• 322 posts
  • 78 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Nevus
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PA016-Vibrant-Vancouver-Skyline-False-Creek-BC-Canada-Downtown-City-Panoramic-Panorama-Chris-Collacott-avision.ca-1.jpg
laughing-my-ass-off-smiley-emoticon.gif
sylvia2.jpg
There are 322 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
#1 10 years ago

Not mine. I saw the ad posted over on klov. It's Todd tucky's pin from his personal collection.
I figured I'd pass it along. Todd seems to be a good pinhead.
I like his vids on youtube.

#2 10 years ago

That is a lot of Peso's

#3 10 years ago

you wont find one in better shape than his. unless its NIB. : P

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

you wont find one in better shape than his. unless its NIB. : P

I have seen BBB go for 12k, give Chris at HEP 6k or so to restore it and you have better than NIB and you save 7k .... am I wrong???

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

I have seen BBB go for 12k, give Chris at HEP 6k or so to restore it and you have better than NIB and you save 7k .... am I wrong???

good luck with that.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

If the year were still 2010, you would be right.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

... am I wrong???

Unfortunately, you probably are. I have not seen a BBB for anything near $12K in quite some time.

#8 10 years ago

Why so little

#9 10 years ago

Selling price for BBB is in the 20,000.00 to 24,000.00 area depending on condition and mods/extra spare parts. Had one lined up for 21,000.00 here in PA. Passed on it. Sold mine 2 years ago for 12,000.00. Sorry I did with that jump.-Joe

#10 10 years ago

yikes.... guess the BBBr will be 10K for this one

#11 10 years ago

Oh, now you did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!-Joe

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Selling price for BBB is in the 20,000.00 to 24,000.00 area depending on condition and mods/extra spare parts. Had one lined up for 21,000.00 here in PA. Passed on it. Sold mine 2 years ago for 12,000.00. Sorry I did with that jump.-Joe

Sweet snausages ............ this explains why its not on my want list!!!

#13 10 years ago

Last one I sold went for $22k in a week

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Last one I sold went for $22k in a week

Exactly the reason they will be made again at 8,000.00. Ed

#15 10 years ago

And at 8k, people will find out that it isn't that great of game.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Better than finding out at 20 : )

#17 10 years ago

There seems to be an anti-BBB sentiment lately that you never really heard before. Is it a backlash to the rising price? Or is it anti-remake people trying to discourage anyone from remaking it? It is a great game - that's why it was repro'd in the first place and why people will pay big money for one. It's not just the rarity. I have a Caribbean Cruise...there are only 300 of them...I'd be lucky to get $400 for that thing lol.

#18 10 years ago

I still think CCC would be the better one to go for first! Personally speaking of course!

#19 10 years ago

PM sent.

#20 10 years ago

BBB is a great game. I would be in on an $8000 remake. But with the Capcom boards gone, obviously a tremendous problem in reverse engineering them, Gene's woes and who knows who owns what now, I don't expect it to be even possible now.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

BBB is a great game. I would be in on an $8000 remake. But with the Capcom boards gone, obviously a tremendous problem in reverse engineering them, Gene's woes and who knows who owns what now, I don't expect it to be even possible now.

I have a question about the boards. with all the great tech people out there in the world, is it really that hard to re make the boards? I know very little about this that's why im asking.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

I have a question about the boards. with all the great tech people out there in the world, is it really that hard to re make the boards? I know very little about this that's why im asking.

Easy to remake boards, but the ASIC chip is the hard part.

#23 10 years ago

BBB is an under rated players game because so few people get to put enough games on one to really get to know it. Such a great combination of humor, adult concepts, theme, art, color scheme, shot lay out, with good rules. Id love one...just too much coin required to get one.

A BBBr would be a gold mine.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

BBB is an under rated players game because so few people get to put enough games on one to really get to know it. Such a great combination of humor, adult concepts, theme, art, color scheme, shot lay out, with good rules. Id love one...just too much coin required to get one.

+1

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Easy to remake boards, but the ASIC chip is the hard part.

This. Board themselves, no biggie.

#26 10 years ago

why remake the board and chip? seems like MMR is proving that emulating that on a $50 beaglebone or whatever is the way to go.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

why remake the board and chip? seems like MMR is proving that emulating that on a $50 beaglebone or whatever is the way to go.

I'm sure if Rick buys the Capcom rights from Gene, that is how it will be done.

#28 10 years ago

Gene owns the rights. Emulating? The man doesn't own a computer. The fax machine is too much for him to handle. He wouldn't entertain one nanosecond of that technobabble.

#29 10 years ago

BBB is an awesome looking game but I dont find it very fun either...I have put quite a few games on it and keep wanting to like it but I do not. I guess its a good thing since they are so flipping expensive

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Gene owns the rights. Emulating? The man doesn't own a computer. The fax machine is too much for him to handle. He wouldn't entertain one nanosecond of that technobabble.

Gene is not going to emulate, but if his assets are all really being liquidated, whoever buys the Capcom rights (likely Rick) would save a fortune emulating rather than making another ASIC.

#31 10 years ago

Looks awesome .

#32 10 years ago

IIRC one of the boards(the ASIC one?) couldn't be made unless 25,000 were made in the order. Ouch. While it's nice to repro something board-for-board, etc, it would be obviously cheaper to emulate or make something new to solve it.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Gene is not going to emulate, but if his assets are all really being liquidated, whoever buys the Capcom rights (likely Rick) would save a fortune emulating rather than making another ASIC.

