1390142140596.jpg
20140113_191949.jpg
Addams Family & Black Rose 025.JPG
Addams Family & Black Rose 033.JPG
Addams Family & Black Rose 004.JPG
Addams Family & Black Rose 007.JPG
Green star post.jpg
PC170017.JPG
There are 172 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 10 years ago

Just got a Black Rose and its the most brutal game Ive ever played. It has lightning flippers and seems to be drawn to the drain lane. At the risk of being mocked Im going to have to make some adjustments. The PF is perfect though I assume it is because you could never keep a ball on it.

3/11 update. Did a full PF teardown and clean. All LEDs new rubbers new balls replaced a few parts super cleaned everything still will not stay out of the drains. If you want a beautiful pin your friends and family will hate this is it. its just awful to play. Ill trade for something similar. Please no silly offers. Not looking to lose.

Might have a friend put it on location. Its got a bill changer already. 5 balls for .50 3 credits for a buck. 15 balls would last about a minute to a minute and a half. its sure a good looking machine.P3110170.JPGP3110170.JPGP3110171.JPGP3110171.JPG

#2 10 years ago

I tried lowering the back leg levelers on mine to make the ball go slower...didn't seem to work Its a young mans game for sure.

#3 10 years ago

Think im gonna replace the flippers and adjust the drain lanes.

#4 10 years ago

PC170017.JPGPC170017.JPGPC170016.JPGPC170016.JPG

#5 10 years ago

Great game, unique rules and feel, tough especially with the lightning flippers, but you want it to be a challenge!!

2 weeks later
#6 10 years ago

I adjusted my legs on this game, it was drowning too much for me as well. But mine doesnt have too fast of flippers, let me know if your adjustments worked! Your SINK SHIP is gorgeous and clean! How is your cabinet holding up?

#7 10 years ago

I did the adjustments and its still a drainer. My family really dislikes the game cause the balls just roll down the drains. Not much fun at all. Again I assume the PF looks so nice cause the average ball time is under 10 seconds.

#8 10 years ago

change it to the full size black flippers.........

#9 10 years ago

This sounds funny, but my bf put the back legs in the front once and it didnt play right (obviously). I havent had any issues since figuring out that issue! lol Im sorry your game isnt doing well

#10 10 years ago

The flippers aren't the problem. The drain lanes are like magnets. Ive never seen anything like it.

#11 10 years ago

You can put a larger diameter rubber on the outlane posts , this can help

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

I've done that before also. There is no adjustment on the outlanes?

#13 10 years ago

How about like bumper bowling? Ive often wanted to try bumper pinball....no drain lanes!

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Sturgis09:

How about like bumper bowling? Ive often wanted to try bumper pinball....no drain lanes

I did that with my Zizzle Pirates of the Carribbean. That game was so impossible I snapped and taped off the outlanes. It was still nearly impossible to get to wizard mode.

#15 10 years ago

I adjusted them as far in as I could.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

I did that with my Zizzle Pirates of the Carribbean. That game was so impossible I snapped and taped off the outlanes. It was still nearly impossible to get to wizard mode.

Thats pretty awesome though! Im a pretty bad pinball player but I do have my moments. The first time I played Twilight Zone I thought I was pretty amazing! lol Being a blonde can be fun!

#17 10 years ago

I guess I hadn't noticed mine being a drainer...though I do nudge my machine a bit.

#18 10 years ago

With properly serviced flippers this game is easy to me despite being a fast drainer... Just keep hitting the whirlpool ramp, using that to collect your lock letters on the inlane. Start multiball, just keep looping that whirlpool ramp. An easy and safe shot...

#19 10 years ago

I do notice this is the most difficult multiball I've ever played!

#20 10 years ago

Do you have the center peg in? The one between the flippers? You can put a bigger rubber on it.

Doesn't seem to be a drainer for me.

#21 10 years ago

There is no center peg. The problem is the drain lanes esp the right one.

#22 10 years ago

If you're not enjoying the game, sell it! (to me)

#23 10 years ago

Strange. The one my dad has includes a center pin.

#24 10 years ago

I think the prototype machines have the center peg. Mine does not and yes it can be a drain monster. Some days I love it other days it drives me nuts. It can play incredibly difficult. Fun game though mine may be up for sale in the near future to fund another game.

#25 10 years ago

Mine does not have a center peg. I sure do love those center peg games!

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Digimatt:

I think the prototype machines have the center peg. Mine does not and yes it can be a drain monster. Some days I love it other days it drives me nuts. It can play incredibly difficult. Fun game though mine may be up for sale in the near future to fund another game.

Oh you have a ToM. I'm green jealous!

#27 10 years ago

It is a hard game, but I really liked it, and once you REALLY learn all of the rules (3 ball multiball, how to light the letters in sink ship like crazy) it is a super fun game. Lightning flippers do not belong in that game though, ditch em.

#28 10 years ago

If your draining in the outlanes you probably should increase the angle, not decrease. BR should play pretty fast IMO. Also make sure your outlanes are set the smallest, factory is middle i think. There are 3 positions on each side outlane.

#29 10 years ago

I already adjusted the drain lanes. Ill try to increase the angle.

#30 10 years ago

Just played 2 games. 3 balls per game. Counting the times I shot the ball and it went right down the right drain "you gets another chance" went down the right drain 7 times down the left 4 times. This game sucks.

#31 10 years ago

My family uses Black Rose as a slang word. Instead of saying something sucks or whatever now "its like playing Black Rose" Anything bad is compared to the game. Guess at least everybody is enjoying it somehow.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Just played 2 games. 3 balls per game. Counting the times I shot the ball and it went right down the right drain "you gets another chance" went down the right drain 7 times down the left 4 times. This game sucks.

Hmmm, this just doesn't seem right. I may be going to look at a Black Rose soon. Guess I better play it a bit before I buy huh?

#33 10 years ago

Yeah. When I was at the guys house I turned it on shot the ball 4 times went straight down the right drain. I finally took the glass off to bounce the ball around. I was just amazed how perfect the PF was. It looks brand new. Machine is in great shape and is beautiful.

#34 10 years ago

You want to sell it? I will be in STL this weekend

#35 10 years ago

I wouldn't sell it Id feel too bad. be like selling a crap car to someone.

#36 10 years ago

A couple of things...is it leveled side to side, if so perhaps skew it a bit making the LHS a little higher.

Can you re-drill (move) the LHS movable post hole to make the drain opening a little smaller, or is there an insert in the way?

Robert

#37 10 years ago

I love crap. Ship that piece of crap to me for $1000.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

A couple of things...is it leveled side to side, if so perhaps skew it a bit making the LHS a little higher.
Can you re-drill (move) the LHS movable post hole to make the drain opening a little smaller, or is there an insert in the way?
Robert

That was my original thought, not level. Just seemed obvious to me that would be the 1st thing to be checked, especially if its that bad on one side.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

I wouldn't sell it Id feel too bad. be like selling a crap car to someone.

Haha, I actually do want to buy one and I am serious, so if you are interested, let me know. I will be up there Sunday, with cash

#40 10 years ago

I joke about it being a piece of crap but tell me how much you want for it shipped.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

I noticed the metal posts when looking at the picture, how about changing them to a single star post instead? They are wider. Also I think it would look nicer.

#42 10 years ago

Green star post.jpgGreen star post.jpg

#43 10 years ago

Learn what shots are drain shots. Key to being a good player...

Also make sure it's level as others have said.

#44 10 years ago

Have you leveled it on the actual playfield? Is it level in the aback and the front?

#45 10 years ago

Leveling it wouldnt make a difference as it goes to both drains. When you shoot the ball it goes straight for the right drain. Ive adjusted how I shoot it any way I can think of its like theres a magnet under the PF on both sides. Im a pretty good player bought my first machine in 1994 been playing since I was a kid. We have a few machines and we all play a lot. like the star post idea.

#46 10 years ago

Ive got just under 2 grand in this machine. Wanna pay that for a drainer?? I would trade for a Judge dredd though.

#47 10 years ago

Put it out on site. Sounds like a good earner

#48 10 years ago

Terrible game, there's no saving it. Cut your losses and dump it asap

#49 10 years ago

Be a great on-site game. I could d 5 balls for a quarter average game would last 45 seconds.

#50 10 years ago

It is like a big tease. The PF looks new and the cannon works perfect. I was gonna put a cliffy on it but it looks like you have to take the cannon out and I wouldn't want to change it. I was told that is the main problem with this game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 40.00
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.95
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 172 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-rose-is-a-tough-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.