Party Zone1.JPG
DSCN2189.JPG
DSCN2192.JPG
2014-03-19 21.56.51.jpg
2014-03-19 21.56.51.jpg
20131130_113342.jpg
20131130_113430.jpg
20131211_204007.jpg
There are 413 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 9.
#1 10 years ago

Just got done installing my Rock Custom Pinball Under Cabinet LED LIght kit for my TRON and all I can say is WOW!

I think he has about 10 or 11 kits available right now.

This thing interacts with the game play and is so easy to install. Only took me about 10 minutes and I was up and running! (yes you read right, it interacts with the game play)... No remotes, batteries or boring and dull light effects.

THIS KIT POPS!

Adds a whole new experience to the entire game play.

Rock is simply a genius!

Check out his video and contact him for info.

Highly recommend this MOD for the Buck!

Thanks ROCK!!!!

Contact him right here on Pinside! Rock914

His Youtube Page with all of them! Simply amazing...
https://www.youtube.com/user/pinballled

#2 10 years ago

He is working and designing a LOTR one now - I will post a video once I receive and install it

#3 10 years ago

Does it work with Tron Pro and how much is it? Thanks!

#4 10 years ago

Arcade upkeep also has a kit that interacts with gameplay.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from PC-Pin-NC:

Contact him right here on Pinside! Rock914

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from paratrooper:

Just got done installing my Rock Custom Pinball Under Cabinet LED LIght kit for my TRON and all I can say is WOW!

Thank you I really appreciate the feedback on my kit's so very few have actually installed them yet.

Quoted from PC-Pin-NC:

It does work with tron pro. I just started a website so please try to order through that we will see how it goes.
www.rockcustompinball.com
I am not full prepped to sell led's so you will not be able to order any atm.

Quoted from dannunz:

Arcade upkeep also has a kit that interacts with gameplay.

Thanks I just checked out these kits looks like they have done 2 kits and want $175 ea or a DIY kit for $155. I am charging $80-$100 for a complete plug and play kit that will take you at most 15min to Install. I'm sure their kits work wonderfully and is good quality. I am trying to provide a great product at a reasonable price. Buy theirs and mine and report back on the quality and ease of install. If you don't like mine compared to theirs send mine back to me for a full refund. You will see the difference.

Thanks,
Rock

#7 10 years ago

Thanks Rock, I'll check it out!

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from PC-Pin-NC:

This is what I have installed mine on, and it works AWESOME!

Less than $90.00 shipped!!!!

What a bang for the buck when it comes to MODs.

Incredibly easy to install and brings the whole game experience to life.

Cant wait to see what is up his sleeve for future products.

#9 10 years ago

Lots of idea's but time is limited unfortunately. Thanks to everyone trying out my kits, I am glad you guy's are enjoying them. I am testing several new kits today so I may have new video's to post later. Please if you want a kit order from my site. Most of my items are not available yet but my kits are. I am still creating my site it will be a few weeks before it's complete.

Thanks,
Rock
http://www.rockcustompinball.com

#10 10 years ago

Looking forward to an LOTR version. Is this in your plans??

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Looking forward to an LOTR version. Is this in your plans??

LoTR turned out fantastic!

(We JUST tested it out...holy smokes, phenomenal).

Some other new ones are on the way, and I can tell you they look great.

Pete

#12 10 years ago

Video?

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

LoTR turned out fantastic!
(We JUST tested it out...holy smokes, phenomenal).
Some other new ones are on the way, and. Can tell you they look great.
Pete

GREAT- to hear heard it will be even better soon..

#14 10 years ago

Video will come when installed on my machine for sure!!!

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Working on video now...

Awesome...

Just give me ONE good reason to put that machine in my collection !!!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#17 10 years ago
Quoted from paratrooper:

Awesome...
Just give me ONE good reason to put that machine in my collection !!!

Because it is an awesome game! Super deep and a blast to play, so glad it in my collection. One of the best games for a home collection!!

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

Because it is an awesome game! Super deep and a blast to play, so glad it in my collection. One of the best games for a home collection!!

Can you compare to TRON> ??? (my 1st and only PIN so far)

Curious if someone has both..........

I WANT IT!

#19 10 years ago

Both Tron & LOTR? Yep...LOTR is stock, and Tron is crazy bright with cointaker led's. Very different games, but both are keepers in my opinion.

20131211_204007.jpg20131211_204007.jpg
#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Millz:

Both Tron & LOTR? Yep...LOTR is stock, and Tron is crazy bright with cointaker led's. Very different games, but both are keepers in my opinion.

20131211_204007.jpg 252 KB

That is fricken a sweet line-up.

Now, how bout a TRON and AC\DC comparison?

#21 10 years ago

Spider Man, Iron Man, LOTR and Indiana Jones....Holy Cripes, did those turn out great.

Rock is racing off to post video....probably be up by morning.

Spidey ended up being one my favorites....particularly that flasher show at the game-over screen.

Amazing work...you guys will absolutely love it.

Pete

#22 10 years ago

How 'bout STTNG?

#24 10 years ago

My 1st attempt at Youtube!

My Rock Custom LED kit with TRON Pro... End of game light effects... (don't mind the Zac Brown Music)

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Lots of idea's but time is limited unfortunately. Thanks to everyone trying out my kits, I am glad you guy's are enjoying them. I am testing several new kits today so I may have new video's to post later. Please if you want a kit order from my site. Most of my items are not available yet but my kits are. I am still creating my site it will be a few weeks before it's complete.
Thanks,
Rock

I just ordered one! Can't wait!

#26 10 years ago

oh crap! Attempt number two!

TRON Spinning disc and ball drain...

This ROCKS!

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from vtec16:

Which one did you order??

They are so fricken awesome and easy to install.

#28 10 years ago

Would love to see The Shadow in action!

#29 10 years ago

Wow thanks everyone! I just got back from creating a bunch of new kits. I would like to thank Pete and Julie for letting me do some testing on their amazing collection.

Quoted from RonB:

Would love to see The Shadow in action!

I made some video's and I will try to get them posted. I dont know if I have Shadow or not as my camera died. I can tell you Shadow turned out very nice lots of Purple, Red, Green, and Blue. I will have my new video's posted sometime in the morning.

Just checked my orders looks like I will be busy tomorrow, thanks for the support.

The best way to order is through my website I will post my new kits tomorrow. My site isnt 100 percent yet but undercad orders can be placed. I will say when I put my led's up try the 4-smd they are amazing. I do not plan on listing a crap ton of different led's just some good ones at a reasonable price.

-Rock

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

OR Stern STLE

If you want this kit Pm me I will let you know how we can proceed.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from vtec16:

What's with the thumbs down on my post above? Thanks

#32 10 years ago

Posting some video's now if you subscribe to my youtube channel. https://www.youtube.com/user/pinballled

more coming.

MN-Flipper - I told you I would sell you a test kit and I will hold true to that even though I am fully Tested. If I give my word I don't go back. This is yours for the test price and thank you for the willingness to take a chance on one of my test kits.

Future test kits will be at a little discount and A $20.00 refund will be given once a video is supplied to me in a windows movie maker form. For those of you testing now our original deals are in place as agreed upon.

Thanks,
Rock

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#33 10 years ago

All the kits that Rock did tonight turned out fan-freakin'-tastic...but I think that Spidey is my favorite.

Just look:

Man, that is just so dang cool. Doc Ock gets that really cool red-undercab glow, Venom goes Blue when you hit him, and the final light show at game over is jaw-droppingly neat. (Really, it looks even better in person.

Pete

#34 10 years ago

I just want to make our prices clear. The kits we have for $175 are our deluxe under cabinet kits which interact with both the regular flashers in the game and the games GI adding both under the game. Our flasher only kits are mostly $75. I'm sorry if that wasn't clear before, I'll try to fix it. Other than that, nice job and great looking kits!

Thanks,
Arcade Upkeep

#35 10 years ago

I see Earthshaker in your youtube list but no way to order a Sys11 kit from your store. Still making them?

#36 10 years ago

Wow, Earthshaker! I actually redesigned it. I will list it in the next week. Thank you for reminding me. I should add TFTC as well.

Quoted from ArcadeUpkeep:

I just want to make our prices clear. The kits we have for $175 are our deluxe under cabinet kits which interact with both the regular flashers in the game and the games GI adding both under the game. Our flasher only kits are mostly $75. I'm sorry if that wasn't clear before, I'll try to fix it. Other than that, nice job and great looking kits!
Thanks,
Arcade Upkeep

Thanks bud, I checked out your stuff looks good. I stayed away from the Gi because it interferes with the light show too much, color blends and appears white or weird yellow/greens. I am going to be testing an opto interrupter to cut power to the gi when the flashers go off, but this will be an expensive option as i'm sure you already explored. I am more than likely staying away from the DIY kits as most do not have the skill level or time to install, I know it seems easy to you and I but it is a problem for others. Plug and play all the way for me!

Keep it up.

Rock

#37 10 years ago

Rock914... do you have anything coming for MET?

#38 10 years ago

Rock, can you explain the installation process. Spidey looks great. Thinking about it in the next few weeks. AC/DC?

#39 10 years ago

Would be interested in STLE kit when available.

#40 10 years ago

Nice I just realized on my site I am selling at my holiday pricing!!! I was not ready for my site to be announced but it's ok all your orders will be filled today.

