Best sounding game

Started 2 years ago by RGR in forum All PinballAll Pinball.


Forum » All Pinball » Topic

Best sounding game


Topic summary

  • Started 2 years ago by RGR
  • 61 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from Rick471

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs




Topic poll

  • poll:
    Shadow : (12 votes)
    10 %
    BSD : (10 votes)
    8 %
    ACDC : (16 votes)
    13 %
    LOTR : (15 votes)
    13 %
    TOM : (3 votes)
    3 %
    Demo man : (5 votes)
    4 %
    CV : (5 votes)
    4 %
    FT : (3 votes)
    3 %
    Other : (51 votes)
    43 %


  • Games linked to topic

    Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!



      RGR

      Pinball master
      2,533,400 2
      2 years ago
      #

      Sound clarity, humour, clear instructions, music or anything that makes a game special enough that you want to play it over and over. For me BSD for jackpot sound, Shadow for voices, ACDC for music, Demo man for speech, and all SS's like TX Sector, BK2000 for electro sounds...

      I think BK2000 for me is the ultimate rush to play....


      2 years ago
      #

      For its time, PINBOT sounds amazing

      deep rumbles & great CG harpsicord riffs!

      DR


      2 years ago
      #

      Again, I am very surprised to find TOM on a short list like this.


      2 years ago
      #

      I love the background drone sound on Black Hole, it's something special for me, and when I get this game set up again I really want to wire the sound to my HiFi and get it pumped round the room so it can carry me around with it on a head spin Electra has a similar background drone sound that does it for me too, and is the main reason this game is a keeper for me! In fact I blame these early background drone sounding games for my current music taste!


      2 years ago
      #

      You should add Iron Man to the list.


      2 years ago
      #

      Tron, hard to beat that custom Daft Punk soundtrack.


      2 years ago
      #
      mmlpin1 said:

      You should add Iron Man to the list.

      A) you can't add to the list once the list is made.
      B) There are only 9 options as max for polls (I think...).

      It's in 'other', along with the best (the mighty Black Hole!!!).


      RGR

      Pinball master
      2,533,400 2
      2 years ago
      #
      RawleyD said:

      Tron, hard to beat that custom Daft Punk soundtrack.

      Sounds like a fly on acid as do most Sterns... Ear piercing sound....


      2 years ago
      #

      Um, TZ?

      How did FT make this list? I mean, I love FT, but not for the sound!


      2 years ago
      #

      Ironman.

      RGR, your lists suck.

      Aside from that I think the JPop games sound great! And AFM or RFM... neither of which is on the list??


      2 years ago
      #
      devil_rider said:

      For its time, PINBOT sounds amazing

      +1 I always loved that and BK2000. Those pins of the 80's always had great sounds.


      2 years ago
      #

      All my favorite sounding games are early 80's solid states. Not necessarily my favorites to play, but I'll never get tired of the classic space/sci-fi soundtracks and effects. Time Fantasy, Strange Science and Mars God of War all stand out in my memory. I love playing this era of games loud and not being concerned with repetitive quotes or tunes that will get on my nerves.


      2 years ago
      #
      sleethering said:

      All my favorite sounding games are early 80's solid states. Not necessarily my favorites to play, but I'll never get tired of the classic space/sci-fi soundtracks and effects. Time Fantasy, Strange Science and Mars God of War all stand out in my memory. I love playing this era of games loud and not being concerned with repetitive quotes or tunes that will get on my nerves.

      +1 for Time Fantasy or any others from the Eugene Jarvis era.

      Also a very strong nod for Pinbot.


      2 years ago
      #

      T R O N


      2 years ago
      #

      BK2K no question.

      Pinbot is a close second for me.


      2 years ago
      #

      BK2K and IM.


      2 years ago
      #

      IJ NO QUESTION. DCS>all


      2 years ago
      #

      One thing for sure, I miss STEREO in games. At least give us the option of adding it..


      2 years ago
      #

      IJ, Shadow, Demo Man - all very good and even better with updated speakers

      Tron is awesome with the daft punk soundtrack


      2 years ago
      #

      TRON for the more modern games.
      IJ for the older B/W games. First DCS and great sound bites in just the right places.


      2 years ago
      #

      RFM and LOTR. The front speaker being pushed forward on RFM really gives it a very immersed sound feeling IMO. Both RFM and LOTR sound great with the stock sound package.


      2 years ago
      #

      GnR.......end of poll.


      2 years ago
      #

      BK2000 is my favorite, followed by SOF!


      2 years ago
      #

      I'm not sure what aspect of the sound is being judged here. Is it the fidelity or the music or the sfx and calls or the best amalgamation of them all?

      Overall, I think AFM is pretty amazing but Fish Tales is great too.


      2 years ago
      #

      I have to go with IM on this one. With Flipper Fidelity system.


      2 years ago
      #

      Based strictly on sound quality, I'd say the Pin2K's pretty much blow everything else away.


      RGR

      Pinball master
      2,533,400 2
      2 years ago
      #
      GoneFishinLvMsg said:

      Um, TZ?
      How did FT make this list? I mean, I love FT, but not for the sound!

      Fish Tales along with WH20 have great music!!!!


      RGR

      Pinball master
      2,533,400 2
      2 years ago
      #
      pinball_customs said:

      Ironman.
      RGR, your lists suck.
      Aside from that I think the JPop games sound great! And AFM or RFM... neither of which is on the list??

      Lol IM???? The game doesnt tell you what to shoot for. The only Stern to make the list was ACDC and this is only due to the music not due to the lack of verbal instructions. Plenty more pins with better sound than IM. Added to this I could only provide 8 games.... However I am not ranking all of the 8 listing I am just asking for the best sounding.. Surely IM does not beat all of the games listed...


      2 years ago
      #
      RGR said:

      Lol IM???? The game doesnt tell you what to shoot for.

      Huh? Sure it does..

      Tron doesn't though, I'll give you that.


      2 years ago
      #

      Sounds from Embryon take me right back to the 80's


      RGR

      Pinball master
      2,533,400 2
      2 years ago
      #
      pinball_customs said:

      RGR said:
      Lol IM???? The game doesnt tell you what to shoot for.
      Huh? Sure it does..
      Tron doesn't though, I'll give you that.

      No countdown for loops shots, no instructions for centre shot... heck even Andre in PAPA didnt know he had to shoot the centre shot to raise the Iron Monger... The ramps announce the scores but lol big deal... No countdown for war machine or any multiball for that matter.. And like most Sterns, status report tells you nothing. I am baffled as to why they slacked off after LOTR.


      2 years ago
      #
      RGR said:

      The only Stern to make the list was ACDC and this is only due to the music not due to the lack of verbal instructions.

      What a shock!


      2 years ago
      #

      Where is Scared Stiff??


      2 years ago
      #

      I can't keep arguing my point, let's just agree to disagree. You hate Stern, we get it.


      2 years ago
      #

      Tron should be on the list. I had to go with other along with the majority of others.


      2 years ago
      #
      IndianaPwns said:

      IJ NO QUESTION. DCS>all

      The only problem with IJ is that after a few 100 games the calls and tune kind of bury themselves in your head and haunt your every waking moment, and a few of your sleeping ones...


      2 years ago
      #

      I gotta go with ST:TNG due to all of the custom speech by many of the characters, good adrenaline pumping music for the different modes, perfect sound effects, etc. How can you not get super pumped up hitting warp 9 with the escalating warp sounds? Awesome.


      2 years ago
      #
      pinballslave said:

      The only problem with IJ is that after a few 100 games the calls and tune kind of bury themselves in your head and haunt your every waking moment, and a few of your sleeping ones...

      Ahhh, the true sign of a great game
      If it's not haunting you in your sleep, what good is it? I especially love that super-exciting clip of John Williams' score just as you go up the right ramp with PoA or Jackpot lit... only to be totally dejected when the ball comes back down


      2 years ago
      #

      Congos got a killer soundtrack. Sounds awesome with speaker upgrade.


      2 years ago
      #
      Squeakman said:

      Congos got a killer soundtrack. Sounds awesome with speaker upgrade.

      Have to agree with you there I really liked the sound on that pin.


      2 years ago
      #

      TZ might take a hit because it is muffled a little, but the music and effects are great, Jackpots always cool.

      Hmmm...how about Whirlwind? Can't get enough of those sounds and they've been programmed in my brain since I first started.


      2 years ago
      #
      TheLaw said:

      Hmmm...how about Whirlwind? Can't get enough of those sounds and they've been programmed in my brain since I first started.

      I like how the sounds change as you hit the ramp several times in a row... "cherrrrr ruddd ddd ddd da dddaaaaa..." "cherrrr RUDD da DUU da DAHHH!!" "CHer BLIP iddy BLIPP iddy BLIPIDDY!!!" and the 3 way combo siren.


      2 years ago
      #
      shanetastic said:

      TheLaw said:Hmmm...how about Whirlwind? Can't get enough of those sounds and they've been programmed in my brain since I first started.
      I like how the sounds change as you hit the ramp several times in a row... "cherrrrr ruddd ddd ddd da dddaaaaa..." "cherrrr RUDD da DUU da DAHHH!!" "CHer BLIP iddy BLIPP iddy BLIPIDDY!!!" and the 3 way combo siren.

      If this is a joke, it is really funny.


      2 years ago
      #

      FEEL THE POWER


      2 years ago
      #

      I voted for AC/DC. Got to play it & hear the sounds at Tx Pinball Fest. Sounded great to me. I like most of AC/DC's music. I really like the tone of the bell when you hit it.
      I wish GN'R was on the OP's list. Would have made the poll results more interesting to me.


      2 years ago
      #

      mecanic: bally xylo
      numeric: black hole, centaur
      alpha: black knigt 2000, Genesis
      dot: Safe Cracker

      I'm only talking about original soundtracks


      2 years ago
      #

      IM and SM sound great for original music and they really get the adrenaline pumping.
      I love the Daft Punk tracks on Tron. I still have the Derezzed soundtrack in my truck. Trying to decide if I am going to buy an IM or Tron next.
      Pinbot has to win for me for arcade background sounds. Sometimes I turn on the Williams collection on Wi just for the Pinbot background music.


      2 years ago
      #
      SealClubber said:

      I still have the Derezzed soundtrack in my truck.

      Hahaha,
      I know the feeling SC.
      The people at work always want me to play the "R3CONF1GUR3D" album over and over again...


      2 years ago
      #

      IJ

      closely followed by

      TZ


      2 years ago
      #

      BOP, BSD,....Space Shuttle over Black Hole.



    Reply

    Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.





    © 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple