Can't wait to play a Tron....

Started 1 year ago by hassanchop in forum All PinballAll Pinball.

Forum » All Pinball » Topic

Can't wait to play a Tron....

Topic summary

• Started 1 year ago by hassanchop
  • 26 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from GoBlue

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs

Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!

hassanchop

Pinball master
    2,722,850 2
    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

.... since it is on the top#1 here. (a top 100 that i respect much)
    So, is Tron really the best game ever? Is it really that good? Why?
    Better than LOTR/MM/TZ/AFM...?
    If it is then congratulations to Stern. Can't wait to try one out

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Some consider this spot on the charts a flaw, but deep down it is a very fun game. I like to think of it as Funhouse plus, with more features going on with it, but similar in shot layout. This list lists the super limited LE above the regular which is much easier to come by, but still rare enough. Word on the street is that there still may be a software update yet on the machine.

There are plenty of mods that can be had on the thing, and I have to say it's Borg's best effort to date. I totally discounted any machine he was cranking out, this game changed my mind.

Best game of all time? The jury is still out, but fun.. absolutely.

Russo121

Pinball addict
    1,056,250 2
    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

It is truly awesome. Needs to be played at length to truly appreciate its merits, but then again, so does every single pin on the top100 so take that perticular rating with a pinch of salt due to its low number of ratings.

My personal top 100 wouldnt look anything like the one here on pinside. Thats due to the amount of time i have spent on each machine. You cant truly know a machine inside out by playing a few games here and there. You need to spend 'quality' time with each one, prefferably in the home where you can fully immerse yourself in its every detail.

Tron is my current favourite i have to admit.:)

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

My only beef with the top ten is that SM should be ranked #1. Tron is a solid top five game when everything is factored in.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Its gotten very popular - seems that every other post is about Tron.

Pro or LE, its still Tron Pinball - the LE has the lights on the ramps which does add a considerable change, but not enough to not get a feel for it.

I have an LE since launch. It stands alone - very unique game, there is no other game like it. Stunning to some degree in the art and the sounds (best sound package IMO - ACDC may take that crown soon though), great shot layout and does have you smiling as you advance it.

#1? I would say easily top 5. For me, nothing has dethroned TZ, and Sterns IM comes a close second.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Its a really fun game and has staying power, but imo it's behind a lot of other classics like MM, AFM, TZ, and so on. It's a top 10 for sure but #1 is a tough sell for ANY single game. To say one game is the best ever is almost impossible. Everyone has different tastes and unfortunately not everyone can afford the prices the top titles command. It definitely is a game changer as far as the fiber optic lights, and the Daft Punk soundtrack goes, but like everything some people love it and some don't. I'm relatively new to pinball and have learned to take ratings and prices of machines with a grain of salt. That all being said I do own an LE and would not sell or trade it anytime soon. After I added a sub and a shaker to the game it absolutely kicks my ass almost every time I play it. The fact it's a hard game imo keeps me coming back. I still think LOTR is the most difficult game I have ever played.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Tron is a great game. I have to admit that I have not even played a game on my LOTR since it arrived. Im sure this is what happens when you get your first NIB everything else is on hold. The best things about the game. So far for me, the music and sound effects are so good. The speed of play is great and I tend to not like games with a slow ball speed. The flow of tron is awesome when you’re hitting shots 1 after another and then end of the line bonus at arcade cab. The disk will shoot the ball out in amazing ways that you have to see it to believe it and sometimes it will just shoot it out slow and that will shock you bc the things the ball does after coming out is just plain cool IMO. The game looks so good. I love the mod's and im also an LED whore and Tron is a great pin for both.

Similar layout, but does not "play" like FH in anyway IMO.

Blakesell said:

I like to think of it as Funhouse

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Just got my LE yest! this game kicks ass!! I cant even tell you how diff the LE is compared to the pro. I have played both! I know everyone is getting a pro and modded them saying there cheaper and the LE isnt worth it, but my god the lights integrate into the sound and game play so well i think it would be boring if they stayed the same color and didnt flash on and off at certain times. I havnt even scratched the surface of this game! Great sound, lights, super fast, rules, lasting playability etc... I just hope I dont go blind in a couple weeks :/

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    Blakesell said:

I like to think of it as Funhouse plus, with more features going on with it, but similar in shot layout.

