...
Nowhere in the listing did it mention if the machine is working. Says playfield, ramps, and translite are good.
Says the artwork is bad, and new is included.
Doesn't say a thing more.
You can assume it's good, but for $9k without seeing detail, you're assuming a heck of a lot....

Look back at sellers feedback at the recent pinball sales. All buyers happy, he did not mention they worked either. Well, LOTR he does mention works like new basically

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from pinball_happy:

This has ended now -- looks like they got a bidder. I didn't see the guns on the apron, though. The listing didn't mention that these were missing.

"The apron pistols are not included."

#20 10 years ago

And the guns aren't available. I can't imagine any collector being interested with missing parts that can't be bought. I know I would be out.

I'll say this about a remake. I owned a collector quality CC and sold it after a few months. I bought again for CCC. I don't care if they finish the Williams software or not. CC is not worth owning without CCC, which is so much more. Since Rick said Williams will not back a CCC at all, the only hope would be for a proc hardware update that can support his new board set. Otherwise, I just don't see a CC remake being viable. If that thing can run CCC, though, that'll be a different story.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

And the guns aren't available. I can't imagine any collector being interested with missing parts that can't be bought. I know I would be out.

I know very little about CC, but think I have seen these pistols a number of times on Ebay, assume they are the apron pistols. I believe PDI has some nice looking remakes, or is it refakes

http://www.pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/CC_Page.html#

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

They're available from Pinball Spare Parts in Australia. $26.20 per side.

#23 10 years ago

Forget about the guns, no CC is complete without the stupidest mod ever created (found at the above link)

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I'll say this about a remake. I owned a collector quality CC and sold it after a few months. I bought again for CCC. I don't care if they finish the Williams software or not. CC is not worth owning without CCC, which is so much more. Since Rick said Williams will not back a CCC at all, the only hope would be for a proc hardware update that can support his new board set. Otherwise, I just don't see a CC remake being viable. If that thing can run CCC, though, that'll be a different story.

I've been buying my CC restore parts left and right. Guns are easily accessible.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

CC is not worth owning without CCC, which is so much more.

Word! Played it at Eric's house this past Friday and couldn't imagine it without the third C!

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

They're available from Pinball Spare Parts in Australia. $26.20 per side.

Ok perfect. My initial parts scan turned up nothing.

#27 10 years ago

If a CC remake becomes reality; guns will be plentiful.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
16,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bullhead City, AZ
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cc-on-ebay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.