• 322 posts
  • 78 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Nevus
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PA016-Vibrant-Vancouver-Skyline-False-Creek-BC-Canada-Downtown-City-Panoramic-Panorama-Chris-Collacott-avision.ca-1.jpg
laughing-my-ass-off-smiley-emoticon.gif
sylvia2.jpg

There are 322 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.
#201 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Maybe this will make some sense……so in 6 to 12 months, when MG and RAZA are out,

laughing-my-ass-off-smiley-emoticon.giflaughing-my-ass-off-smiley-emoticon.gif
#202 9 years ago

$25 grand to one person is not $25 grand to others. In other words $25 grand to you might be $5 grand to someone else. That's just the way it is. $25 grand is a ton of money to most but not much money to some....

#203 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Why? No one wants one for 25k, show me somebody, anybody that would pay 25k right now for BBB? 20k?
I defer to Rommy's comments…...

I would pay $25K for the NIB one that is for sale in Dallas. I gave it serious consideration. The idea that Rick could possibly remake BBB is the one thing that held me back as well as the idea that I could continue saving to get one of the original 13. If the rumor turns out to be false, then I'll be back in the market looking for one. If the rumors hadn't be floating around, I probably would have announced an unboxing party already.

I'm neither stupid, ignorant nor wealthy. I'm a pinball collector who has saved his pennies for the past five years. Since I saved the money, I get to decide how I spend the money. This money isn't needed to feed my family. It's not needed to pay the mortgage. It's money for pinball. Whether that is one game like BBB or multiple NIB games from Stern, JJP, Spooky, etc. Pinball is my hobby and the money I have saved is for that hobby.

I realize that I could get far more games for the same money. I realize that I could get Tron LE & ACDC BIB for about the same money. But I do not want those games. I want a BBB.

I do not want it because it is rare. I want it because I enjoy the game play. I love the artwork, dots and sound.

However, owners of the game also love it, so if I want one, I'm going to have pay a price set by the owner.

I realize that some people think its "crazy" to buy a pinball machine for $25,000. I have close friends who thinks its crazy that I spend $1,000 for 50 year old EM machines. I realize that some believe that BBB is overpriced and no pinball machine is worth more than X thousand dollars.

Until another game piques my interest like BBB, I'll continue looking for chances to buy it to add to my collection. I would love for the chance to buy one at $8,000 but that seems unlikely in today's market. I'll have to hope for a remake. Once I do add one, I can make one promise. I will host a party for my pinball friends to come and play the living hell out of it. I don't buy machines to admire. I buy them to play.

Marcus

#204 9 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

I realize that I could get far more games for the same money. I realize that I could get TRON LE & ACDC BIB for about the same money. But I do not want those games. I want a BBB.

I hear what you are saying Xerico, I want a lot of things too…..you didn't pull the trigger at 25k so if you really want one you'll be able to get it at half the price soon enough, if not less. I think it was a smart move like you.

Based on ratings and what other people think about TRON LE and ACDC BIB, you just made the point, you might be the only guy in the entire world that would take BBB over having both of those pins because you enjoy the game play better as the only reason, not the rarity. But that is what makes pinball great, everybody has different tastes. I think you could throw a WH20 into the mix also for the 25k total.

#205 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I hear what you are saying Xerico, I want a lot of things too…..you didn't pull the trigger at 25k so if you really want one you'll be able to get it at half the price soon enough, if not less. I think it was a smart move like you.
Based on ratings and what other people think about TRON LE and ACDC BIB, you just made the point, you might be the only guy in the entire world that would take BBB over having both of those pins because you enjoy the game play better as the only reason, not the rarity. But that is what makes pinball great, everybody has different tastes. I think you could throw a WH20 into the mix also for the 25k total.

Well, I have owned Tron LE (greatest Stern ever) & I have played my fill of ACDC LE/Premiums, so I really want the opportunity to play the hell out of BBB. It may fail to live up to my expectations or memories, but I want that chance to play it at 12:30am in my undies & socks.

I also want to be the guy who brings a BBB to the TPF and puts it on the floor for the masses to play.

But then again, I was the kid playing Magic The Gathering with sleeveless Beta Power 9 back in the day too. lol

Marcus

#206 9 years ago

yea im kinda getting tired of this difference in opinion, 25k for any pinball machine is nuts. It cant be won or lost its just difference in opinion. Its like art. Im a collector, any time someone says "well if you love it, does it really matter about price" well no I guess not but who wants to loose thousands in the future if you get tired of it and want something different? you only have so much room on your walls and time to look at different things! You are right though it doesn't matter about how much you have cause does anyone really want to ever just piss it away? You can totally see where differences lie in who we are in these way over stated opinions.

#207 9 years ago

Rob T im stealing your laugh my ass off! nice!

#208 9 years ago

People are complaining about 25K but pay 10K for pins anyway and 5K plus for AAA titles that play like crap. It's all relative. If you can't buy it, who cares? It's just pinball. People pay $8000-10000 for Wizard of Oz, Medieval Madness, and Big Lebowski, and they will do this even if they have not even played them! I love this forum, just amazes me how ridiculous the things are here.

#209 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Maybe this will make some sense……so in 6 to 12 months, when MG and RAZA are out,

BZZZ...LOLOLOL....both games in 6-12 months? You are deep into that cult....ooooph.

Quoted from iceman44:

You are going to eat another load again Greg

Again? I've never eaten a load. Is that some Texas slang for something....or is there something about you I wasn't aware of?

#210 9 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Hwawonyu if you like French and Chateauneuf Du Pape and want a wine grown right in the middle of that region with vines 100 years plus and want the best know secret try Heritages Cotes du Rhone. dont worry about the low price you will be blown away.

For sure. Some Cotes du Rhone are fantastic...

#211 9 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

Finally, it would show more courage if rebuilders would instead design and build state-of-the-art sequels of some of those current titles (MM2, BBB2 and so on) instead of making relative easy money!

It is a mistake to think that another mans business should be concerned with courage or the perception of courage. That is not the purpose of business.

#212 9 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

But then again, I was the kid playing Magic The Gathering with sleeveless Beta Power 9 back in the day too. lol

Not sure many people will get this reference, so I'll elaborate...

Magic: The Gathering was the first successful collectable card game. The cards are used to play a game. The Power 9 refers to nine cards in the game that are considered extremely powerful. Magic: The Gathering releases new cards in "sets", and these power nine were only found in the first 3 sets (there are currently 90 sets). As such, due to their power and rarity (the first 3 sets didn't go into much circulation) and availability (most people that have them are holding onto them due to their value), the "value" of the cards is crazy high; the most desireable of the nine being the Black Lotus, with the 3rd set version being worth around $1,200, the 2nd set version being worth several thousand, and a card from the 1st set...I'm not even sure what those go for...probably over $10 grand.

We're talking about prices for a piece of cardboard approx 3 1/2" x 2 1/4" inches.

However, if you want to play the game with a Black Lotus, that's the price you have to pay. If you want a Black Lotus from an earlier set than the 3rd release set, you're going to have to pay more, even though, functionally, and to the most part aestetically, THEY ARE THE EXACT SAME CARD!!

Also, there are a few cards that are similar to Black Lotus, but they are MUCH cheaper just because they aren't a Black Lotus.

So why do people buy cards at these prices? Well, some people like to "pimp out" their card decks, which is basically having the best version of a given card in their deck.

This isn't much different than a lot of collecting hobbies. People that consider themselves collectors will get the Limited Editions, the Gold, the prototypes, and the limited run stuff that is considered desirable (even if it's desirability can't be quantified) etc. And they'll pay to have this distiction, even if it doesn't get them something THAT much better than the average or currently available stuff. Hey, it's their money, let them buy what makes them happy.

