holmes.jpg
modest-big-dick.jpg
big_dick_front.JPG
BD_3.jpg
BD_4.jpg
BD_5.jpg
BD_2.jpg
BD_1.jpg
There are 134 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 10 years ago

Today I purchased a Big Dick (William's Big Deal conversion) pinball machine that is much to raunchy for me to even consider keeping. Mine isn't painted like the one on IPDB mine is in a Bid Deal cabinet so it must be one of the rare Dave Christensen backglasses produced and installed in a Big Deal cabinet.

Due to the graphic backglass I will not send pictures but you can get a pretty good idea what this machine is about on IPDB. If you think the backglass is over the top on IPDB you should see it in person. I love women, I love art, and I try to keep an open mind about things but there is no way I could ever keep this machine. I think this backglass would make Hugh Hefner blush!

Anyway - I would love to preserve this piece of pinball history but I am not sure how I feel about selling this somewhere like eBay. Any idea what something like this is worth or how best to offer it for sale without feeling like I am headed directly to hell? I am sure someone would love to own it but it just isn't something I would want in our house.

#2 10 years ago

Talk about the ultimate game for a private man cave. Ha! Put it up for sale here and PM pictures to people who ask. What sort of condition is it in?

I have a friend in New Orleans with one of the backglasses you have (he posts here on Pinside regularly). He bought his off Ebay but I have forgotten the price.

Moved to buying and selling advice sub forum.

#3 10 years ago

I'm guessing it's rare enough to be out of my price range, but would be curious to know how much you want for it.

#4 10 years ago

Who doesn't love a Big Dick?

Try selling it with a flyer on your local supermarket billboard, see how many phone calls you get!

All kidding aside, why did you purchase it in the first place, if you find it too raunchy to keep it around?

#5 10 years ago

I'm guessing your "wurlco" since only 4 were made, and one is in PA. That's uhh, an interesting backglass, reminds me of those nudie playing cards

#6 10 years ago

i wanted to ask that quesrion as well... why buy it in first place?

it's not that raunchy... and i doubt hugh blushes that easily...

i'd love to have it, but it would be WAY out of my price range...

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

Today I purchased a Big Dick (William's Big Deal conversion) pinball machine that is much to raunchy for me to even consider keeping. Mine isn't painted like the one on IPDB mine is in a Bid Deal cabinet so it must be one of the rare Dave Christensen backglasses produced and installed in a Big Deal cabinet.
Due to the graphic backglass I will not send pictures but you can get a pretty good idea what this machine is about on IPDB. If you think the backglass is over the top on IPDB you should see it in person. I love women, I love art, and I try to keep an open mind about things but there is no way I could ever keep this machine. I think this backglass would make Hugh Hefner blush!
Anyway - I would love to preserve this piece of pinball history but I am not sure how I feel about selling this somewhere like eBay. Any idea what something like this is worth or how best to offer it for sale without feeling like I am headed directly to hell? I am sure someone would love to own it but it just isn't something I would want in our house.

I built a Big Dick machine about 15 years ago using a repro. backglass from Herb Silvers and repainted the cabinet the same color scheme as the original Big Deal. All metal parts were brass plated. I operated the game in a bar in Washington, Missouri for a while. It did not make a lot of money but it became quite the talk of the town with many people coming into the bar just to see and photograph it. I later sold the game to Joe Fela in New Jersey. Could your game possibly be mine?

#8 10 years ago

How much is this game worth? It might just be worth it for the novelty if it's affordable. Any video (not your machine but generally)? It would be nice to authenticate my dirty shameless mouth by purchasing a machine that is only 1/9th as vile as me.

#9 10 years ago

I didn't even see the backglass when I bought this machine today and it wasn't until I got it home and started unloading some of the machines & stuff I bought that I actually got a good look at the backglass. Since it was part of a "group purchase" I just made the deal and loaded machines without really looking closely at everything.

Once I got it unloaded I realized it wasn't something I would really want to have around so now I would love to find a buyer for a quick sale. Backglass looks to be pretty much flawless but machine would need restoration. Cabinet is solid but should be repainted, playfield is complete and all plastics looked good (looking quickly at it) but there is some planking & wear.

Like any smart person or good business person I love to make money so I would like to get a fair price out of it but I also want to be fair with the buyer. Quicker sale will be best for me so if anyone wants to make me an offer and could come get it this weekend I would love to see someone who would enjoy it own it. Just not a machine I need in our collection but I am sure there are plenty of people who would love to own it. I would also consider a trade for something a little more family friendly.

#10 10 years ago

Alright I'm going to check your location and see how far I am and then tomorrow I'm going to call someone more knowledgable on the game itself. If I can afford it and the price is fair for both of us. I'll let you know. I have dog obedience and a family occasion tomorrow so if you don't mind waiting until Sunday for a response that would be nice. Of course if someone offers you cash right away I respect that and go for it. GL man! You're like over one but probably less than 2 hours away with traffic. If I can spare the money travel is not an issue.

Post edited by FiveSixPyro

#11 10 years ago

For anyone interested my zip is 17013 and we are about a mile off I-81 just south of Carlisle, PA

#12 10 years ago

I would love to see some pics of this
*goes to ipdb*

#13 10 years ago

Holy shiite. lol

#14 10 years ago

I took a few pictures just to give some of you who have requested more info. an idea what the backglass condition & playfield condition are like. I didn't take any pictures of the graphic areas of the front of the backglass so as not to offend anyone. But I did take 1 corner shot of the backglass to give you an idea of paint condition and paint colors.

The picture of the back side of the backglass shows a bunched up paper towel on the upper left corner. It appears this was put there to hold the backglass away from the metal bracket. This isn't an issue on the backglass, just a crude attempt to hold the backglass in place that someone placed there years ago.

BD_1.jpgBD_1.jpg BD_2.jpgBD_2.jpg

#15 10 years ago

Here are a few more quick pictures of the machine itself. If anyone wants more pictures, or better pictures, PM me and I'll get them sent to you in the morning. Be sure to include your email address in the PM so I can attach the pics.

BD_5.jpgBD_5.jpg BD_4.jpgBD_4.jpg BD_3.jpgBD_3.jpg

#16 10 years ago

I'm not sure what make this a big dick and not just a big deal with a BD backglass.

#17 10 years ago

Basically, if I'm understanding it correctly, there were only 4 Big Dick pinball machines ever sold. I'm not claiming this is one of those, and as I stated in my original post-- this is a Big Deal machine with a Big Dick backglass. But the fact is, all Big Dick pinball machines were just Big Deal pinball machines with cabinet repainted and Big Dick backglasses installed.

Again, if I'm understanding correctly, each of the 4 original Big Dick machines were unique. I don't know if the cabinet artwork was unique on each, but on the flyer it states that each machine is customized to buyer's specifications.

#18 10 years ago

There were 250 Big Dick backglasses sold.

So your game is a Big Deal, with one of 250 Big Dick backglasses installed.

#19 10 years ago

The 4 real Big Dicks are brass plated and have a little sign on the coin doors

big_dick_front.JPGbig_dick_front.JPG

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Didn't realize that. I thought the number was around 20 Big Dick backglasses made. Were they reproduced to the higher number or were there always 250? Thanks.

#21 10 years ago

I remember Gene telling me that there was only the orig 250 made.

He still has them for sale at the shows, so if you are going to Expo, hit up Gene's open house on the weekend.

#22 10 years ago

Anybody have a flyer for sale?

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

So your game is a Big Deal, with one of 250 Big Dick backglasses installed.

Pretty much exactly what I said in the original listing.

"Today I purchased a Big Dick (William's Big Deal conversion) pinball machine that is much to raunchy for me to even consider keeping. Mine isn't painted like the one on IPDB mine is in a Bid Deal cabinet so it must be one of the rare Dave Christensen backglasses produced and installed in a Big Deal cabinet."

No one ever said it was one of the 4 originals. But I still need to get some idea of value and to find a buyer for it fairly quickly. I really don't want this around any longer than necessary so I would love to establish a "fair" selling price and get it sold ASAP.

I do have a couple offers and it will be sold to someone who can pick it up this weekend - if possible. I don't mind holding it for a few days until someone can come get it I just don't need to own it - it doesn't fit the family friendly theme of our gameroom.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Anybody have a flyer for sale?

Don't have an extra for sale but here's the flyer:
http://www.nypinball.com/brochures_details.php?br=456
I thought there were 5 made, can 4 be confirmed?

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

Don't have an extra for sale but here's the flyer:
http://www.nypinball.com/brochures_details.php?br=456
I thought there were 5 made, can 4 be confirmed?

Now that pinball machine would be a conversation starter ...

"Have you seen my Big Dick?"

Sort of machine Glen Quagmire would have in his pad ...

rd.

#26 10 years ago

Hi again guys - just to make things clear about this machine. I am not looking for thousands of dollars for it or anything. I just want to see it gone at a "fair" price and someone owning it that will enjoy it. It is just not something I want around. So if you are close enough to come get it fairly quickly make me an offer and who ever can come get it the soonest at a decent price will own it.

With cabinet restored and playfield cleaned up a little this would make a nice addition to someones collection that doesn't have younger people visiting their gameroom. I know it isn't a machine most of us would have around but it is part of pinball history and the backglass art is about as unique as it gets.

I have had 3 people PM me so far and I am fine with all 3 offers but I want to give it till tomorrow to see where things end up. Actually I want to decide by midnight tonight who the new owner will be because Sunday just doesn't seem like the right day to be talking about this machine.

Anyway - to all who have, or who might, email about this I'll email the person who seemed the most interested around midnight tonight to set things up for pick up. If first person doesn't follow up I'll contact people in order with highest offer contacted first. I will say right now that none of the offers so far have hit even close to $1000 so this machine will not be expensive. Trades will also be considered!

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Could be a good conversation finisher as well. "Are you sure you really want to go? I mean, you haven't even played my Big Dick yet."

The jokes are potentially endless and all highly inappropriate.

#28 10 years ago

Too bad you cant just sell the back glass and replace it with a Big Deal one and keep the pin

True dat, endless joke ops "No, why would you want to go to Tigerlaws place, he doesnt even have a BigDick."

#29 10 years ago

What's that on her chin in the backglass picture?

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

No need to answer that one! If you need to ask you are to young to get an answer from me!

XXX rated for sure.

As far as selling just the backglass and keeping the pin - that works also. But right now I need space more than another machine anyway.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

#32 10 years ago

Back to the original question before this post gets too far off point. If you owned this machine what would you think a "fair" selling price would be. Or if you were looking for something like this what would you be willing to pay.

Like I said originally I am kind of clueless on this and just want to be fair all the way around. But I also want a very quick sale!

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Sort of machine Glen Quagmire would have in his pad ...
rd.

Non stop jokes!
Or > Gotta o-ring kit yesterday and going to rerubber my big dick this weekend,give me a hand.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Jizz

#35 10 years ago

I don't have a Big Dick.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

I don't have a Big Dick.

It's not a necessity but the ladies seem to enjoy it more.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Too bad you cant just sell the back glass and replace it with a Big Deal one and keep the pin

I wouldn't be interested in the machine, but the backglass would be cool to have to pull out (ahem) and show off now and then. How hard to find are the Big Deal backglasses? Then you'd have a pin you might be able to sell easier, plus a little money for the Big Dick backglass. win-win?

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from KoolFingers:

It's not a necessity but the ladies seem to enjoy it more.

No complaints here!

#39 10 years ago

OK Kids - I know the backglass is a lot of fun and would be great in someones collection just for laughs. But I still have not gotten one reply from anyone in answer to my original question - what the heck is this backglass or machine worth. Someone must have some idea?

I am thinking like $750 price range for machine with backglass just because it is unique, graphic, and great art if you are into that type art. Or for the "fun value" once you have had a few drinks down in the man cave but I just have no idea here. Anyone with any idea please let me know either on this post or by PM.

Also keep the PM's coming with offers - especially if you can come pick the machine up sometime this coming week.

#40 10 years ago

Pretty much exactly what I said in the original listing.

Yes, I agree.

Back to the original question before this post gets too far off point. If you owned this machine what would you think a "fair" selling price would be.

It's pretty easy to get a value on the game.

A decent condition Big Deal runs ~$300 if everything works.

Gene has those Big Dick backglasses for $200.

I think we have been talking about so much dick, that we have not talked about the most important things like the physical operating condition of the game.

How does it play? Does everything work? Is there any wear on the playfield?

#41 10 years ago

Ditto the above. The graphic nature of the backglass made the representative a hard sell so they are still available and have been for years at $200. A decent condition Big Deal is around $300. I'd actually assume the combination of the two would slightly lower the value, since the backglass isn't new and it makes it harder to sell to a lot of people.

From your pics, I'm assuming this is a project. If so, tops of like $400.

#42 10 years ago

I decided to just go ahead and list this on eBay as a 3 day auction for a .99 opening bid. That way the market can decide what the actual value is. If you are interested, the item # is 151127344481

#43 10 years ago

You guys are forgetting that if you buy a good condition Big Deal for $300 + $200 for a Big Dick backglass, you still can sell the Big Deal backglass for at least $100, So your net for a working, good condition game would be $400.

#45 10 years ago

So, this Big Dick has been on the table for almost six hours already and no one has jumped on it yet.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

So, this Big Dick has been on the table for almost six hours already and no one has jumped on it yet.

We can only handle so much BigDick.

#47 10 years ago

There is already a bid on it with 2 days 18 hours to go.

GLWTA

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

There is already a bid on it

Oh Thats too bad, the op should have contacted Jetzxi via pm, He has been looking to take in a BigDick for quite some time.

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

the op should have contacted Jetzxi via pm, He has been looking to take in a BigDick for quite some time.

Does he have the experience necessary to maintain a big dick?

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Oh Thats too bad, the op should have contacted Jetzxi via pm, He has been looking to take in a BigDick for quite some time.

Ouchie mama!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Baldwinsville, NY
$ 12.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 134 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-dick-pinball-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.