My everyday price is $90.00 for most kits this is the price most of you have paid before .
My new simple kits are $75.00 (for those of you who have ordered from my website if you would like the simple kit instead I will refund you $15.00) your choice. Just send me an email through my site.

Been working on a simplified version of this kit. Just completed testing and the results are:

Simple kit:

-Produces the same light show
-Is easier to install believe it or not!
-Throws almost the same amount of light using about 2/3 of the led's (the difference is not that noticeable)
-This I can produce cheaper
-I am now switching to this on my machines
-This kit is not lift safe like my regular kit. You will need to remove to use a lift but it removes in 30 seconds and reinstalls in about 2 minutes.

I am producing these for you as inexpensively as possible and I am trying to keep it that way. If i find a better way to reduce cost while producing the same high quality show, I will. The savings will be passed directly to you not my pocket.

Listing new kits now LOTR, SM, IM, AFM, TOM,
Test kits for FH, TOTAN, and some others are available pm me for details

Thanks,
Rock

#41 10 years ago

So these kits are not interchangeable? Meaning one Bally to another?

I couldn't find any info posted by you as to what all is in the kit. Is there a connector that interfaces with the flasher circuit, or do you tap into the wiring harness?

Thanks!

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

So these kits are not interchangeable? Meaning one Bally to another?
I couldn't find any info posted by you as to what all is in the kit. Is there a connector that interfaces with the flasher circuit, or do you tap into the wiring harness?
Thanks!

These kits are not interchangeable- I work very hard to produce the right show for each title they are unique to that title and in no way could you plug say an Medieval Madness Kit into a Twilight Zone and have it even work. There would also be risk to your boards. If you want a title I do not offer I will make it for you as a test kit and refund you $20.00 once a good useable video is supplied to me. Only 1 test kit is available per machine I do not have designed or tested.

I connect directly to the boards so it is a ultra easy install you only have to remove the backglass and speaker panel. The playfield glass never comes off!!! I designed this so my 12 year old daughter could install in 15 min. I kid you not it is very easy it's ridiculous others can comment on that.

Thanks,
Rock

#43 10 years ago

Ron...I have 3 of rocks kits on CFTBL, TZ, and TAF...each game is specificly made for that game. its completely plug and play and has nothing to do with the flasher circuit. If it did, CFTBL would have only a few times where the cabinet lights came on.

Rock is the man. Buy with confidence. He is there before, during, and after the sale.

#44 10 years ago

Looks very cool, are you going to list the simple kits on your website?

#45 10 years ago

They are being listed now. They should be up within the hour. In my opinion these are the way to go if your machines do not move around often with lifts. I am putting the simplified version on my machines that do not currently have kits installed. I did one next to my TZ and the difference to me is very minimal. But once you guys get the simple kits you can judge for yourself and let others know. Many of you have already installed kits so I recommend trying a simple kit these may be well worth the savings but that is up to you.

Thanks,
Rock

#46 10 years ago

Simple kits are up. If I told you I would invoice and haven't yet please email me. Sorry but it's been a little hectic today.

Thanks,
Rock

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

I kid you not it is very easy it's ridiculous others can comment on that.

I think the hardest part was lying on my back while I applied the LED strip to the underside LOL!!!!

#48 10 years ago

Actually they have many kits all interactive with game play and all for $75 to $100 each. I would like to try yours as well and report back just wanted to get the facts strait.

Thanks I just checked out these kits looks like they have done 2 kits and want $175 ea or a DIY kit for $155. I am charging $80-$100 for a complete plug and play kit that will take you at most 15min to Install. I'm sure their kits work wonderfully and is good quality. I am trying to provide a great product at a reasonable price. Buy theirs and mine and report back on the quality and ease of install. If you don't like mine compared to theirs send mine back to me for a full refund. You will see the difference.
Thanks,
Rock

#49 10 years ago

Looks like they have good stuff too. I only seen the 2 kits but I didn't look hard. If you get mine and have their's report the differences for everyone and which is more appealing to you an why. I would refrain from putting down anyone's work, their's or mine. I am sure they work just as hard on their kits as I do on mine. I know mine are great, but I cannot comment on theirs as I have not seen or installed one. Either way it is a value at the current prices for what it does for these machines. With more knowledge people can get the kit that best suits their needs lets keep up the good information and be open and honest.

Thanks,
Rock

#50 10 years ago

ST and STLE will be coming soon!! This is being made possible due to the efforts of luckymoey. Thank you for going through the trouble of helping me with this one. I hope others appreciate it as well.

Rock
Www.Rockcustompinball.com

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Trade
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

Machine - For Sale
Lombard, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 413 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/by-far-the-best-under-cabinet-led-kit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.