Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SelectavisionRCA-ad.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

Hey Guys...just picked up 2 DVD's from the TOP's guys and WOW. This is a must have for anyone getting into the hobby and learning how to work on their own games...

I picked up video #3 and #4 and have only made it half way through the first video and has already taught me a ton.
    I wished I had bought this years ago...

http://www.pinrepair.com/top/

Thanks Shaggy and Norm for doing this for us.

#2 10 years ago

Cool...thanks for sharing...might have to pick up a few myself...lot to learn over here

#3 10 years ago

are they video tape or DVD?

#4 10 years ago

This is required viewing for anyone with a machine.

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Betamax.

#6 10 years ago

Laserdisc

#7 10 years ago

DVD's....mentioned several times on the page...you could contact them to confirm

#8 10 years ago

yep..DVD's...

There have been a ton of Pinsiders that have helped me along the way, giving me an idea of what to look for and what to do. But seeing it being done makes a ton of difference.

Now I want to get an old beat up board and practice removing pins and soldering them back in. I can't wait to fix my first connector, etc etc....all these things intimidated me before, and although I will probably still send boards out to be done by the experts, I am a little more confident in diagnosing what the issue is.

Spend the money, get the DVD, and watch and learn.

#9 10 years ago

Wait until you sync of Dark Side of the Moon with them.

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from Captive_Ball:

DVD's....mentioned several times on the page...you could contact them to confirm

You young whippersnappers with your fancy digital doohickeys! I have a few TOP videos that are on VHS. Great, timeless info and entertaining too!

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

I have a few TOP videos that are on VHS.

Bah! I bought mine when each episode was on six 5-1/4" floppies running DOS 2.1. They are in color (amber is a color right?)

#13 10 years ago

They are great, very informative and some funny goofs as well (there is a glass cleaning demo that is classic.) FYI if you are watching these and your wife walks in the room, she will tease you for days, she said it was soooo nerdy.

#14 10 years ago

Must have disks for sure.

#15 10 years ago

Hey Burningman I only have them on Videodisc and my player is in the shop can I borrow your DVD copies?

SelectavisionRCA-ad.jpgSelectavisionRCA-ad.jpg

#16 10 years ago

Sad day last year when I finally dumped my LD player and disks in the dumpster

#17 10 years ago

They come on EPROMs that you pop in your machine and watch on the DMD.

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from radium:

They come on EPROMs that you pop in your machine and watch on the DMD.

oh cool, i hope ColorDMD colorizes these next.

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Sadder day was when I dumped all my 8-tracks.

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

Hey Burningman I only have them on Videodisc and my player is in the shop can I borrow your DVD copies?

but of course!

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Ssh! There are collectors who are just as nuts about those things as we are about pinballs!

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from tjsynkral:

Ssh! There are collectors who are just as nuts about those things as we are about pinballs!

even more nuts, believe it or not...

#23 10 years ago

Yes they are.

#24 10 years ago

That's why I still have ALL my LD's and the player. Money in the bank. Not a ton of money, but still.

#25 10 years ago

Now I want to get these.

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from JoeJet:

This is required viewing for anyone with a machine.

Unless you are blind or named Tommy....

Seriously good vids BTW.

#27 10 years ago

they are fantastic, but I think a lot of this forum don't want to learn how to fix anything. And they don't have a video for new stern. Which I think a majority around here only buy.

#28 10 years ago

must order another set, my 8-track player ate them.

#29 10 years ago

They are great. I still have the VHS tapes from when I bought mine.

#30 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

they are fantastic, but I think a lot of this forum don't want to learn how to fix anything. And they don't have a video for new stern. Which I think a majority around here only buy.

A fair point.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-1950-i-ever-spent and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.