Not only that but they could also add in shaker support, color dmd, improved sound, additional modes, color changing leds, etc. Lots of ways to improve upon 20 year old technology and make it even more attractive for buyers.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Not only that but they could also add in shaker support, color dmd, improved sound, additional modes, color changing leds, etc. Lots of ways to improve upon 20 year old technology and make it even more attractive for buyers

You bet!! BBB would be the only remade I would ever consider. Even with a $8k price.
Give me a chance to alter the ruleset to my (bad) taste...

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

There seems to be an anti-BBB sentiment lately that you never really heard before. Is it a backlash to the rising price? Or is it anti-remake people trying to discourage anyone from remaking it? It is a great game - that's why it was repro'd in the first place and why people will pay big money for one. It's not just the rarity. I have a Caribbean Cruise...there are only 300 of them...I'd be lucky to get $400 for that thing lol.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

I'm saying it because I've played it a lot, and it just isn't that good in my opinion.

#36 10 years ago

I can't even afford the price just to read this thread.

#37 10 years ago

Ok, just thinking out loud here, no offense meant to anybody that has a BBB but 25k for a pinball machine seems rather crazy to me.

Is it the best pinball machine ever made? And then with 300 of them out there…..

If you can get a Jpop pin at 10k, Nib, with RAZA and only 124 of those, what am I missing? I haven't played a BBB but have no desire to own one and wouldn't pay 10k for it, maybe 8k for a remake…….

Or a MG with 17 or 21, whatever, for less?

The "limited collectibility" factor should revert back to the mean right? Time only hurts the value of these pins I would think?

For arguments sake, lets assume that Jpop gets all these pins made. An SS in the box or BBB, 25k I don't think so, no matter how much $$$ you want to blow.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ok, just thinking out loud here, no offense meant to anybody that has a BBB but 25k for a pinball machine seems rather crazy to me.
Is it the best pinball machine ever made? And then with 300 of them out there…..
If you can get a Jpop pin at 10k, Nib, with RAZA and only 124 of those, what am I missing? I haven't played a BBB but have no desire to own one and wouldn't pay 10k for it, maybe 8k for a remake…….
The "limited collectibility" factor should revert back to the mean right? Time only hurts the value of these pins I would think?
For arguments sake, lets assume that Jpop gets all these pins made. An SS in the box or BBB, 25k I don't think so, no matter how much $$$ you want to blow.

BBB exists. Those games don't.

Also some people have lots of money and spending that much on a game isn't a big deal to them. If I had "F you" money I'd buy a BBB....why not?

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I sold a kingpin for $60k that must make u think people are even crazier... And I recently had someone call me to see if I could buy it from the new owner.... There's a seat for every ass..

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

yeah. id love a BBB and a CC

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

BBB exists. Those games don't.
Also some people have lots of money and spending that much on a game isn't a big deal to them. If I had "F you" money I'd buy a BBB....why not?

I said let's "assume" these Jpop games exist………you'd spend 25k F u money on a pin? Not me!

Gotta draw the line somewhere, but IF these Jpop pins exist why wouldn't you spend F u money on those? Get two of em…..

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Looks awesome . » YouTube video

totally agree.. its such a unique pin.

#44 10 years ago

The people who spent $17k on jpops magic girl will want stupid money if they sell the game. That's why they don't want him increasing his production number from 21 to double that... Will hurt there value they earned for funding him blindly. Good luck prying one away when they get made

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I sold a Kingpin for $60k that must make u think people are even crazier... And I recently had someone call me to see if I could buy it from the new owner.... There's a seat for every ass..

I guess so, but I don't get the rationale, when MG, RAZA and AIW end up being better at lower numbers does it mean all those "limited" pins will be 40k? Haha…….

How many Kingpins are there?

124 RAZA's, how much?

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I said let's "assume" these Jpop games exist………you'd spend 25k F u money on a pin? Not me!
Gotta draw the line somewhere, but IF these Jpop pins exist why wouldn't you spend F u money on those? Get two of em…..

Oh sure, if I had F you money - I'd buy all of them....but that doesn't change the fact that BBB exists & those games don't. No one knows what they will play like or if they'll ever get built. So - if someone's got a ton of dough burning a hole in their pocket and they want a super rare beautiful pinball machine - BBB exists and they can get one now.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If I had "F you" money I'd buy a BBB....why not?

Agreed.

#48 10 years ago

I played BBB at California Extreme a few years ago. Let's just say I wouldn't pay 8k even for a remake. Just didn't find it fun. To each their own though.

Now, Kingpin, I'd probably buy if that was remade. Really enjoyed that one.

#49 10 years ago

Assuming MG and RAZA are out there now…..just pretend its kind of like predicting when Apple is going to introduce the iwatch, iPhone 6 and Tv, ok we know its going to be this fall but it is in the future…...

The only rationale to buy BBB for 25k is if you had F u money? So the same rationale applies then for those Jpop pins right? They should be about 60k and 40k respectively right? F u money………….

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ok, just thinking out loud here, no offense meant to anybody that has a BBB but 25k for a pinball machine seems rather crazy to me..

Yeah- to me it is. But to each their own. some feel $8k is insane money for one pinball.

It's EXACTLY one of the reasons I justified a virtual pin. BBB for...... Free. Obviously not the same game, BUT you do get to appreciate the humor, callouts, art, etc. same for CC, etc, etc

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 209.00
30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Long Beach, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 322 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-bang-bar-for-sale-25000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.