bth_38659358.gif
finish him stooges.gif
pindude.jpg
im just gonna go find a cash machine.jpg
TBL I am ready.jpg
image-165.jpg
super walter.JPG
TBL rug.jpg

There are 853 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 18.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

What if it's a clever hoax to F with my emotions Smokie?

Seriously, how can someone thumb down this classic movie post?!?!

Play with my money, is like playing with my emotions!

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

It's a riddle
First post your name
Then your country
Then your email
Done

Thanks man!

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

What if it's a clever hoax to F with my emotions Smokie?

image.jpg 80 KB

It seems to me someone is pulling your leg.

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from mikeincali:

The Sobcheck model doesn't work on shomer shabbos

Can't be played at all in Malibu.

#55 10 years ago

I heard that it's a retheme - base game is Lost Vegas.

#56 10 years ago

I'm in! If this happens, it's my first NIB. When I was in the army my roomate and I skipped formation so we could see this movie before we went to the field. Yes, we were wrong but the movie was so right. Some things are worth getting in trouble over?

#57 10 years ago

Yessssss, I'm gonna blend myself a caucasian right now to celebrate!

#58 10 years ago

I heard the entire thing is an elaborate hoax by the one and only Bakushan...

#59 10 years ago

Whoever bought the domain name of dudepinball.com did it only 12 days ago on October 7.

http://who.godaddy.com/whois.aspx?domain=dudepinball.com

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

The person/company behind this campaign is very clever.

So it's not Stern or JJP.

#61 10 years ago

Never seen the movie is it any good?

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Yes. But that's just like, my opinion, man.

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

You have to watch it at least 3 times the first time it is kind of disjointed and doesn't make a lot of sense, you're like a child that wanders in...

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

What the what!? Go watch it now!

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Has a cult following. It's big in my family. Hilarious IMO.

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

#68 10 years ago

Watched it once. Thought it was good, not great. Watched a second time and thought it was better. STILL, I would never buy a TBL pin. Sorry.

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

» YouTube video

That ... is ... awesome! lol. Thanks for sharing that.

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from boo32:

I don't roll on Shabbat!

And yet you "post" on the Sabbath? Oyyy, if my mother only knew!!!

#71 10 years ago

Remake of 'Dr. Dude'?

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

Remake of 'Dr. Dude'?

I am IN for that one!

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Watched it once. Thought it was good, not great. Watched a second time and thought it was better. STILL, I would never buy a TBL pin. Sorry.

Twice != Thrice.

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Seriously.

There are aspects of this that have "hoax" written all over it.

Not necessarily by Bakushan, but...

#75 10 years ago

Better start shinning these balls

image-583.jpgimage-583.jpg
#76 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Kinda like the Rocky Horror Picture Show in that respect. But it was your only chance to see Susan Sarandon totally nude when she was hot!

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

TheJesus.gifTheJesus.gif

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Seriously.
There are aspects of this that have "hoax" written all over it.
Not necessarily by Bakushan, but...

Come on... Would a hoax blow money to hire professional promo girls in hand made custom outfits, a full page ad, color flyers and a photo studio to take the promotional pics along with a clean professionally designed website????

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

8 year olds Dude.

#80 10 years ago

image-732.jpgimage-732.jpg
#81 10 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Nope. Terrible. That's why everyone is talking about it and quoting it. Great question.

#82 10 years ago

The sad thing is if this is a hoax, they totally outclassed any pinball marketing that has ever happened to date.

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The sad thing is if this is a hoax, they totally outclassed any pinball marketing that has ever happened to date.

LOL... Yep

This is marketing at a level beyond the pinball community. I'm just saying. This is more in line with a movie release...

Never too late to learn. Competition shall breed new forms of marketing as builders compete for our extra money. About to get awesome in pinball land.

#84 10 years ago

marketers suck! Pinheads don't need a company wasting time and money on silly things like viral flop marketing.

If this company is even real then they are really stupid in 3 ways.
1.TBL does not need ANY marketing. The game (if done well) will sell itself.
2. 70 days is silly long. It creates a ohhh look TBL may get made but all the questions wanted are lft unanswered for way too long. If they were smart they would try to keep people ingaged for the next 70 days. Reveal a portion of the game each 5 days. Reveal the designer at 35. You get the idea.
3. They are ONLY marketing to the hardcore pinball crowd at this point and we don't want any company wasting $$$ on advertising. We are a critical bunch and rightfully so we want the $$$ spent on the game itself.

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

marketers suck! Pinheads don't need a company wasting time and money on silly things like viral flop marketing.
2. 70 days is silly long. It creates a ohhh look TBL may get made but all the questions wanted are lft unanswered for way too long. If they were smart they would try to keep people ingaged for the next 70 days. Reveal a portion of the game each 5 days. Reveal the designer at 35. You get the idea.
3. They are ONLY marketing to the hardcore pinball crowd at this point and we don't want any company wasting $$$ on advertising. We are a critical bunch and rightfully so we want the $$$ spent on the game itself.

All will be revealed soon enough, dude.

#86 10 years ago

Hoax or not...I would buy a Lebowski pin. Even if I AM out of my element.

#87 10 years ago

#4 >> the real market for TBL is NOT pinheads. It is the TBL hardcores and this company has not marketed anywhere BUT expo.

#88 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Not sure I agree here.
1)Expo is a place for big announcements and hoopla. If you're 70 days out from being able to show anything, you've just missed the single largest pinball event by doing nothing.
2)We've seen what happens when the community gets sneak peaks of anything. Go read the Predator thread. See you in 3 months.
3)All companies have to spend something on advertising. I don't think a one page site, a couple of girls in uniform and some pamphlets is crazy. If I was making a new pinball machine I would want anyone to buy it... not just the hardcore pinball crowd.

Just sayin

#89 10 years ago

Shut the F*ck up Donnie! My dream is coming true!

I hope they look at the TBL thread that was posted a few months back regarding interest. I think I am #57 from RTR's poll....guess its time to get the check book out..and sell the car!

#90 10 years ago

Just registered and noticed the countdown clock...looks like something is happening on the 27th of December? Maybe?

#91 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Come on... Would a hoax blow money to hire professional promo girls in hand made custom outfits, a full page ad, color flyers and a photo studio to take the promotional pics along with a clean professionally designed website????

You are probably right, that's more money than I might expect someone to spend on a hoax. But Whysnow did call it an "elaborate" hoax. That takes money!

Quoted from frolic:

Quoted from Jared:

LOL... Yep
This is marketing at a level beyond the pinball community. I'm just saying. This is more in line with a movie release...

Never too late to learn. Competition shall breed new forms of marketing as builders compete for our extra money. About to get awesome in pinball land.

Which, again, points to the fact that this could be a hoax!

#92 10 years ago

I hope it is a hoax just because I love a good and well played joke.

Plenty of well to do guys in pinball that also have a cruel but somewhat funny sense of humor

I also hope it is real, is not yet another one of these pay me now get your game later schemes, is a good designer and programmer team, and the game rocks because I love the theme!

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

I'm confused about one thing... if these girls were dressed up handing out flyers at the expo... why aren't there a bunch of impromptu pics put up here by others? I would assume guys would be using those camera phones like crazy... "goils! at a pinball show! wth?"

Instead I've only seen one staged pic?

Are you the only one that saw this?

#94 10 years ago

Others will chime in... They were real... And they were there....

How did you like the outfits?

#95 10 years ago

Jeez, I hope that these guys actually have something tangible to show at the end of the 70 days or this is gonna be real disappointing.

#96 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

#4 >> the real market for TBL is NOT pinheads. It is the TBL hardcores and this company has not marketed anywhere BUT expo.

If you took one of these games to Lebowskifest it would be played nonstop and a bunch of them would sell there.
It would also make coin in a bowling alley, obviously they are not golfers.

#97 10 years ago

70 days is a long ass time for people to speculate and picture how the game will be, only to be severely let down at first reveal. Building hype is good, but this could really backfire if they are in fact making a Lebowski pin.

#98 10 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

70 days is a long ass time for people to speculate and picture how the game will be, only to be severely let down at first reveal. Building hype is good, but this could really backfire if they are in fact making a Lebowski pin.

Couldn't agree more.

Put it out a week or two. 70 days?

#99 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Couldn't agree more.
Put it out a week or two. 70 days?

Agreed, unless they leak information at crucial moments in the meantime. Viral campaign can be efficient...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Mead, CO
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods
Decals
There are 853 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-lebowski-pinball-confirmed-viral-campaign-in-effect/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.