playfield2.jpg
playfield1.jpg
insidecab.jpg
outsidecab.jpg
1000x500px-LL-5af8a1d2_523ac920_beatin.jpg
PDR_0069.JPG
011.JPG
Doctor_Who_006.JPG
There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 12 years ago

going to look at a BSD on Sunday

Seller claims complete restoration including the following
What do you think it is worth?

Complely stripping the upper playfield, cleaning, then clearcoating with an automotive clearcoat finish. We then applied a new coat of wax, replaced mylar around pop bumpers.
Any Playfield Plastics are NOS. Even the ones that were riveted on were replace3d with the original style rivets.
All small metal parts and hardware on the playfield was polished in a vibrating polisher and look like new!
All new rubbers, and star posts installed.
The inside of the cabinet was washed, cleaned and repainted.
All flippers rebuilt with new plungers, coil stops, sleeves, pivots. The original lightning bolt flipper bats are installed.
The underside of the playfield was meticulously cleaned. The light boards under playfield removed and cleaned, and playfield lenses cleaned from underneath playfield.
New chrome legs and bolts are included. New leg levelers.
All solenoids (not just flippers and pop bumpers) disassembled, cleaned, and new sleeves installed. Pop bumper switches cleaned and adjusted, all pop bumpers have new wafers, and metal and fiber links installed.
All solder connections tested and any with broken or partially broken wires were resoldered.
All optos were cleaned for reliability. The long range optos for the mist ball are new.
All burned or black light bulbs replaced and all new bulbs installed on the upper playfield.
Excellent dot-matrix display.
Complete game testing to assure reliability
Original manual, and premium mirror glazed pinballs are included.

#52 12 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

BSD is rising in price along with everything else. I believe its gonna be rare to find one in great condition below 1.8-2.2k and its very possible for a pimped out one to be 400-500 more.

The one I and the one B_R has is very similar and I wouldnt take any less than 2.5k for mine!

Is Yr BSD still up for Grab's Chad ?

#53 12 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

going to look at a BSD on Sunday
Seller claims complete restoration including the following
What do you think it is worth?

Complely stripping the upper playfield, cleaning, then clearcoating with an automotive clearcoat finish. We then applied a new coat of wax, replaced mylar around pop bumpers.
Any Playfield Plastics are NOS. Even the ones that were riveted on were replace3d with the original style rivets.
All small metal parts and hardware on the playfield was polished in a vibrating polisher and look like new!
All new rubbers, and star posts installed.
The inside of the cabinet was washed, cleaned and repainted.
All flippers rebuilt with new plungers, coil stops, sleeves, pivots. The original lightning bolt flipper bats are installed.
The underside of the playfield was meticulously cleaned. The light boards under playfield removed and cleaned, and playfield lenses cleaned from underneath playfield.
New chrome legs and bolts are included. New leg levelers.
All solenoids (not just flippers and pop bumpers) disassembled, cleaned, and new sleeves installed. Pop bumper switches cleaned and adjusted, all pop bumpers have new wafers, and metal and fiber links installed.
All solder connections tested and any with broken or partially broken wires were resoldered.
All optos were cleaned for reliability. The long range optos for the mist ball are new.
All burned or black light bulbs replaced and all new bulbs installed on the upper playfield.
Excellent dot-matrix display.
Complete game testing to assure reliability
Original manual, and premium mirror glazed pinballs are included.

Well, I'm a cynic so I question the ability of this person, because a few things don't add up:

1) You don't put mylar back down over an automotive clear coat

2) You don't wash the inside of a cabinet. You sand it down to get rid of the grime and prep it for painting

3) Noone calls inserts 'lenses'

However, maybe it's just odd advertising with a few out of place words....IF indeed everything was done that was listed, and done correctly, then I'd say around 2.3K. I do not see any mention of cabinet condition and fade, so that may detract from that price.

PS...If this is the one in No VA, it's been for sale for a LONG time.

#54 12 years ago

The pictures he sent me show it as a really clean machine
He said he "replaced mylar around pop bumpers" I will have to ask about that.

It's not in VA

#55 12 years ago

Pictures can be VERY deceiving and I don't trust them save for giving me a very basic idea of the condition of a machine, whether it has potential or is a complete turd. Hopefully it turns out to be great and at a fair price. Good Luck on Sunday!

#56 12 years ago

The Mylar on the pop bumper area would be considered a benefit to some, even with a clear coat.

Robert does high end restoration, an operator with too much time on his hands who is fixing up a machine might look at it differently.

#57 12 years ago

The pictures he sent me show it as a really clean machine
He said he "replaced mylar around pop bumpers" I will have to ask about that.
It's not in VA

Post the pics. If the thing truly is restored and not just shopped, the price is highly debatable. Personally, I would pay more than most people on this board for a he example of this machine, so I don't think you should listen to me. What's he asking for it?

#58 12 years ago

Planking of playfield and magic marker touch ups for 2k no thank you. Maybe I'm too picky.

#59 12 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I know a guy in your area that has a BSD. He's not selling, but he has a standing offer at $2K. Very nice cab, very nice play field. When you buy BSD you have to be VERY careful. There were two companies that made playfieds for the game Lenc Smith and Sun Process.
I would be very hesitant to pick up a BSD with a LS playfield, there was a problem with the wood they used, that's why lots of BSDs have insert chipping and planking. It doesn't mean you can't have a bad SP play field, but your odds are much better.
To tell who made the play field, remove the left instruction card from the aprin and shine a flashlight in there to expose the part number. The part number will end in either LS or SP, you are looking fo the SP.

Just checked my playfield and it's marked CCC (Churchill), so apparently there are 3 playfield manufacturers for BSD. Mine has no planking.

#60 12 years ago

pictures as requested

outsidecab.jpgoutsidecab.jpg insidecab.jpginsidecab.jpg

#61 12 years ago

more pictures

playfield1.jpgplayfield1.jpg playfield2.jpgplayfield2.jpg

#62 12 years ago

I thought it said he repainted the inside cabinet?

#63 12 years ago

more pictures

Attachments playfield2.jpg (204.4 KB, 0 downloads) 3 hours old playfield1.jpg (252.7 KB, 0 downloads) 3 hours old

Look close at the playfield where the ball drops from the shooter lane. Notoriously bad for wear. Id say 1.7k-2.0k

#64 12 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

ChadNC said:BSD is rising in price along with everything else. I believe its gonna be rare to find one in great condition below 1.8-2.2k and its very possible for a pimped out one to be 400-500 more.
The one I and the one B_R has is very similar and I wouldnt take any less than 2.5k for mine!
Is Yr BSD still up for Grab's Chad ?

Right now its in a pending trade deal for the 23rd! If something hapens I will let you know.

#65 12 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

BMore-Pinball said:more pictures
Attachments playfield2.jpg (204.4 KB, 0 downloads) 3 hours old playfield1.jpg (252.7 KB, 0 downloads) 3 hours old
Look close at the playfield where the ball drops from the shooter lane. Notoriously bad for wear. Id say 1.7k-2.0k

I have to confess, I have never played nor seen a BSD in person. I just found this machine and saw it was high on the top 100, So I am going to see it.

That being said, I don't understand what area you are talking about, sorry.

#66 12 years ago

That being said, I don't understand what area you are talking about, sorry.

by the video letters. launch a ball and see where it lands, that's the spot. Mine has it.

#67 12 years ago

Hard to tell much by the pictures as they aren't hi-rez, but what I do see confirms that it's not a high end restoration. That cabinet has not been repainted inside, and the outside has some suspect touchups. The PF doesn't look too bad but I'm concerned by the line at the ramp flap leading into the coffin lock. On a non-CC playfield that comes from the metal ramp flap constantly biting into the PF since that ramp raises and lowers. That line should NOT be there on a properly prepped, restored PF with CC.

#68 12 years ago

So, based on everything I see, I'd buy it for 1.8 to 2.0K.

#69 12 years ago

I take that back....He did 'repaint' the interior of the cabinet....WIRES AND ALL....look at the black bundle of wires above the tilt bob. That's pretty f'in lazy.

#70 12 years ago

Looking at a BSD tomorrow morning too.

This one has some cabinet fade on one side - exposed to the sun a bit. There is a small pencil tip sized hole in the playfield from a screw being driven too far from underneath - not sure how that happened. Playfield has a couple of holes worn through the mylar, but no play field wear.

Last issue is right slingshot not working. Everything else is sound

Wants $1,450 firm

Comments? Thanks

#71 12 years ago

I called about one tonight, he is thinking $1500. DMD is out, right flipper won't flip, he said a switch or two is broken. Part of me is still very tempted.

I offered $2k for both the strange science and BSD. I doubt he is going to call me back.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=19451460&cat=&lpid=2&search=Pinball

#72 12 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

.. I'm concerned by the line at the ramp flap leading into the coffin lock. On a non-CC playfield that comes from the metal ramp flap constantly biting into the PF since that ramp raises and lowers. That line should NOT be there on a properly prepped, restored PF with CC.

He said he put some Mylar over the play field in select locations, that could be a Mylar line you see, I will know tomorrow. Other then that, the pf actually looks very good in the pictures.

He also has an FT & TZ in similar condition

#73 12 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

The PF doesn't look too bad but I'm concerned by the line at the ramp flap leading into the coffin lock. On a non-CC playfield that comes from the metal ramp flap constantly biting into the PF since that ramp raises and lowers. That line should NOT be there on a properly prepped, restored PF with CC.

I looked at the area you were concerned about, it looks like that part was not repaired when the PF was CC but every other part of the PF looks 99% good. The clear coat is smooth over that area so I am not concerned. Machine has 0 cracked plastics, everything looked top notch. Also check that PF on BSD is an SD - thanks to this forum

I made a deal for a delivered price on both the BSD & FT.

#74 12 years ago

Nice, BSD and FT are both awesome games IMO. I have them side by side at my place right now

#75 12 years ago

Right on, Congrats. BSD is next on my list.

#76 12 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

He did 'repaint' the interior of the cabinet....WIRES AND ALL

You mean you should remove things before you paint it? I wonder if he stripped the playfield before he sprayed the clearcoat...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 5.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-price-check/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.