I tend to agree. I even see a lot of TAF similarities if you flip the playfield.
    It definitely has a Lawlor quality to it and similar (albeit faster) flow. Most Stern fanboys would disagree I'm sure.

RobT

Pinside legend
    12,260,573 3
    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    hassanchop said:

.... since it is on the top#1 here. (a top 100 that i respect much)
    So, is Tron really the best game ever? Is it really that good? Why?
    Better than LOTR/MM/TZ/AFM...?

I've owned, or currently own, LOTR LE, AFM, MM, and TZ. I also currently own TRON LE.

They are all superb pins! I love every one of them, and consider those 5 pins to be among the very best out there.

I'm not going to say whether or not TRON LE is better than those titles, but what I will say is that it most certainly deserves to be in the conversation with those titles! A big part of the appeal of TRON LE to me is the way that it really sucks me into the theme, puts me in the middle of it and makes me feel like I'm in the movie more than any other pin that I've owned. The sounds and music are absolutely top notch, and I *love* the callouts almost as much as AFM and LOTR.

I go through pins pretty darn fast, but TRON LE is a keeper this time around (this is the second time I've owned it).

hassanchop

Pinball master
    2,722,850 2
    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Clearly Tron is a really big one, reading your comments.
    I hope i find one soon cuzz now i really want to try it even more!

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

It's a fun game solid game. Top 5? Not for me. Top 10? naw. Out of the 15 for me personally.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Tron is awesome.

Had the Pro for over a year and still have not beat it. (have it set on hard)

I also think Transformers LE is not getting the love it deserves. AC/DC Premiums are selling out and Tron Pros can still be had though they are now around $5K NIB. Anyone with a TRON LE is going to be keeping them or cashing out big. Same with the PRO though I do not see it hitting above 5.5K.

I think Transformers LE should be a close third to AC/DC and Tron and it can still be gotten at a decent price for those who missed out on Tron and AC/DC Transformers LE is an excellent pin.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    hank527 said:

Tron Pros can still be had though they are now around $5K NIB

PM where you found that. I have a friend that is looking and he can't find one that low.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    6S3NC3 said:

PM where you found that. I have a friend that is looking and he can't find one that low.

What prices is he seeing for Tron Pro NIB?

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

5400 to his door. He found 1 for 80 less but cab has decals

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

I would love to play Tron,anybody within 100 miles of Louisville have one?

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

<blockquote

cite="#252921">My only beef with the top ten is that SM should be ranked #1

I agree with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Scooter,

I'm getting one. Should be here in the next couple of weeks. I'll let you know when she gets here.

Rick

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Tron!!!!

hassanchop

Pinball master
    2,722,850 2
    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

that's it!!!! i am bying a Tron! (when they get down to 1500 euros.. of course )

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Never played it is it really that good, found one an ex-route one at a very reasonable price I have been thinking about, not far only 18 hours drive away.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    6S3NC3 said:

5400 to his door. He found 1 for 80 less but cab has decals

I set up my Pro yesterday which has decals. They look great, honestly. Less pixelation than you normally see on the cab and zero issues with the installation -- corners and edges lined up perfectly etc. I know there's been a lot of concern over the decals. So far, a non-issue on my machine. My friend took some pics. Maybe I can get him to post some.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    rkelley17 said:

Scooter,

I'm getting one. Should be here in the next couple of weeks. I'll let you know when she gets here.

Rick

Thanks,I will be looking forward to it!!

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Anyone have any thoughts on the flipper fidelity mod for the back glass. Im on the fence about it.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    hank527 said:

Anyone have any thoughts on the flipper fidelity mod for the back glass. Im on the fence about it.

It obviously won't improve gameplay, but it just adds to the overall experience... especially on this title.
    If you're doing other mods like EL wire, I think the FF kits are a must!

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    hank527 said:

i got the kit from PINBALL CENTER, its top for sure !

» YouTube video

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

I did not notice a huge difference in the backbox. The sub is great. Night and day.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    Shadow said:

I set up my Pro yesterday which has decals. They look great, honestly. Less pixelation than you normally see on the cab and zero issues with the installation -- corners and edges lined up perfectly etc. I know there's been a lot of concern over the decals. So far, a non-issue on my machine. My friend took some pics. Maybe I can get him to post some.

Please do so if you can.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    hank527 said:

me too its def not cheap but it looks bad ass I think he would cut us a deal if we went to his house and picked two up! If your down I will talk to Mike hes a cool guy

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Would love to see some pics Shadow!!! I have one coming with decals and am curious about what it looks like. Did you use cabinet protectors or are they not necessary anymore with the new design? Thanks!

Rick

pinballlooking

Pinball addict
    1,428,750 2
    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    hank527 said:

I have it I this it is great. I have not seen anything better at this point.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

I installed the ff backglass led mod with the motion effect on a TRON LE. It Looks great. It actually accents the 3d effect.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

I just got my ramp protectors from Cliffy (great job Cliffy as usual). We have not been playing the game out of fear of breaking a ramp. Anxious to get them on tonight and fire it up again tonight!

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    RipleYYY said:

hank527 said:Anyone have any thoughts on the flipper fidelity mod for the back glass. Im on the fence about it.
    » YouTube video

That looks great! I checked their site and they indicates its not for the unskilled person to install. I can get by most electronic/mechanical installations as long as they don't start talking geek talk. What do you think about the skill level required for the installation and the clarity of their instructions (for TRON LE)?

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

If we are talking about the flipper fidelity led backbox for the TRON LE it's very easy to install. You remove the fluorescent bulb, then the connector ends for the bulb(just screws) and the new led board screws into those now empty screw holes. The wiring runs down and towards the power supply and plugs into an existing plug. That's it.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    rkelley17 said:

Would love to see some pics Shadow!!! I have one coming with decals and am curious about what it looks like. Did you use cabinet protectors or are they not necessary anymore with the new design? Thanks!
    Rick

I used the felt protectors from Pinball Life, just in case. I will ask Korn to post pics. They look good.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    playernumber4 said:

RipleYYY said:hank527 said:Anyone have any thoughts on the flipper fidelity mod for the back glass. Im on the fence about it.
    » YouTube video
    That looks great! I checked their site and they indicates its not for the unskilled person to install. I can get by most electronic/mechanical installations as long as they don't start talking geek talk. What do you think about the skill level required for the installation and the clarity of their instructions (for TRON LE)?

i suppose you didnt read well (...) because its easy even more you can imagine, and i have two "left hands" (as we say in belgium, know what i mean ?) lol

1 back panel with 2 holes, screwed in the 2 holes of the bulb (to be removed)
    and than 1 pcb on which you connect the GI & flashes, putting them where you want on the back panel, 2 Y cables, to diverter from the CPU board...

clearly, dont be afraid with the mounting

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

just one thing more in case of : because this is not said in the instructions :

due to the attraction, the small cables at the basis on the tape-band-led will break quickly (its solder, than not a prob, but) as you will shake the pin...

and than, maintain these cables with duck tape on the panel, and even better, with some hot glue right on the solder/basis, as it, these will not move at all (and break)

(lets hope you understand what i've said with my approximative english)

hassanchop

Pinball master
    2,722,850 2
    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

camon!! now is acdc the best pinner? and tron just went to 25? i am getting confused

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Looks like newest = best nowadays!

I wouldn't kick either pin out of bed, which of course means the woman will have to sleep out on the couch for a change!

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

LE is 29 in fact, behind the "pro"...

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

TF LE isn't top 25 good but maybe top 50.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    playernumber4 said:

I just got my ramp protectors from Cliffy (great job Cliffy as usual).

I am interested in more info on these, do you have a link ??

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Tron > AC/DC

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.

© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple