Best color to paint a Gameroom? (poll)

Started 1 year ago by mof in forum All PinballAll gameroom talk.

Best color to paint a Gameroom? (poll)

Topic summary

• Started 1 year ago by mof
  • 21 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from kyle051777

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs

Topic poll

• poll: Best color to paint a Gameroom? (poll)
    white : (2 votes)
    2 %
    blue : (26 votes)
    26 %
    grey : (16 votes)
    16 %
    red : (7 votes)
    7 %
    black : (15 votes)
    15 %
    purple : (14 votes)
    14 %
    green : (5 votes)
    5 %
    orange : (6 votes)
    6 %
    tan : (10 votes)
    10 %

• Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!

1 year, 1 month ago
      #

I just browsed the 100's of great shots of your Gamerooms, and I want to hear what YOU think is the best color you've seen from the photos.

I have one week to decide on a new color for the game room to hold (up to) 6 pins. I realize lighting is a big part of this. I have a typical yellowish-tan pergo hardwood floor, and a white ceiling with recessed overhead ceiling lights that perhaps could host a few black lights.

(adding a poll)

thanks!
      MOF

1 year, 1 month ago
      #

First!

1 year, 1 month ago
      #

I like a light grey because it picks up the color of the carpet. Probably won't look good with your tan floor though.

1 year, 1 month ago
      #

I have 4 colors, all earth tone, Tan ceiling, 1 olive green wall, lots of grey walls, red accent around the bar, all leftover paints from my painting contracts=free paint for me! yay!

1 year, 1 month ago
      #

I think whatever appeals to you the most. I have black because I think it makes all of the colors from the machines stand out more.

1 year, 1 month ago
      #

Maroon

1 year, 1 month ago
      #

Whatever matches the best.

1 year, 1 month ago
      #

Make a picture from the room!

1 year, 1 month ago
      #

I painted every wall a different color, there were five defferent colors in all and matched the colors that were in the carpet. The unfinished ceiling was painted black, water lines, wiring, duct work everything. Everyone that has seen it loves it. It's a gameroom so I thought it should look like a fun place.

1 year, 1 month ago
      #

I used a color scheme out of a Ralph Lauren paint brochure (earth tone brown and reds).

I don't think I ever found a paint color lised in the poll above. They all seem to have interesting names like "sun bleached sand" or "arctic sky", etc... lol I like the imaginative names they assign to the paint colors.

dmacy

Pinball master
      2,249,300 2
      1 year, 1 month ago
      #

I'll vote green because I used that but it's your room so you should go with what works for you. I did the olive green like centerflank but have white trim and ceiling tile. I like the earth tones and especially the olive green but its not a conventional color for a game room. I guess that's another reason I like it.

1 year, 1 month ago
      #
      mof said:

I just browsed the 100's of great shots of your Gamerooms, and I want to hear what YOU think is the best color you've seen from the photos.
      MOF

I did mine in Buzz Lightyear Alien Green. Brightened up the walls and the whole room (which is the basement). I also painted the floor joists above a super high gloss white to reflect light around the boards. So my vote is for green walls and a white ceiling

1 year, 1 month ago
      #

This color purple is amazing:

1 year, 1 month ago
      #

black with black carpeting... dimly lit, with cigarette smoke wafting through the air...

1 year, 1 month ago
      #

Green and Blue Retro Stripes on Grey:

3 Grey walls 1 Red Accent wall:

1 year, 1 month ago
      #

...whatever color the wife wants to paint it.

She encourages my pinball hobby, so she get whatever color makes her happy.

1 year, 1 month ago
      #
      Phetishboy said:

Green and Blue Retro Stripes on Grey:

3 Grey walls 1 Red Accent wall:

That's a super nice lineup you have (the Pole Position cockpit is a great piece)...I like the walls too.

1 year, 1 month ago
      #
      Max_Badazz said:

That's a super nice lineup you have (the Pole Position cockpit is a great piece)...I like the walls too.

Thanks man, that cockpit is by far my most played game at parties and get-togethers. Pole Position unites the masses.

1 year, 1 month ago
      #

I really appreciate the feedback and ideas.

1 year, 1 month ago
      #

Not sure how many responses a poll typically gets here, but I'm satisfied with the results so far with 66 votes in 48 hours, is that a wrap ?

*** IS BLUE THE WINNER ??? ***

Have Pinsiders chosen a final path for my game room?

It's a low-light room, with only 2 sets of windows on one wall, so will go very light blue walls "donkey kong blue", but make the wall behind the pinballs the accent wall, and go with a medium "mrs. pacman blue" there. These colors cannot fail.

Going to have four primary colors against this wall: green, yellow, red, and blue... by the following machines:

Grand Lizard, Taxi, Diner and Whirlwind.

=)

thanks!
      MOF

1 year ago
      #

Thanks to the great design work of 66 Pinsiders, my new game room is painted and moved into.

Will post new game room photos tonight.

Room colors are:

1) Donkey Kong Blue
      2) Mrs. Pac Man Blue (Accent wall for pins)
      and of course the bathroom is where you can sometimes have "control issues"...
      3) Nintendo Controller Grey
      4) White (just for trim)

thanks again for the help!
      MOF

1 year ago
      #

No creative name for white?

I'm also trying to figure out colors for my new extension room now that we've run out of room in the main lounge. I want to do black, but if I move JP in there it will just disappear. Blue may be the way to go. Waiting to see your pics.

1 year ago
      #

Posted!

This is just an early photo to show the two blues and the white ceiling. (No Iron Maiden posters have been hung yet !) Now you can see why I am interested in black lighting in there.
      MOF

1 year ago
      #

I really like mine-Saybrook Sage from Benjamin Moore-Its kinda like the color of money(;

1 year ago
      #

it is not bad.

1 year ago
      #
      SealClubber said:

I like a light grey because it picks up the color of the carpet. Probably won't look good with your tan floor though.

I did mine in a color called Grey Screen. It is effectively a weird looking grey / blue hue. It has a awesome impact with LED strips in the room and picks up the Dark Blue / touch of grey industrial carpet color nicely.

There is not one perfect color. I can imagine many but think about the color with LED's throughout and possibly color changing as I have. Then darker color's are not desirable.

1 year ago
      #

Oh here are the pictures. Stereo is in the vaulted ceiling, rack mount access in the attic. Awesome then nobody can touch it during parties.

kyle051777

Senior pinhead
      549,000 2
      1 year ago
      #
      thepinballworks said:

I painted every wall a different color, there were five defferent colors in all and matched the colors that were in the carpet. The unfinished ceiling was painted black, water lines, wiring, duct work everything. Everyone that has seen it loves it. It's a gameroom so I thought it should look like a fun place.

Do you have any pictures:)

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.

© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple