Burning ROMs

Started 2 years ago by mkgort in forum TechTech: Generic.

Forum » Tech » Tech: Generic » Topic

Burning ROMs

Topic summary

• Started 2 years ago by mkgort
  • 6 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from TomGWI

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs

Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!

2 years, 3 months ago
    #

I think I might try my hand at updating my own roms. I know there was an informative thread in here someone, but I cannot seem to find it.

If you happen to know where it is, could you kindly point me in its direction?

Thanks!

MK

2 years, 3 months ago
    #

The forum search needs to have a selection where you can search titles or body text. I want to search for a title but it only brings up text for me.

pin-tastic

Pinball addict
    1,161,150 4
    2 years, 3 months ago
    #
    futurepinhead said:

The forum search needs to have a selection where you can search titles or body text. I want to search for a title but it only brings up text for me.

I have had the same difficulty locating an older post, best thing I have found to use was the advanced search option on GOOGLE.

2 years, 3 months ago
    #
    mkgort said:

Found it

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rom-burners-anyone-got-recommendations#post-96907

Based on that thread, I went ahead and purchased a GQ-4X burner. I've been using it for a while now, and I can't say enough good things about the product. It's very easy to use, and it burns ROMs extremely fast. I bought mine on eBay for $100 including shipping. Here's a link:

ebay.com link » True Usb Gq 4x Eprom Chip Burner Programmer 29f400

2 years, 3 months ago
    #

Thanks! Did you get a UV eraser as well?

pin-tastic said:

use was the advanced search option on GOOGLE.

Thats what I did.

2 years, 3 months ago
    #

You need an eraser. Pretty much every ROM used in pins are EPROM (not EEPROM), so you can't erase it without a UV eraser.

2 years, 3 months ago
    #

Thanks again! Looking them up now

2 years, 3 months ago
    #
    mkgort said:

Thanks! Did you get a UV eraser as well?

You're welcome. Yes, I bought a UV eraser. Got it on eBay as well. Here's a link to the one I bought:

ebay.com link » Ultraviolet Light Uv Eprom Eraser Erase Eraseable Timer

I also bought a bunch of cheap blank ROMs on eBay. eBay may suck for buying pins, but it's hard to beat it when it comes to little stuff like this.

TomGWI

Pinball guru
    6,579,200 2
    2 years, 3 months ago
    #

Where do you guys buy your eproms from?

2 years, 3 months ago
    #
    TomGWI said:

Where do you guys buy your eproms from?

I'm sure there are other sources, but there seems to be an abundance of pretty cheap ones on eBay. For example:

ebay.com link » Tms 27c040 15 10 Count Eproms Cleaned And Erased

TomGWI

Pinball guru
    6,579,200 2
    2 years, 3 months ago
    #

Thanks.

gweempose said:

TomGWI said:Where do you guys buy your eproms from?
    I'm sure there are other sources, but there seems to be an abundance of pretty cheap ones on eBay. For example:
    ebay.com link » Tms 27c040 15 10 Count Eproms Cleaned And Erased

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.

© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple