Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Slate
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 11 years ago

The Shadow
    CV
    TAF
    BSD
    TZ
    PBM
    TOTAN
    TZ
    BK
    B2K

all great magnet tricks

I will throw WOZ on there too just for the sheer quantity of magnets.

#52 11 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Goldeneye Satelite catch and eject ball save between flippers are easily two of my favourite magnet features in the same pin.

You beat me to it...by FAR the best use of magnets ever.......BAR NONE !

#53 11 years ago

That multiball start up on lost in space is the same way it starts on twister.
    I see no ones has mentioned stern nba yet as few have actually played it.

I have one so let me explain. Shoot the ball into the saucer hole up near the center of the playfield. The ball lands in the scoop and is launched above the playfield, in the air to the basketball backboard in thefar left back corner of the playfield, thus causing the ball to make a perfect basketball shot into the hoop. A neat trick compliments of a magnet mounted to the backside of the basketball backboard.

#55 11 years ago
    Quoted from hassellcastle:

That multiball start up on Lost In Space is the same way it starts on Twister.

That is one toy in X-Men LE

#56 11 years ago

Shadow, BSD and TOTAN top my list.

#57 11 years ago

A13 moon magnet

#58 11 years ago

This has been a great thread; we definitely need more magnets. I'd never seen Lost in Space and totally forgotten about Apollo 13. Come on WOZ and X-Men, scratch our magnet itches.

#59 11 years ago

I was playing Addams Family yesterday and missed the swamp shot from the mini flipper but the Power magnets adjusted the ball's trajectory enough that I still made it.

#60 11 years ago

That lost in space one is amazing.

#61 11 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

TOTAN fireball and Genie magnet that lowers ball under the playfield are my favorite uses of magnets to date. Pinball Magic's wand is pretty cool as well.

the totan fireball music is epic...it gets me soooo freaking pumped when I hear it!!!

#62 11 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Shadow, BSD and TOTAN top my list.

Shadow has the BEST lock ever. Its there...its gone?!

#63 11 years ago

RBION has a similar magnet near the top resembling the sanctum lock and the magnet on the left that adds some random ball movement as well.

GNR also has 3 magnets in the middle of the playfield that go off during multi-ball that really grab and whip the ball around too.

#64 11 years ago

My preference is for magnets (or most features for that matter) that are more interactive, and less of just a show.

It was mentioned briefly, but the pulsing magnasaves on Solar Fire, Jungle Lord, Pharaoh, and Grand Lizard are awesome! The BK one is just boring.

The one from Iron Man is pretty cool also.

#65 11 years ago
    Quoted from gabegabegabe:

My preference is for magnets (or most features for that matter) that are more interactive, and less of just a show.
    It was mentioned briefly, but the pulsing magnasaves on Solar Fire,

+1. Solar Fire has 3 pulses on each side too right?

#66 11 years ago

Wow, not one mention of pinball magic! Or did I miss it?
    Magic wand in pinball magic is hands down the best ever.

Pappy

#67 11 years ago

I'm the only one who bought a Stern IJ4? The magnets in Pandora's Box are awesome!

#68 11 years ago
    Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Wow, not one mention of Pinball Magic! Or did I miss it?
    Magic wand in Pinball Magic is hands down the best ever.
    Pappy

Yes, it's been mentioned.

The wand trick is cool but I can't get past the horrible mannequin hand (barely) holding it.

#69 11 years ago

I'm a bit surprised no one's mentioned one of my favorite magnet trick games: Rollergames! It had a magnet on the tip of the upper flipper and a VUK on the other side of the playfield that would drop the ball just above the upper flipper, and the magnet would hold the ball in the right spot so the upper flipper can put it right up the ramp. The layout is very similar to High Speed, which isn't too surprising since Steve Ritchie designed both.

#70 11 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Shadow has the BEST lock ever. Its there...its gone?!

The first time I played it I was not watching close and I did not know what happened. it was awesome.

#71 11 years ago

I've always liked Popadiuk's magnets and the powerfield on TZ, but that mist multiball on BSD is probably one of the coolest things with magnets, even though a lot of other people have already said it here.

#72 11 years ago
    Quoted from TunaSled:

Wow, not one mention of Pinball Magic! Or did I miss it?
    Magic wand in Pinball Magic is hands down the best ever.
    Pappy

Yes, it's been mentioned.

The wand trick is cool but I can't get past the horrible mannequin hand (barely) holding it.

Well, It never bothered me until you mentioned it. Crap, now I'm looking at the hand too much..thanks;-(

Pinball Magic has the most creative use of a magnet ever in a pinball machine. It doesn't stop the ball, it doesn't throw it, it doesn't catch it. It does something totally different than anything else.
    Check out this nice video of the games tricks. The wand is in there:

Pappy

#73 11 years ago

I always quite liked the helicopter magnet in Rescue 911, and the opening curtains on Playboy.

#74 11 years ago

Pinball Magic's wand.

#75 11 years ago

Wow, have never played a Pinball Magic but might have to change my answer to that after seeing the video.

Played BSD for the first time yesterday... Mist Multiball was really cool!

#76 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Wow, have never played a Pinball Magic but might have to change my answer to that after seeing the video.

Not shown is the wand moves to the other side that has 2 target holes. By pressing the button the magnets turns off and you try to make it in whichever hole is lit.

#77 11 years ago

To grab a ball is not that big of a deal like in TOM. The TOTAN dissapear is cool since it catches newbiews off guard.

Shadow is totally unique since the ball moves and shoots up. Cool code timing.

Maybe I am off but I thought CV the ball on the ringmaster where it flies off is cool.

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-magnet-trick-on-a-pin/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.