The people that just consider themselves just players will collect the standard stuff because hey, they still enjoy the games, and decorated boxes of wood with metal/plastic inside just shouldn't approach certain prices. They like games for games, meaning they'd enjoy the the high value games just as much as the low value games.

And, there are people that consider themselves just "brokers". I've seen Magic card collectors that don't even PLAY the game, but have a collection of valuable cards that they trade/sell. To them, it's a completely different game: it's like playing stocks or some sort of investment game. That's their way of enjoying the hobby, just an unconventional one. I see them often referred to as "flippers" on this forum.

There's nothing wrong with a person in this hobby exhibiting any one or more of these personas if that's how they enjoy the hobby, yet for some reason people get bent because they belong in one group and can't understand the reasoning of the other.

Onto the case study...

#213 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

BZZZ...LOLOLOL....both games in 6-12 months? You are deep into that cult....ooooph.

You guys are hilarious, mark this page down!

Quoted from mjenison:

There's nothing wrong with a person in this hobby exhibiting any one or more of these personas if that's how they enjoy the hobby, yet for some reason people get bent because they belong in one group and can't understand the reasoning of the other.

Onto the case study...

It is a great case study, again, the whole point made in another way by you, the ONLY reason to pay 25k for a BBB is for "collectibility" purposes, a piece of pinball history (exception being Xerico ) I'm a huge "collector" of various things myself. Some collectors though, like Xerico, see that the collectibility factor will be shot when and if they remake BBB, and I highly doubt it because you could "COLLECT" 2 1/2 JPOP's, with 1/2 the production, 10x better artwork, current updates, Jpop track record, etc…..

Oh wait, I've just talked myself into "collecting" his pins, I'm just gonna go ahead and send in AIW deposit! Case study evolving…….

But I do see why some people want to "collect" cap com games….

#214 9 years ago

So, after the 2nd set, the game started taking off, and they released a third set, containing reprints of most of the cards. This slightly diluted the value of the originals, but dealers where buying them up and card prices started to go up.

Then they released another set of reprints "revised". Again the same cards. Dealers and collectors went nuts because now the cards that had been going up in value could be bought freely again by anyone! Collectors swore off Magic: The Gathering and some quit the game.

Wizards of the Coast did this a few times and eventually had to come up with a "Reprint Policy", meaning they promised they'd never re-run certain cards again (The Power 9, for example) because doing so would completely ruin the secondary market sales for those cards.

So when MMr was announced, it had a very similiar effect; collectors went nuts, because the games that they had that had increased in value or had purchased at that increased value could suddenly be bought by anyone for lower price.

But, even though the Power 9 were reprinted in three different "runs", the first ones are still much more valuable than the 3rd set, even though they are equivalent.

So if I had to predict the outcome of all this "re-running" of pinball games, I'd guess that the remakes will hurt the value of the originals initially, but eventually they'll regain their value. After all, after all the re-runs, there will still be only 4,200 Williams Medieval Madness games out there, just as there are still only 13 original BBB out there.

Post edited by mjenison: 12-14 BBB were originally produced

#215 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Jpop track record, etc…..

-Great games within the Williams infrastructure & support team
-Nothing....
-Zizzle games
-A horrible iPhone ap
-Nothing....
-Taking people's money
-Showing artwork on a secret website
-Building a foam Kiss game

Cool.

#216 9 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

I wish they quite building remakes at all... it's killing pinball! Before MMr you could easily spend several $K on a pin relying in the fact it kept it's value. But not anymore... prices are dropping. PLUS it's bad news for the less than perfect games out there in the open. Price devaluation makes it way less interesting to restore the 'old ladies' and bring back their former gloss and style.
Yeah sure pinball for everyone seems a good idea. But set yourself at rest if the average Joe can't drive a (remade) Ferrari. It's better to keep the dream of having/playing/encountering that one of kind superduper machine, than making it available to everyone. Doesn't desire exceeds owning?!?
Finally, it would show more courage if rebuilders would instead design and build state-of-the-art sequels of some of those current titles (MM2, BBB2 and so on) instead of making relative easy money!

Yeah having more games to play is really killing pinball. If you are buying games as an investment you are a moron. They are games, they are meant to be played. If you are restoring a game you should be doing it because you want your machine to look as nice and clean as it can while YOU ARE PLAYING IT.

#217 9 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

Yeah having more games to play is really killing pinball. If you are buying games as an investment you are a moron. They are games, they are meant to be played. If you are restoring a game you should be doing it because you want your machine to look as nice and clean as it can while YOU ARE PLAYING IT.

+1. This isn't beanie babies, baseball cards, or fine artwork that is made for the sole purpose of collecting. Pinball machines are commercial vending equipment meant to be played and operated. When BBB was originally designed by Capcom the goal wasn't to just make a few of them and market it to "collectors". The goal was to make and produce as many games as they could sell. Unfortunately they never got a chance to go full production on the game but thankfully Gene was able to step in and make as many games as he feasibly could given his resources (and available boardsets) at the time. I don't think Gene's goal was to make every buyer a pile of money by investing in one of his machines. He simply wanted to make a game that was really really cool that most people previously were not able to own or even play. I'm all for Planetary doing as many remakes as there is demand for. Anything that makes pinball more accessible and affordable to buyer's is a good thing.

My preference on games that are remade is that the games are updated and improved to make them better than they originally were. Rulesets have come a long way and it would be great to see new modes and rules. It would be cool if you could go in the menu for BBBR and select either "Classic ruleset" or "BBB Ultimate" which featured brand new/innovative rules. It would also be cool to see software controlled color changing LEDs, color DMD or LCD, or other modern pinball innovations being put into these remakes. I would bet if they made some if these improvements, and limited the game run to 1000.-None of this LE/STD business. They would sell out within a matter of hours. I really can't see the demand on any title (MM excepted) to be much higher than 1000 units at $8K a pop, so if you just came up with a set number right off the bat it would be better for sales in the long run as it would create some sense of urgency from the get-go.

#218 9 years ago
Quoted from mjenison:

So, after the 2nd set, the game started taking off, and they released a third set, containing reprints of most of the cards. This slightly diluted the value of the originals, but dealers where buying them up and card prices started to go up.
Then they released another set of reprints "revised". Again the same cards. Dealers and collectors went nuts because now the cards that had been going up in value could be bought freely again by anyone! Collectors swore off Magic: The Gathering and some quit the game.
Wizards of the Coast did this a few times and eventually had to come up with a "Reprint Policy", meaning they promised they'd never re-run certain cards again (The Power 9, for example) because doing so would completely ruin the secondary market sales for those cards.
So when MMr was announced, it had a very similiar effect; collectors went nuts, because the games that they had that had increased in value or had purchased at that increased value could suddenly be bought by anyone for lower price.
But, even though the Power 9 were reprinted in three different "runs", the first ones are still much more valuable than the 3rd set, even though they are equivalent.
So if I had to predict the outcome of all this "re-running" of pinball games, I'd guess that the remakes will hurt the value of the originals initially, but eventually they'll regain their value. After all, after all the re-runs, there will still be only 4,200 Williams Medieval Madness games out there, just as there are still only 13 original BBB out there.
Post edited by mjenison: 12-14 BBB were originally produced

I know that this is all true but it just sounds so preposterous as an outsider looking in on this hobby. I can only imagine how certain people feel about pinball collectors.

The craziest collector of anything I have ever met was a guy who bought a 1978 Corvette Indy Pace car brand new from the dealership. He had it trailer-ed home and put into his garage. He actually drained all of the original fluids out of it and had them placed into labeled containers he placed on a shelf next to it (he refilled it with the same brands of fluids but not the originals). He also removed the battery and placed it in a case next to the car. Of course, he never started or drove it. I can remember my friend commenting to me that he should be committed to an institution for being certified crazy.

#219 9 years ago

Looks like there are now 4 BBB's up for sale. Gosh, I wish I could afford one of them.

#220 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Looks like there are now 4 BBB's up for sale. Gosh, I wish I could afford one of them.

Everybody is listening to my advice

#221 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

-Great games within the Williams infrastructure & support team
-Nothing....
-Zizzle games
-A horrible iPhone ap
-Nothing....
-Taking people's money
-Showing artwork on a secret website
-Building a foam Kiss game
Cool.

Spin it any way you want Gregory We will let the results speak for themselves and as you know, everything is bigger in Texas that's why you have to eat/chew the load before you swallow or you'll choke to death

Take my money Jpop!

#222 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Spin it any way you want Gregory We will let the results speak for themselves and as you know, everything is bigger in Texas that's why you have to eat/chew the load before you swallow or you'll choke to death
Take my money Jpop!

What results? lol

I don't care about how you swallow loads.

#223 9 years ago

That escalated quickly.

#224 9 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

That escalated quickly.

I'm not even going to edit or moderate it . . . I want to run from the whole subject of loads.

#225 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I'm not even going to edit or moderate it . . . I want to run from the whole subject of loads.

Srsly does swallowing a load mean something different in Texas? LOL

#226 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

does swallowing a load mean something different in Texas? LOL

I was just negotiating prices for a game with a guy from Oregon, when he told me that he just needed something to blow his wad on.... where i come from that means something totally different.

#227 9 years ago

Haha, hey we are just having some fun! Gregory knows I'm teasing him

I'll refrain from the blowing loads comments, where Tiger and I come from, there is a whole lotta different meaning of things versus Cali…….just saying

#228 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Haha, hey we are just having some fun! Gregory knows I'm teasing him
I'll refrain from the blowing loads comments, where Tiger and I come from, there is a whole lotta different meaning of things versus Cali…….just saying

I dunno man. I'm pretty sure "swallowing a load" is universal in its meaning regardless of the geographic location it is used in.

#229 9 years ago

When my kids won't eat vegetables, I'm always like "You swallow that load!"

Wait, no I'm not... It has no other meaning.

#230 9 years ago

Alright, back on topic...wait, what was the topic?

#231 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Something about blowing a wad for BBB and swallowing Jpop's load.

#232 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Ha! I kind of enjoying watching ice try to backpedal out of this one.

#233 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Maybe this will make some sense……so in 6 to 12 months, when MG and RAZA are out

Ice, you'd have to be the most optimistic man on the planet.

$50 donation to Pinside says neither of those pins is in your house this year.

<edit> after reading this page, I hope I don't have to swallow a load ... Ewwww

rd.

#234 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

$50 donation to Pinside says neither of those pins is in your house this year.

I love that the $50 Pinside donation lives on! I'd say your money is pretty safe though.

#235 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I love that the $50 Pinside donation lives on! I'd say your money is pretty safe though.

I was gonna say $500 but I'm too much of a tight ass lol

But either way, the dough is pretty safe I would say.

rd.

#236 9 years ago

Iceman revealed!

#237 9 years ago

I'm on it RotoDave, I live life optimistic baby! $50 it is on pin side donation…...

Geez, talk about blowing a load and it gets all crazy in here

Ok, on the other hand, picture this load, how about a 2 foot rope, properly tapered and no chance of going down without the plunger! With a mixture of corn, that's what Greg is gonna eat when RAZA drops! But hey, I'm inviting all of you naysaying sumbitches to the unboxing party….

I'm serious, road trip to Texas, you'll never wanna leave……………………..

All you can eat and drink and smoke with the exception of the crack pipe stuff that some of you guys are using Ok for the sensitive types I'm Jk about the crack pipe...

#238 9 years ago

And I'm gonna post my AIW package when it arrives so all you F er's can make fun of me……...

The iPhone 6 is coming this fall, so is an Apple price of $650 and Jpoppy will be right behind it

#239 9 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Iceman revealed!
» YouTube video

I've got more hair than that dude and see how all the hot chicks look at him! Just call me Toby...

#240 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm on it RotoDave, I live life optimistic baby! $50 it is on pin side donation…...
Geez, talk about blowing a load and it gets all crazy in here
Ok, on the other hand, picture this load, how about a 2 foot rope, properly tapered and no chance of going down without the plunger! With a mixture of corn, that's what Greg is gonna eat when RAZA drops! But hey, I'm inviting all of you naysaying sumbitches to the unboxing party….
I'm serious, road trip to Texas, you'll never wanna leave……………………..
All you can eat and drink and smoke with the exception of the crack pipe stuff that some of you guys are using Ok for the sensitive types I'm Jk...

Every time you hit "Send Post" makes it less likely I'd ever step a foot near Texas lol Keep your corn filled sperm and smokey air away from me, thank you.

#241 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Every time you hit "Send Post" makes it less likely I'd ever step a foot near Texas lol Keep your corn filled sperm and smokey air away from me, thank you.

No, you'll be here, the only smokey air is in that smog infested Cali shitstorm, and its not corn filled sperm! Wtf, haven't you ever dropped a deuce with yesterday's corn prominently displayed, think about that one, because that will be the image I want to think about when Jpoopy does his thing this fall…….

I'll see you this fall in Texas for the party! Rob, Jimmy Mac and anybody else, might be the only time you ever get to play pure genius!………hehe

#242 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Lol! Corn filled sperm. Ewwwwwww

"There was so much love on your face, I couldn't see the tears ..." - Steel Panther quote for the day.

rd.

#243 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Lol! Corn filled sperm. Ewwwwwww
"There was so much love on your face, I couldn't see the tears ..." - Steel Panther quote for the day.
rd.

We in for the $50 RD? Let's book it…...

#244 9 years ago

Ice whats the price and program for AIW I love jpop games and according to the "collectors" this will be worth about 40 big ones after its out !

#245 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

There's got to be a FG episode somewhere in his posts. Make it so.

#246 9 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Ice whats the price and program for AIW I love jpop games and according to the "collectors" this will be worth about 40 big ones after its out !

At least 50 G's Wc!

But I'm on it just to look at it if nothing else…….just a meager few G's to lock in, careful though, if you admit it it will turn into a shitshow, but hey, I know, we'll get the last laugh!

Yep, "corn filled sperm", that's a first……….gotta love Pinside!

Hey, I'm no dummy, if I send Jpoppy a deposit for #3 then at least #2 gets done JK Jpops

#247 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No, you'll be here, the only smokey air is in that smog infested Cali shitstorm, and its not corn filled sperm! Wtf, haven't you ever dropped a deuce with yesterday's corn prominently displayed, think about that one, because that will be the image I want to think about when Jpoopy does his thing this fall…….
I'll see you this fall in Texas for the party! Rob, Jimmy Mac and anybody else, might be the only time you ever get to play pure genius!………hehe

1. You were talking about loads, not deuces.
2. You won't have a game this fall.
3. I'm never going to Texas.

#248 9 years ago

couple g"s for a possible return of 50? those are good odds in the "collectors' gamble!

#249 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

1. You were talking about loads, not deuces.
2. You won't have a game this fall.
3. I'm never going to Texas.

Loads, deuces, its all good……

Jpop will deliver game this fall……

And if you miss Texas Greg, I just have to feel sorry for you! Get some boots and spurs, grab your ankles and come on down……hehe

#250 9 years ago

why dont we lock up every one of them and then we can control the distribution our selves push them up to 60k

There are 322 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-bang-bar-for-sale-25000/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.