playfield2.jpg
playfield1.jpg
insidecab.jpg
outsidecab.jpg
1000x500px-LL-5af8a1d2_523ac920_beatin.jpg
PDR_0069.JPG
011.JPG
Doctor_Who_006.JPG
There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 12 years ago

Any thoughts on the top end price for this game? One that seems to be in really good condtion both cabinet and playfield based off the pictures I have seen at least. Thanks!

#2 12 years ago

One recently sold here in great condition, listed at 2k. Had a clearcoated playfield and LED kit installed.

A good one can be had for around $1600. One thing you should be aware of is the planking issue with these playfields. For some reason BSD were more prone to this than other Bally/Williams games. There are two types of playfields the SP (Sun Process) and LS (Lenc Smith). The SP playfields are supposedly better.

#3 12 years ago

This one interests me as well. I have seen $3500 for mint and people said too high. Good condition today for $1500.

#4 12 years ago

Ya the one I saw is listed at $2000, from the pictures I see appears to be in really great shape overall. Figure I could hopefully get it for $1,800 but I feel like I would be overpaying a little even there.

#5 12 years ago

I know a guy in your area that has a BSD. He's not selling, but he has a standing offer at $2K. Very nice cab, very nice play field. When you buy BSD you have to be VERY careful. There were two companies that made playfieds for the game Lenc Smith and Sun Process.

I would be very hesitant to pick up a BSD with a LS playfield, there was a problem with the wood they used, that's why lots of BSDs have insert chipping and planking. It doesn't mean you can't have a bad SP play field, but your odds are much better.

To tell who made the play field, remove the left instruction card from the aprin and shine a flashlight in there to expose the part number. The part number will end in either LS or SP, you are looking fo the SP.

#6 12 years ago

I think BSD is a very good game, possible my favourite. Its the only machine I can go to in the morning before leaving for work, and bang out a quick but satisfying game or 3. Did that today in fact. If the condition is really good dont worry about 1-2 hundred I say.

If you are or strive to be a decent player, dont do the abomination of swapping out the lightening flippers. They are part of what will make you keep going back to that game! And the proto sling plastics...yuchhhh!

#7 12 years ago

I agree. I know there is debate about the lightning flippers, but for me I left them on.

Quoted from wbradley:

If you are or strive to be a decent player, dont do the abomination of swapping out the lightening flippers

#8 12 years ago

BSD is Priceless in my Book.. But they can be Had for a Decent price.. There was a BSD listed on Mr Pinball 2-day in Georgia for $ 1500.00 .. The guy said he's had it for Yr's w/ No problem Ever..

#9 12 years ago

I miss mine

#10 12 years ago

So $1,800 is not a bad price in minty condition? Are there any other issues one should know about before purchasing a BSD?

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from wbradley:

If the condition is really good dont worry about 1-2 hundred I say.

Yeah price hunting is fun and all but don't let that much be the hill you die on. In a couple months without it you'll look back and think how little $150ish is.

#12 12 years ago

Mine Will NEVER Leave !!! I'd sell TZ B-4 BSD... This Oct- will be it's 3 Yr Anniversary in the GRG

Doctor_Who_006.JPGDoctor_Who_006.JPG

#13 12 years ago
Quoted from pinnation:

Are there any other issues one should know about before purchasing a BSD?

Run it thru All the Test's , Do the Magnet Test , It will Check Every Opto , also look at the DMD and see if any Prior Error's show , Press the Start Button to Erase those and look for New Error's. And make sure to watch the Mist ball gates on Both sides of the P/F ( make Sure they Open to Capture the ball.) I Know BSD like my Left Hand , if you need any other info PM me and i'll send you my Cell #.

#14 12 years ago

The mist feature can be extensively tested in the setup. Run that. Check the holes for wear, the rats hole especially. Check the power board connectors for crispy GI connectors. Repo ramps are not available for this game, check the ramps carefully. Also, wear sometimes exists in the upper right hand side of the game, where the ball falls into the orbit from the shooter lane.

My game was a little funny in the upper right hand corner, and I've seen it on some others. The right ramp is an up/down ramp. Where the ball transfers from the up/down ramp to the plastic ramp that carries it to the inlane, the up/down ramp was a littler lower. I was worried over time the small bump would crack the plastic ramp. I had to take that corner of the game apart and raise the up/down ramp so it was even with the plastic ramp it was transferring to. Again, since ramps aren't available I would strongly recommend this adjustment.

There aren't a lot of mods for this game. LEDs look particularly horrible in BSD so I wouldn't worry about picking one up with a bunch of "extras."

Quoted from pinnation:

Are there any other issues one should know about before purchasing a BSD?

#15 12 years ago

Thanks Black Rose!! Great room you have there. PM sent.

#16 12 years ago

Jalbert said :
There aren't a lot of mods for this game. LEDs look particularly horrible in BSD so I wouldn't worry about picking one up with a bunch of "extras."

Yr in a World of Yr Own dude !! If Yr Ever In NC , Tarheel Country , Let me Know .

011.JPG011.JPG

Here's 2 Video's of my BSD pinnation , I have the Post Flasher's under the Sling's and I haven't Changed out the Pop's to Blue Yet..

Here's another after I Changed out the Pop's to Blue ,, I'm Loving it !!!

#17 12 years ago

One of the very best (and probably gets my vote as the very best) bang for the buck pins out there.

Prices on this are going up, at least here in SoCal. People are realizing what a great pin it is for the price, so the demand has gone up, and with it, so has the price.

#19 12 years ago

The one I have is unfaded, gorgeous shape. I got it for around 1600-1700 (traded WCS94 for it) I would sell it for around 2500 these days, if I was selling it. It may be the last pin I'd ever sell though, the game plain rules...simple but tough...great sound...awesome multiballs...the challenge just keeps you coming back for more..

#20 12 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Jalbert said :

Yr in a World of Yr Own dude !! If Yr Ever In NC , Tarheel Country , Let me Know . []

What? Do you think he did that just for your benefit, B_R? I can't believe you fell for that trolling.

#21 12 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I know there is debate about the lightning flippers, but for me I left them on.

I got a chuckle out of what guy said about them recently on RGP:

"The world is a better place without those little shit flippers in it.
Those things ruined every game they put them on in an effort to drum
up earnings."

#22 12 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

The one I have is unfaded, gorgeous shape. I got it for around 1600-1700 (traded WCS94 for it) I would sell it for around 2500 these days, if I was selling it. It may be the last pin I'd ever sell though, the game plain rules...simple but tough...great sound...awesome multiballs...the challenge just keeps you coming back for more..

Exactly.

#23 12 years ago

Holy shit with you two. In a very informative post, I said LEDs suck in this game and you make it personal. LEDs suck! LEDs suck! LEDs suck! ESPECIALLY in BSD, TZ, RFM, JD, and ES. There, that's what a troll post looks like. You guys have some issues if you think my negative opinion toward LEDs is an attack against you.

Quoted from davewtf:

What? Do you think he did that just for your benefit, B_R? I can't believe you fell for that trolling.

Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Yr in a World of Yr Own dude !! If Yr Ever In NC , Tarheel Country , Let me Know

#24 12 years ago

I'd agree. On paper, it's a C game. Has very few shots, has very shallow rules, the art is nothing to write home about etc. But the game has "it." It proves that it's not always about the features or what's on paper, sometimes it's the intangible that makes the game.

Quoted from tomdotcom:

It may be the last pin I'd ever sell though, the game plain rules...simple but tough...great sound...awesome multiballs...the challenge just keeps you coming back for more..

I like to play my games how they were shipped, and since they were shipped with lightning flippers that's how I play it. I own the game, I have as many plays as I want, I don't need to achieve 3x multiball every game. However, I do see where he is coming from. I fully understand that some people who play more casually need to replace the flippers just to hit that 3x multiball at all, that's fine too.

Quoted from NM:

I got a chuckle out of what guy said about them recently on RGP:

"The world is a better place without those little shit flippers in it.
Those things ruined every game they put them on in an effort to drum
up earnings."

#25 12 years ago

How is an "opinion" informative?

Opinion's aren't FACTS.

#26 12 years ago

If 9 out of 10 people like Twilight Zone, and you are a newb looking for your first game, you don't find that informative?

Quoted from JWS64:

How is an "opinion" informative?

Opinion's aren't FACTS.

#27 12 years ago

If your informative rant on LED's is any indication I'd definitely say your the one
with "issues".

#28 12 years ago

edit: trolling

#29 12 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I'd agree. On paper, it's a C game. Has very few shots, has very shallow rules, the art is nothing to write home about etc. But the game has "it." It proves that it's not always about the features or what's on paper, sometimes it's the intangible that makes the game.

You said it better than I ever could have.

#30 12 years ago

Where did you even come from? I've provided the OP with a TON of great information, not just BS like look for errors ETC. I told him how to look for a playfield that won't plank in a moisture change, and I gave him insight about a design flaw that could cost him a ramp that there is no repo for.

I suggest to the OP that LEDs suck and all of a sudden I'm a troll. All this from someone who can't comprehend how an "opinion" can be informative. I guess you NC boys like to stick together, but really man, your just silly.

Quoted from JWS64:

If your informative rant on LED's is any indication I'd definitely say your the one
with "issues".

#31 12 years ago

Thanks.

Quoted from RobT:

You said it better than I ever could have.

#32 12 years ago

Yes, us NC boy's do get each other's back.

#33 12 years ago

I got that for sure. But in this case, there was no reason. blackrose hates me, I'm 100% fine with that. It's another thread where he derailed it to attack me personally, and I couldn't care any less. I hope and I'm confident my info helped the OP or someone else. Also, I'll let anyone I damn well please know what my opinion of LEDs are wherever and whenever I want

Quoted from JWS64:

Yes, us NC boy's do get each other's back.

#34 12 years ago

Don't worry jalpert, you're not alone. I too prefer BSD with lightning flippers and without LEDs. The game gets too easy when you take off the lightning flippers and replace them with training wheels.

#35 12 years ago

HAHAHA, good to hear. Us incandescent guys gotta stick together. I hope you don't end up on the same hate train I hopped aboard over it

Quoted from pinb0t:

Don't worry jalpert, you're not alone. I too prefer BSD with lightning flippers and without LEDs. The game gets too easy when you take off the lightning flippers and replace them with training wheels.

#36 12 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

HAHAHA, good to hear. Us incandescent guys gotta stick together. I hope you don't end up on the same hate train I hopped aboard over it []

It's all about Indiana Jones.

Anyhow, great information. I wish i had known some of those things before i got my BSD. Great game, looks awesome with LED's in the inserts.

#37 12 years ago

Your info on BSD was good jalpert. INFO, not opinion.

Your opinion on LED's, was just that, opinion, which of course you're free to spout whenever
and wherever you want.

Don't think however that you're not going to get called out on it when people that love LED's
feel differently.

Many pinsiders have seen and played BR's BSD, and think it's one of the best they've ever
seen and played. Complete with it's LED's installed.

I do think the LED installs done badly can be just that, BAD in the worst kind of way.

I know nothing about any other beef's between you and BR in other threads, haven't read
or kept up with it at all.

I do have a problem when people try to pass their opinions off as FACT. If you're telling a newbie what to look for when buying a pin that's one thing. Trying to inform him/her from the start that LED's suck and stay away from them, that's bogus. Let them make that decision. Let them look at some youtube video's of LED vs incandescent and make that decision.

Love your incandescent's, I have no problem with that. Old school original is great if that's what you like. I'd never say incandescent's suck, because they don't. It's the original look that the pin's started with, I respect that.

See, I can take the high road when it comes to lighting. Either way lit I have no problem with.

I get why some people like what you like, and why other's like LED's. LED's are brighter and add more spark, more bling, more excitement to pinball. That's my opinion, not a fact. And I'd never try and force that on a newb looking for facts in buying his/her first pin.

Saying LED's suck, that's flat out arrogant and close-minded thinking.

#38 12 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

BLACK_ROSE said:Jalbert said :

I Couldn't Help it.. Jalpert is a Non-Supporting Troll, Has no Profile , Never Donated ,, Screw Him..
I Wish Pinside had an Ignore button..

#39 12 years ago

Anyhow, great information. I wish i had known some of those things before i got my BSD. Great game, looks awesome with LED's in the inserts

Don't worry Dave, you are covered...

PDR_0069.JPGPDR_0069.JPG

#40 12 years ago

Let's all simmer down kids. Jalpert said in this game he thought they sucked. Sure he should have thrown a "IMO" in there but his past record shows he's not a lifetime LED hater or anything.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cointaker-led-question

#41 12 years ago

Wait, is this fact or opinion? Sorry, I couldn't help myself The only problem with your statement, besides being untrue, is that it's fact that I added a lot to this conversation.

Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Jalpert is a Non-Supporting Troll,

As long as expressing my opinion is allowed on this board, I'll do it. I expressed my opinion, and then I was personally attacked which is NOT allowed on this board.

Nobody in their right mind would think my statement about LEDs sucking is fact. Nobody took it that way, if you really think that you're the only one.

You know what's arrogant? Thinking that the BSD in question is so awesome looking that it's a FACT that LEDs are superior.

Quoted from JWS64:

Your info on BSD was good jalpert. INFO, not opinion.

Your opinion on LED's, was just that, opinion, which of course you're free to spout whenever
and wherever you want.

Don't think however that you're not going to get called out on it when people that love LED's
feel differently.

Many pinsiders have seen and played BR's BSD, and think it's one of the best they've ever
seen and played. Complete with it's LED's installed.

I do think the LED installs done badly can be just that, BAD in the worst kind of way.

I know nothing about any other beef's between you and BR in other threads, haven't read
or kept up with it at all.

I do have a problem when people try to pass their opinions off as FACT. If you're telling a newbie what to look for when buying a pin that's one thing. Trying to inform him/her from the start that LED's suck and stay away from them, that's bogus. Let them make that decision. Let them look at some youtube video's of LED vs incandescent and make that decision.

Love your incandescent's, I have no problem with that. Old school original is great if that's what you like. I'd never say incandescent's suck, because they don't. It's the original look that the pin's started with, I respect that.

See, I can take the high road when it comes to lighting. Either way lit I have no problem with.

I get why some people like what you like, and why other's like LED's. LED's are brighter and add more spark, more bling, more excitement to pinball. That's my opinion, not a fact. And I'd never try and force that on a newb looking for facts in buying his/her first pin.

Saying LED's suck, that's flat out arrogant and close-minded thinking.

Thank you. I have LEDs in about 1/2 my games. BSD is not one of them.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Let's all simmer down kids. Jalpert said in this game he thought they sucked. Sure he should have thrown a "IMO" in there but his past record shows he's not a lifetime LED hater or anything.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cointaker-led-question

I put LEDs in my IJ 2 weeks ago! I bought the super bright kit from CoinTaker. I'm hoping to find some time this weekend to take them out, I'm very unhappy with the look.

Quoted from davewtf:

It's all about Indiana Jones.

Anyhow, great information. I wish i had known some of those things before i got my BSD. Great game, looks awesome with LED's in the inserts.

To blackrose, and JWS64: Just saying you are taking the high road doesn't make it true. Just saying I'm a troll doesn't make it true. Give the people on here some more credit.

#42 12 years ago

Jalpert, where do you see in any part of my comments where I called you a troll, or said anything about trolling? Sorry bud, wasn't me, didn't post that. Get your facts straight before you post with my forum name attached to it.

Quoted from jalpert:

You know what's arrogant? Thinking that the BSD in question is so awesome looking that it's a FACT that LEDs are superior.

I never said it was a fact that LED's are superior because they look good in BR's BSD. I stated what I did, that many pinsiders have actually played his BSD, and that they comment on how nice it is with them installed.

You don't get to have it both way's. Either they suck or they don't. Then you post that you have LED's in half your games. You state that LED's suck, but you still install them in half your games?

Next thing you'll say is that it's not because you like them but it's for the benefit of all the many guests, visitors and friends that play your pins. Oh, it's because your wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend/children/neighbors children and the cable guy down the street like the way the LED's look. You did it all for the benefit of others...right?

I'm done with you jalpert. There's no discussion possible with you. You make an opinion known, and when you get called on it you spin it to fit your needs.

#43 12 years ago

Good then move on. More like I make an opinion known, then get personally attacked. I didn't spin anything.

Quoted from JWS64:

I'm done with you jalpert. There's no discussion possible with you. You make an opinion known, and when you get called on it you spin it to fit your needs.

Where do you see me saying LEDs suck in all games?

Quoted from jalpert:

Bullshit. LEDs suck in BSD. LEDs suck in IJ. LEDs rock in Congo. LEDs rock in Family Guy. LEDs suck in White Water, LEDs suck in Monster Bash, LEDs rock in TSPP. Do you want me to go down my entire list of games where LEDs suck or not?

Quoted from JWS64:

You don't get to have it both way's. Either they suck or they don't.

Oh, I get it. YOU'VE played that particular machine. And YOU'VE noticed that many people say it's really cool. I haven't played it, I haven't notice people love it, and I've seen pics and I don't love it. Tell me my game sucks, I don't give it shit, do you know why? It's just a game. Do you actually think I said LEDs suck with his game in mind? That's delusional, you actually believe I had him on my mind to the point where I was passive aggressively attacking him. Or maybe I just think LEDs suck in BSD. Hmmmmmm.

Tell me my shit sucks all day, I don't care. Freddy sucks? I can see why you think that, I love it. Am I going to attack you? No, I don't think you're opinions are "facts" and I'm not personally offended by the insults made towards a pinball machine.

Quoted from JWS64:

I never said it was a fact that LED's are superior because they look good in BR's BSD. I stated what I did, that many pinsiders have actually played his BSD, and that they comment on how nice it is with them installed.

#44 12 years ago

so what's a good price for a BSD then? (trainwreck aside)

#45 12 years ago

IMO. Faded cab, nice play field $1,500. Nice cab and nice play field $2,000. Faded cab with some insert issues/planking $1,100. These are based on games I've bought/sold and seen sell for. Not games that were posted for $2K, sold, then I assume they sold for $2K etc.

Quoted from mystic:

so what's a good price for a BSD then?

#46 12 years ago
Quoted from mystic:

so what's a good price for a BSD then? (trainwreck aside)

There isn't a wide range of prices for this title. Beaters get $1500-1600 pretty quickly and excellent but not quite qc only pull 1800-1900. There was a gorgeous bsd on ebay in michigan with a BIN of $2200 that the guy took a best offer of $1800 after it sat for at least two months.

#47 12 years ago

Post edited by herbertbsharp : changed mind

#48 12 years ago

Here ya go jalpert, you win. Here's your prize.

1000x500px-LL-5af8a1d2_523ac920_beatin.jpg1000x500px-LL-5af8a1d2_523ac920_beatin.jpg

#49 12 years ago

BSD is rising in price along with everything else. I believe its gonna be rare to find one in great condition below 1.8-2.2k and its very possible for a pimped out one to be 400-500 more.

The one I and the one B_R has is very similar and I wouldnt take any less than 2.5k for mine!

#50 12 years ago

The difference between you and I is that I contributed to this thread, you showed up just to troll/attack me. Feel proud.

Quoted from JWS64:

Here ya go jalpert, you win. Here's your prize.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 84.99
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-price-check and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.