Best Wizard mode

Started 2 years ago by RGR in forum All PinballAll Pinball.


Forum » All Pinball » Topic

Best Wizard mode


Topic summary

  • Started 2 years ago by RGR
  • 23 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from gweempose

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs




Topic poll

  • poll: Best Wizard mode
    Spiderman : (9 votes)
    14 %
    TAF : (3 votes)
    5 %
    TSPP : (13 votes)
    20 %
    TZ : (16 votes)
    25 %
    TOM : (0 votes)
    STTNG : (4 votes)
    6 %
    LOTR : (6 votes)
    9 %
    AFM : (5 votes)
    8 %
    Shadow : (9 votes)
    14 %


  • Games linked to topic

    Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!



      TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
      2 years ago
      #

      Remove TAF and TOM. Replace with IJ at least.


      justonemore

      Pinball addict
      907,300 2
      2 years ago
      #

      cv, ij, afm


      RGR

      Pinball master
      2,533,400 2
      2 years ago
      #

      Was thinking IJ was good but similar to Shadow, both are about making a certain amount of shots culminating in a score of 1 billion. The only thing is that imo Shadow sounds better.


      TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
      TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
      2 years ago
      #

      TOM?!? Hahahaha. Gotta be the most dissapointing WzM (to start let alone to complete) of any games that era. I find more pleasure having a drop target bank reset upon completion.


      2 years ago
      #

      Big fan of Johnny Mnemonic's wizard mode here.


      2 years ago
      #

      You cant have such a poll without including CV. That has a 3-stage challenge wizard mode that's the most in depth I've ever seen. Even TOTAN wizard mode is pretty good and in depth.


      2 years ago
      #

      4 stages for CV. Awesome!


      2 years ago
      #

      I chose TZ because it is not only exciting, it's attainable.

      CV gets honorable mention for being most innovative.

      TSPP is the most exhausting. Different yes, but exhausting.


      2 years ago
      #

      2 years ago
      #

      TZ than SM a close second.
      Can't vote for TSPP..... never got close the wizard mode, and I own one.
      Doug


      RGR

      Pinball master
      2,533,400 2
      2 years ago
      #
      markmon said:

      You cant have such a poll without including CV. That has a 3-stage challenge wizard mode that's the most in depth I've ever seen. Even TOTAN wizard mode is pretty good and in depth.

      You haven't played the latest version of SM then. TOTAN didnt make the list as it can be manipulated and is not challenging at all


      2 years ago
      #

      OTHER

      IJ


      2 years ago
      #
      RGR said:

      markmon said:You cant have such a poll without including CV. That has a 3-stage challenge wizard mode that's the most in depth I've ever seen. Even TOTAN wizard mode is pretty good and in depth.

      You haven't played the latest version of SM then. TOTAN didnt make the list as it can be manipulated and is not challenging at all

      I own and love spiderman. Just not good enough to get there I guess. How can you manipulate TOTAN?


      2 years ago
      #

      RGR

      Pinball master
      2,533,400 2
      2 years ago
      #
      markmon said:

      RGR said:markmon said:You cant have such a poll without including CV. That has a 3-stage challenge wizard mode that's the most in depth I've ever seen. Even TOTAN wizard mode is pretty good and in depth.
      You haven't played the latest version of SM then. TOTAN didnt make the list as it can be manipulated and is not challenging at all
      I own and love spiderman. Just not good enough to get there I guess. How can you manipulate TOTAN?

      Bowen showed in the TOTAN video on pinball.org. Basically if you have the Harem mode running just before the wizard mode, then you start the wiz mode you can have it so that you never beat the Genie and score points from Harem. If you manage to keep the Genie bottle constantly between you and the Genie then you can go on for a long time scoring points from Harem. This was the reason why TOTAN has never been in a PAPA/ IFPA tournament...


      2 years ago
      #

      When somebody reaches the wizard mode on TSPP, that's an achievement. All other modes aren't even close.


      RobT

      Pinside legend
      12,266,573 3
      2 years ago
      #
      AkumaZeto said:

      TOMMY!

      I actually got to Pinball Wizard on Tommy last week. Very cool wizard mode!

      I don't understand why TZ is leading this poll. Again, LITZ is a *timed* mode. It lasts exactly the same amount of time every time you play it. I don't see how a timed wizard mode can be considered all that great.

      Also, was TOM put on this list as a joke?


      2 years ago
      #
      RobT said:

      I actually got to Pinball Wizard on Tommy last week. Very cool wizard mode!
      I don't understand why TZ is leading this poll. Again, LITZ is a *timed* mode. It lasts exactly the same amount of time every time you play it. I don't see how a timed wizard mode can be considered all that great.

      I think LITZ may be the only wizard mode many people have played and thus the votes for it. I kinda suck so, a pin has to be in my collection for a while for me to get to the wizard and as a result, I haven't seen many so, guess what? I voted for TZ. You guys that are pin aces and rotate a bunch of titles in and out of your collections will have a more meaningful vote here.


      2 years ago
      #
      RawleyD said:

      Big fan of Johnny Mnemonic's wizard mode here.

      Agreed. WCS and JY also have great wizard modes.
      The poll is a rather random selection.

      RGR said:

      markmon said: TOTAN didnt make the list as it can be manipulated and is not challenging at all

      TOTAN does have a glaring scoring exploit but it requires high level play to execute successfully. It simply isn't an issue for most players.
      And if someone doesn't find it challenging at all, they should really change how their machine is set up. It's not hard to make any game harder.


      RGR

      Pinball master
      2,533,400 2
      2 years ago
      #

      Well you cant change the TOTAN wiz mode problem, but yeah most people would not find it to be an issue


      2 years ago
      #

      I would say the TZ wizard mode beginning sounds and dmd animation is the most exciting but I can't say it is the best because it only lasts 30 seconds. TSPP Alien Invasion to me is just so incredibly challenging it gets my vote. And thats just the first wizard mode.


      TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.

      RGR

      Pinball master
      2,533,400 2
      2 years ago
      #

      You can vote for Shadow since the Wiz modes are essentially the same


      2 years ago
      #

      I don't know Shadow, so I'll take your word for it and vote for that

      RGR said:

      You can vote for Shadow since the Wiz modes are essentially the same


      2 years ago
      #

      +1 for Alien Invasion


      2 years ago
      #

      I like Crime Wave in Dirty Harry. Is that strange?


      2 years ago
      #
      Rascal_H said:

      I like Crime Wave in Dirty Harry. Is that strange?

      WTF! Man that thing is tough. I have got it probably 3 times, in limited play, and I have yet to chalk up 1 bad guy! Just need more time to make a plan, but the side ramp is a tough shot on my machine.


      2 years ago
      #
      TheLaw said:

      Rascal_H said:I like Crime Wave in Dirty Harry. Is that strange?
      WTF! Man that thing is tough. I have got it probably 3 times, in limited play, and I have yet to chalk up 1 bad guy! Just need more time to make a plan, but the side ramp is a tough shot on my machine.

      The right side ramp? Tough for me too. It comes back at me all the time. Always been a minor annoyance. I have an easier time with the 3rd flipper ramp.

      Sometimes I cheat a little by stalling the ball out out during modes so I don't drain trying to get big points every mode.


      RGR

      Pinball master
      2,533,400 2
      2 years ago
      #

      Yeah DH is a fun game thats for sure. Beautiful flowing ramps and it feels good hitting the left ramp with the gun. I would like to own one of those one day... lol at meathead when you shoot again


      2 years ago
      #

      No I meant the 3rd flipper ramp is super tough for me....hmmm you find it the opposite; interesting.
      Yeah the left ramp for me the ball goes 3/4 of the way up then back down again quite a bit. I just got the machine and stashed it at my brothers house so I haven't had time to get under the hood and see what is going on. Could be a dirty flipper sleeve or the wrong solenoid down there for all i know. It's balanced left & right and at 6.5 degrees so seems to be set up correctly.


      2 years ago
      #
      TheLaw said:

      No I meant the 3rd flipper ramp is super tough for me....hmmm you find it the opposite; interesting.
      Yeah the left ramp for me the ball goes 3/4 of the way up then back down again quite a bit. I just got the machine and stashed it at my brothers house so I haven't had time to get under the hood and see what is going on. Could be a dirty flipper sleeve or the wrong solenoid down there for all i know. It's balanced left & right and at 6.5 degrees so seems to be set up correctly.

      Yeah, sounds like it might need a flipper rebuild.

      I'll have to play around with my right ramp a bit more to see what is giving me hops.

      Alright, I've derailed enough..hah.

      I also like Demolition Time in Demolition Man.


      2 years ago
      #
      astrodan88 said:

      TOTAN does have a glaring scoring exploit but it requires high level play to execute successfully. It simply isn't an issue for most players.

      I've been trying to use Bowen's Harem multiball strategy ever since I watched his tutorial, and I've yet to actually pull it off. It's easier said than done. Either that, or I just suck!



    Reply

    Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.





    © 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple