Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 430 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by RobT
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TS_airplane_autopilot.jpg
    Pants.jpg
    563928_2891644254416_1359540837_313872.jpg
    546282_2891639374294_1359540837_313872.jpg
    479120_2891946301967_1359540837_313878.jpg
    stern_photo.jpg
    _00152170.jpg
    389599_10150710684744244_136972659243_.jpg
    389599_10150710684744244_136972659243_.jpg
    images-3.jpeg
    images-2.jpeg
    097.jpg
    Thorhammer.jpg
    Oooheee.jpeg
    marvel-zombies_(1).jpg
    marvelzombies1.jpg
    There are 430 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.
    #351 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

june/july with gomez's game hitting the line in the fall.

Thanks! Oh man...I would love to have one in the house ny August!

#352 11 years ago

Kevin O'Connor is doing the art work? not a Marvel comic artist I like his work and Judge Dredd is some of my favorite pinball artwork, but I am a bit disappointed.

Any other news on this game? When are we going to see something?

#353 11 years ago

I'm still hoping for comic book style The Toxic Avenger.

#354 11 years ago
    Quoted from mummite:

Kevin O'Connor is doing the art work? not a Marvel comic artist I like his work and Judge Dredd is some of my favorite pinball artwork, but I am a bit disappointed.
    Any other news on this game? When are we going to see something?

MNPinball says pix at the end of next week. Soon.

#355 11 years ago

I heard pics by the end of May. Maybe next Friday, maybe not. In the past, they were going to release pics on certain weeks and they never did. That is one thing I count on, to not count on.

#356 11 years ago
    Quoted from jackal2001:

I heard pics by the end of May. Maybe next Friday, maybe not. In the past, they were going to release pics on certain weeks and they never did. That is one thing I count on, to not count on.

+1 Xmen will be superior to what we have seen in teh past from stern. Building on AC/DC's popularity.

I have heard the le is jammed with 5 interactive toys and the Pro 2. Stern is on the comeback tour. Making fan requested titles. JJP has them in the left lane and there gonna fly down the 1/4 mile together. This is good for all of pinball.

#357 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

jackal2001 said:

+1 Xmen will be superior to what we have seen in teh past from stern. Building on AC/DC's popularity.
    I have heard the le is jammed with 5 interactive toys and the Pro 2. Stern is on the comeback tour. Making fan requested titles. JJP has them in the left lane and there gonna fly down the 1/4 mile together. This is good for all of pinball.

If the pro really is a stripped version and the LE are well limited then I'm out.

#358 11 years ago
    Quoted from spanks_4:

AkumaZeto said:

jackal2001 said:
    If the pro really is a stripped version and the LE are well limited then I'm out.

We all long for the days of full featured games at current Pro prices. The current Pro/LE business seems to be working well for Stern and I expect to see it stick around for a while, at least. Hopefully, they will consider a Premium depending on how preorders for LE's go. I'd go Premium, personally, but will do LE if they don't offer one.

#359 11 years ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

spanks_4 said:AkumaZeto said:
    jackal2001 said:
    We all long for the days of full featured games at current Pro prices. The current Pro/LE business seems to be working well for Stern and I expect to see it stick around for a while, at least. Hopefully, they will consider a Premium depending on how preorders for LE's go. I'd go Premium, personally, but will do LE if they don't offer one.

As Jason stated, the other Jason, Pro and LE only.

#360 11 years ago
    Quoted from jackal2001:

treborlicec said:

jackal2001 said:

I totally understand. I was just thinking that Stern may consider a premium it the LE's go fast. They'd be fools, not to. Why introduce and kill off the premium version after only one game?

#361 11 years ago

jackal2001 said:treborlicec said:
    jackal2001 said:
    I totally understand. I was just thinking that Stern may consider a premium it the LE's go fast. They'd be fools, not to. Why introduce and kill off the premium version after only one game?

Only Gary knows.

#362 11 years ago

I don't really understand the LE business model if they are truly limited in number. I guess it depends on sales figures. I would think AC/DC premium would be the way to go business wise. They can make as many as they want and charge the higher price. * shrug * Either way, I am anxious to see this game. It is keeping me from buying anything else right now.

#363 11 years ago

Voice work will be familiar talent from the actual guys that do the video games and current cartoon/anime so it will be the real deal and a nice plus !

#364 11 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Voice work will be familiar talent from the actual guys that do the video games and current cartoon/anime so it will be the real deal and a nice plus !

More good news. Sounding good.

#365 11 years ago

Well WOZ it is for me then I guess! I really love borgs games/work, but I guess I will be out on this one! If it really is xmen/comic style then I see the price of the LE going sky high like tron and I'm not paying 8K for a damn game or 4K for a half-assed stripped down POS.

#366 11 years ago

Voice work will be familiar talent from the actual guys that do the video games and current cartoon/anime

Pants.jpgPants.jpg

#368 11 years ago
    Quoted from smokedog:

Any idea who is doing the software?

Lonnie. This is my only apprehension, but I'm being optimistic.

#369 11 years ago
    Quoted from spanks_4:

I'm not paying 8K for a damn game or 4K for a half-assed stripped down POS.

and therein lies the problem.....they should be able to produce the same game like JJP and just sell the LE version with a few tweaks at a higher price....like they did with SM and LOTR....come on man!

#370 11 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

spanks_4 said:

and therein lies the problem.....they should be able to produce the same game like JJP and just sell the LE version with a few tweaks at a higher price....like they did with SM and LOTR....come on man!

You can't really compare the 2 scenarios. JJP's base model is the same gameplay wise as their LE, this is true. However, the base model's prices is 6500, where the base model on Stern's are 4300. See where I'm going?

#371 11 years ago

iceman44 said:spanks_4 said:
    You can't really compare the 2 scenarios. JJP's base model is the same gameplay wise as their LE, this is true. However, the base model's prices is 6500, where the base model on Stern's are 4300. See where I'm going?

Base model to top Sellers is 3800

#372 11 years ago

And look at how packed the pf on JJP's game is compared to any other sterns LE's of late... Yeah TF le had a worthless upper PF and some walmart toys woohoo! JJPs game is running around the same as the LE's and is actually packed with stuff you interract with *ballon bumper lower left, two upper pf's, melting which, etc etc etc...*...

I really hope that JJP knocks this one out the park because it will be my first NIB game and will make me save up towards his second game if I like what I see. I also like how Jack gives out updates instead of throwing curve balls every couple days *this makes me want to fly to chicago to bash Jody and garys faces in!!!!* Oh yeah and I get an LCD tv with JJPs game that shows animations as they would actually look for the price....

#373 11 years ago
    Quoted from spanks_4:

And look at how packed the pf on JJP's game is compared to any other sterns LE's of late... Yeah TF le had a worthless upper PF and some walmart toys woohoo! JJPs game is running around the same as the LE's and is actually packed with stuff you interract with *ballon bumper lower left, two upper pf's, melting which, etc etc etc...*...
    I really hope that JJP knocks this one out the park because it will be my first NIB game and will make me save up towards his second game if I like what I see. I also like how Jack gives out updates instead of throwing curve balls every couple days *this makes me want to fly to chicago to bash Jody and garys faces in!!!!*

I hope Jack nails it, too. I want to support him, but not on this theme.

#374 11 years ago

However, the base model's prices is 6500, where the base model on Stern's are 4300. See where I'm going?

Exactly....get rid of the stripped down junk and price it all like JJP.....

or, you could have a "base model" that costs 5,500 depending on what's in it and 1k more for the LE version.......

4500 for stripped down versions versus 8k for LE's is way out of whack.....

#375 11 years ago

$4500 sells a lot of machines. $6500, better built or not prices a lot of folks out.

#376 11 years ago

I think if it was avengers, it would of been out to coincide with the movie - just my thought.
    Not a good move to release it months after the movie has been out.

#377 11 years ago

I just hope the theme is wrapped up all nice on this game. I own TF le and love it, but feel the theme did not get used properly. I mean look @ ST:TNG now that is a pin that has wrapped up a theme perfect! I want it to that quality!

X-men better have a some good one liners "Hey Bub shoot the ball"

#378 11 years ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I think if it was avengers, it would of been out to coincide with the movie - just my thought.
    Not a good move to release it months after the movie has been out.

The movie company doesn't give Stern the material before the movie is released.

#379 11 years ago

At the moment when I compare Stern prices to the Predator pin price, Predator wins.

That said, IM was compellingly addictive so a Borg X-Men could be a winner.

And what happened to Avengers, especially as a music pin could be next????

#380 11 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

At the moment when I compare Stern prices to the Predator pin price, Predator wins.
    That said, IM was compellingly addictive so a Borg X-Men could be a winner.
    And what happened to Avengers, especially as a music pin could be next????

Its widely believed Avengers might be the first LCD pin. Hell it would be sweet if ritchie was doing Resident Evil. After all he does not do cute

#381 11 years ago
    Quoted from smokedog:

The 2 new younger guys are doing software Waison and a new guy, Lonnie is overseeing them and is writing wizard modes. I know the young team are big comic fans and really amped for this title. Similar team effort and excitement like LOTR had.

#382 11 years ago

MNpinball why aren't they doing the unlimited premium run again like they are with ac/dc???

It's almost like gary wants to shoot himself in the foot??

#383 11 years ago
    Quoted from spanks_4:

MNpinball why aren't they doing the unlimited premium run again like they are with ac/dc???
    It's almost like gary wants to shoot himself in the foot??

