BC's Pinball Amusements

Started 2 years ago by lpeters82 in forum MarketBuying advice.

Forum » Market » Buying advice » Topic

BC's Pinball Amusements

Topic summary

• Started 2 years ago by lpeters82
  • 14 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from lpeters82

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs

Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

UPDATE:

Alright, so I haven't ever ready anything good about the customer service at BCs Pinball Amusements, but it's been five-weeks since I placed my order. I've tried calling at least 20-times and I've emailed three or four times--no reply.

What should I do? Does anyone live near this location?

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

I've ordered from him a couple of times now. He's a little slow on shipping but, you will get your order. No worries.

Atomicboy

Pinball guru
    5,509,400 2
    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

Why would you order LEDs from a company like this? What type of LEDs are they?

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

As stated they are one of only two companies with teal or cyan 44s and 555s.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

Bruce is a super nice guy with a great selection of LEDs. I love the warm whites. He did just
    have his website re-done. I spoke with him last Friday and he is behind on orders. I will be
    ordering some LEDs tomorrow and will call and ask the status of your order.

Regards...

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

I have ordered from him several times. I have the cyan under the "m-a-r-t-i-a-n" inserts in AFM and he had a bunch of awesome suggestions for Funhouse bulbs.

NM

Pinball master
    1,940,550 2
    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

Yeah I love those Cyans, too.

He may be slow sometimes, but he'll come through for you.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

Good guy, VERY VERY slow. Took me about 4 weeks to get my last order.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

BC's is still the only place I have seen LED 1251 flasher bulbs. I have ordered from Bruce several times and never had any problmens (on bulbs that they have in stock).

Atomicboy

Pinball guru
    5,509,400 2
    2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    lpeters82 said:

As stated they are one of only two companies with teal or cyan 44s and 555s.

That's what I get for skimming quick, didn't notice that.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

gret leds just takes time to get them from him.

2 years ago
    #

Wow, sellers on Craigslist offer better customer service. I love the LEDs but the guy will not reply to any email. I've tried to contact him twice. Unless something changes this will be my last order. Once again we're nearing 20 days with no update on my order.

Do you just have to call to find out what's going on with your order?

2 years ago
    #
    lpeters82 said:

Wow, sellers on Craigslist offer better customer service. I love the LEDs but the guy will not reply to any email. I've tried to contact him twice. Unless something changes this will be my last order. Once again we're nearing 20 days with no update on my order.

Do you just have to call to find out what's going on with your order?

Good luck lpeters82. There was a thread about this a while back and I am sure Bruce is a nice guy but I don't think I will ever order from him again. He was the first place I ever ordered LEDs from, which was a kit. Well, to make a long story short it took about a month and then once I got the kit there were some bulbs missing (which I never got) and within 30 minutes of installation...yes less than thirty minutes, the bulbs starting burning out...one...by...one...by...one. Totally sucked. I did return and get some replacements but those are still sitting on one of my shelves. Just my story and two cents.

2 years ago
    #

ohhh no!!! I see another mad amusement thread starting. I hope he gets those orders out.

2 years ago
    #

It's not even just about getting the orders out, it's more about a complete lack of communication.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

UPDATE:

Alright, so I haven't ever ready anything good about the customer service at BCs Pinball Amusements, but it's been five-weeks since I placed my order. I've tried calling at least 20-times and I've emailed three or four times--no reply to anything.

Seriously, what should I do? Should I just file a credit card return and order from somewhere else?

Does anyone live near this location?

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Cointaker is THE led vendor at this current time.Surprised to see some of us still use BCs.Cointaker has surpassed BC in customer service and selection.This is not personal,this is buisness.Scott

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Wow, I actually talked Bruce from BCs just after posting. Really not good excuse at this point in my opinion, but at least my order will be going out today or Monday. It's too bad about the level of customer service. Of the buld I've used I really think the "44 White W1 1LED Frosted Non-Polarized" from BCs are the best for GI.

I feel like Goldilocks with LED, "this one's too bright", "this one's too dim", "this one is just right". I would also add "this one's strobing", but that didn't fit my story format as well.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    lpeters82 said:

UPDATE:
    Alright, so I haven't ever ready anything good about the customer service at BCs Pinball Amusements, but it's been five-weeks since I placed my order. I've tried calling at least 20-times and I've emailed three or four times--no reply to anything.
    Seriously, what should I do? Should I just file a credit card return and order from somewhere else?
    Does anyone live near this location?

Hell yes I would cancel the order. Theyre led's brutha! Not the Mona Lisa. Bad customer service will lose me as a customer immediately. Thats why I love places like Cointaker and Pinballlife.

If it is taking 4-5 weeks on an order it probably means he is ordering the bulbs as he receives orders. Not a good business plan.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Does anyone know where else to find LED 194 bulbs?
    I was going to place an order with BC, but not sure now.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

If I order again, ever, it's going to be via phone. I'd want a guarantee that my order will ship in 14 days.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.

© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple