BSD promo plastics

Started 2 years ago by Pinballerchef in forum TechTech: Generic.

Forum » Tech » Tech: Generic » Topic

BSD promo plastics

Topic summary

• Started 2 years ago by Pinballerchef
  • 6 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from Indypin

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs

Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!

2 years ago
    #

Hey family,

I recently snagged me a new set of BSD promo slingshot plastics.....yiippee!

I soon figured out that these need some kind of extended nut with a couple of screws to install these bad boys?! From what I can tell they sit above the original slingshot plastics (these have pre drilled holes in them already) and overlap the out lanes that head to the flippers. It's a good idea since the ball has less of a chance of smacking against them and chipping them. Buuuuut I don't know what I need or what these nuts/screws are labeled as??

Anyone in the know of this?!

Please and thanks!

Chef

2 years ago
    #

They are hex posts, search RGP, I forget the exact size/length you need.

2 years ago
    #

Is it me or do these things seem to routinely go up on eBay on a regular basis and command big money? Is someone sitting on top of a stash of these (or repro'ing them) and selling them a little at a time?

2 years ago
    #
    tomdotcom said:

They are hex posts, search RGP, I forget the exact size/length you need.

Will do....I'll see what I can find. Hex posts....definitely didn't know that. Thanks.

2 years ago
    #
    PinballHelp said:

Is it me or do these things seem to routinely go up on eBay on a regular basis and command big money? Is someone sitting on top of a stash of these (or repro'ing them) and selling them a little at a time?

I have been looking for a set for almost a year....and they just came up on eBay. Won them for $40....worth it to me....score!

2 years ago
    #

I've seen several sets recently. I was going to add them to my BSD but I think they're all overly high-priced repros. I have a problem paying $40+ for two slingshot plastics that probably cost $1.50 to make. It just seems wrong. They are cool-looking but the prices of some of these things have me reeling. Right now I'm looking for a sticker for my Black Rose cannon - they seem to go for $25+ That just seems ridiculous for a sticker. Sometimes I think some of these add-ons are a bit exploitative in the pricing dept.

2 years ago
    #

The ones on eBay are reproductions, I asked the seller. I bought some and they seem to be good quality.

2 years ago
    #

My BSD came with a set, but I sold them. I think the artwork is butt ugly haha

2 years ago
    #

Thanks for the help Tom....I am in the process of getting the parts I need to get these installed. The artwork is a bit kooky....but I like that kind of stuff.

And yes they are a bit pricey and maybe only cost $1.50 to make....but I don't have the means to do that! So someone is making them...than I am buying! This is the cycle....and how we all stay in business....I am ok with that

2 years ago
    #

can someone post a picture so I have a clue what you guys are talking about

2 years ago
    #

Here is the set I picked up. They go on and above the sling shot plastics....extending a bit over the outlanes towards the flippers. I took a pic these on top of the glass to give you an idea how they will look...when i get them dialed in.

2 years ago
    #

Very cool

2 years ago
    #

They're definitely reproductions, but in good quality and they do look good. That being said, I think they are overpriced and the seller never really tells you on the eBay page that they are reproductions. I had the same problem mounting mine as well, even with the posts ordered. But, I was able to stick them on using only (1) screw a piece and it seems to be staying very well.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.

© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple