(Topic ID: 52196)

Black Knight Repair Help (fuse and wire question)

By Tsskinne

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by boydsc331
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
13.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
DSCN1460.JPG
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago

Hey guys I just got home from working at the bar. I'll take everything off Sunday and put up some close detailed pictures using real camera instead of just iPhone. Buddy who replaced my battery on Mario repairs hospital equipment for his day job and said he would help me with the soldering since he has a real nice setup. Again truly appreciate the help, and patience as people help others to learn the hobby.

#52 10 years ago

Uploaded pictures to photobucket in a few highlighted a chip and socket that do not appear original and look to have questionable solder joints. Anyone who has the time to check them out and let me know what you think please do. For the most part they looked ok to me, with some I believe oxidation on another part. Thanks.

http://photobucket.com/albums/w638/tsskinne

#53 10 years ago

Ok so did some testing on the game tonight....replaced f2 fuse. Started game and played, fuse blew within first couple minutes, usually first or second ball each time. I was trying to see if it was a particular solenoid or action causing it to blow. Finally just took the ball and used it with my hand rolling to test everything..fired as many as I could as fast as I could and couldn't get it to blow. Finally had my friend play while I watched the fuse. It blows when flippers are being used only....does this help anyone diagnose anything?

2 weeks later
#54 10 years ago

Boards are on the bench right now, and as expected it was mostly the 40pin. Typical short-ground backside on the CPU board in this case. Couple blown TIP120's on top of that.

-Hans

#55 10 years ago

Hans is the man....looking forward to battling the black knight again!

#56 10 years ago

Hans got boards this evening. Hooked up and started a game. A bit into it the bell is going off and won't stop ringing. When is happened my magnets are also becoming active and locked on....Amy idea what's going on?

9 months later
#57 10 years ago

OMG you guys ! what happened ? 9 months later and no update ?? i gotta hear the end of this story, as i just picked up a black knight project machine and its blowing f2 fuse. lol

#58 10 years ago

Agreed, I'd like to know whatever happened to the game!

Well, boydsc331, it looks like you're going to be have the pleasure of reflowing the solder on the 40 pin connectors! Sounds like that was one of the primary culprits besides a couple transistors etc...

#59 10 years ago

looks like youre right frunch about the 40 pin but what really scares me is what happens when i do get it up and running ? will the black knight come to life and lance me ???? heres another one im dying to know the ending to.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/project-black-knight-buy-or-pass

what happened ? 2 years and no update ???????????

#60 10 years ago

Well, I can tell you from personal experience that the Knight will kick your ass--and taunt you while he's at it! He's well-despised in my house! Let us know if you have any success after reflowing the 40-pin connector!

I hear ya though, it's always disappointing to read an interesting thread, just to get no conclusion...

1 week later
#61 9 years ago

Sorry, sent board out for repair, had a few blown transistors I believe is what the problem was, played the game for a few more months but since there is one at the local arcade and I found something else I wanted more I sold it, I believe for $700, maybe $750 and then I also sold the CPR playfield that I had acquired separately since the new owner wasn't interested that went to Kruzman who was going to fix the mistakes and get it looking great, not sure where it stands now though because I know he has been super busy and backed up on work.

1 week later
#62 9 years ago

thanks for the update tsskinne. not the endind i was hoping for but it will do. lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 1,059.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vista, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-repair-help-fuse-and-wire-question/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.