So you dont Purchase it. Jason does not know that info anymore than anyone else. You think they share there business plan with us lol.

#384 11 years ago

If it's X-Men with O'Connor art, I'm in for an LE. The only other theme that I would shell out for NIB is Ghostbusters.

Very excited; can't wait to see some pics!

#385 11 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

smokedog said:

The 2 new younger guys are doing software Waison and a new guy, Lonnie is overseeing them and is writing wizard modes. I know the young team are big comic fans and really amped for this title. Similar team effort and excitement like LOTR had.

Glad to hear. We need new blood in the rules department. I like how you said wizard modes, plural.

#386 11 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

The 2 new younger guys are doing software Waison and a new guy

This is good to hear If this is the last DMD game I want some KILLER DOTS and audio on this machine! and give us a bunch of skill shot options like TRON! this game better be good or I am going to optic blast the thing!

X-men has a sour spot for me after working on the horrible activision game for the X-men 3 movie game, but man this could be good!

#387 11 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

smokedog said:Any idea who is doing the software?

This is almost the best news possible, although its a real shame Lonnie is writing the wizard modes can guess how those wizard modes will probably play out, shoot "A" 10 times, shoot "B" 10 times, shoot "C" 10 time..... See where I'm going with this. I say give the new guys freedom to shake things up abit and simply let Lonnie oversee them to learn how to write interesting rules. My faith is with the new guys on the rules hopefully some new ideas are allowed to be implemented and Lonnie doesn't over rule anything with shoot there 100 times.

#388 11 years ago

In. I suppose there will be a Brotherhood LE and an X-Men LE. Unlike TF, I have no interest in the bad guys LE on this one.

Who does the best prices on NIB Sterns?

#389 11 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

I googled the X-men Anime since I hadn't heard of it. Not a fan of that art style. I hope the didn't go that way with it.

#390 11 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

treborlicec said:However, the base model's prices is 6500, where the base model on Stern's are 4300. See where I'm going?
    or, you could have a "base model" that costs 5,500 depending on what's in it and 1k more for the LE version.......

I agree with you a hundred percent Ice. Too big of a price difference and too high of an end price of 8K for the LEs.

#391 11 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

iceman44 said:

treborlicec said:However, the base model's prices is 6500, where the base model on Stern's are 4300. See where I'm going?
    I agree with you a hundred percent Ice. Too big of a price difference and too high of an end price of 8K for the LEs.

8K is ridiculous, I agree. Most distributors give much better pricing than that, as most of us already know. Generally, only the non collector public is going to pay retail for the games.

#392 11 years ago

mnpinball said:Voice work will be familiar talent from the actual guys that do the video games and current cartoon/anime so it will be the real deal and a nice plus !
    I googled the X-men Anime since I hadn't heard of it. Not a fan of that art style. I hope the didn't go that way with it.

He said voice work not art,

#393 11 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

My faith is with the new guys on the rules hopefully some new ideas are allowed to be implemented and Lonnie doesn't over rule anything with shoot there 100 times.

I agree this should be tried!BUT experience is hard to beat...

#394 11 years ago

I agree with a lot of the guys here - why can't the LE just be custom looking with maybe some unique plastics, trim, back glass and all the games have the same gameplay.

As for the price it kills us in cost AC/DC LE went for $9200.

#395 11 years ago

Most people did not pay $9200. Call JJ ( gexchange) at game exchange of Colorado. Ignore his posted prices and talk to him personally. As low as the other two recommended best prices but with AWESOME service

#396 11 years ago

The $9200 is Australian prices, sorry should have been clearer. It's just whatever they do in the US, it costs us about $2k more.

#397 11 years ago

8K is ridiculous, I agree. Most distributors give much better pricing than that, as most of us already know. Generally, only the non collector public is going to pay retail for the games.

I agree but give it a year and new LCD screens. Considering Sterns recent pricing trend it is not crazy to think they will be in that range sooner rather than later.

#398 11 years ago

Hand drawn artwork is what has been missing from pins for a long time, very much looking forward to something truly original and well integrated vs clip-art.

I'm a bit soured on the whole LE business model, I think Stern actually shoots themselves in the foot with it. If the demand is high, it's the aftermarket price that goes up, no benefit to Stern (re: Tron). If they hype up an LE version and get their 500 pre-orders and customers are disappointed because of less toys than promised or game play is lackluster, because no one gets to play it before purchasing, thus the risk/reward will diminish for customers. (re: TF)

The premium model makes much sense... produce enough to meet the demand, no more, no less, and everyone is happy.

#399 11 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

The premium model makes much sense... produce enough to meet the demand, no more, no less, and everyone is happy

Brilliant!

There are 430 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/borgs-latest/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.