021.JPG
029.JPG
007.JPG
008.JPG
025.JPG
022.JPG
017.JPG
015.JPG

There are 115 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 12 years ago

A few interior pics of the digs as well please. That BBB looks to have a nice resting spot.

#52 12 years ago

Also your home address and work hours if you wouldn't mind.

Quoted from HitLines:

A few interior pics of the digs as well please. That BBB looks to have a nice resting spot.

#53 12 years ago

I have said many times on this forum that I wish to own a BBB.

And I do.

The theme is just freakin amazing, to me, and I dearly love pinball, as you sir have pretty much proven to us here, in spades.

Bravo, well done, and most important of all ...

THANK YOU FOR SHARING THIS WITH US!!!
To you, sir,you who dares to aim for the stars, Ad Astra Per Aspera.

#54 12 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Still on track to open Saturday if anyone wants to come. If no one can make it to the boonies of Arkansas I might do it Friday. Either way, I will try to add dancing girls to the vid.

Hmmm... Friday? Montreal - Springdale only 25 hours one way!

#55 12 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

Also your home address

Ha by no means. The video is plenty.

#56 12 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Shoot_Again said:Congrats on your purchase. This is likely the last NIB BBB in existance.
Hope you really enjoy it
Game on
I doubt that.

Put up or shut up...lol!

#57 12 years ago

Capcom made some great pins....a shame they went out of the pin business so quickly.

#58 12 years ago

Ehhhh, sorry. Did I miss the pics?

#59 12 years ago

Yeah what gives Rommy, show us the goods!!

#60 12 years ago

I just found this thread. A NIB BBB and HUO CV. Someone spent a few bucks. Congrats, sounds like you will have a hard time leaving the house.

#61 12 years ago

Wow, late to the party but super congrats on this!

#62 12 years ago
Quoted from Pinballdad:

TaylorVA said:Shoot_Again said:Congrats on your purchase. This is likely the last NIB BBB in existance.
Hope you really enjoy it
Game on
I doubt that.
Put up or shut up...lol!

They still come up, such as this one, so why assume this is the last?

#63 12 years ago

Hope evertything is okay with this NIB machine

#64 12 years ago

Be sure to save the box... for resale.

norfolk.craigslist.org link

#65 12 years ago
Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

LOL

#66 12 years ago
Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

Oh, damn, I collect pinball machine boxes, if only I were closer!!!!!

#67 12 years ago

Heh.. I have a Transformers box in my van I'd be willing to sell for $20

Would make a great house for the right kinda person.

#68 12 years ago

Where are the rest of the pictures?
Did the machine fall on him?

#70 12 years ago

Uh, he's waiting til Friday or Saturday. Those come after Thursday.

#71 12 years ago

Wow......a new in box BBB and a minty CV. Want to be my new best friend? Those are some expensive toys

#72 12 years ago

Hey all, someone just has to go down and help rommy out with this terrible chore he has to undertake. I am about 4 hrs away and wishing gas was not so expensive. I may not make it down this weekend but rommy was gracious enough to say yes when I asked to visit sometime this summer. Real cool Pinsider. Thanks again and congrats for making it all happen. I look forward to visiting your pinball mecca.

#73 12 years ago

thanks for all the well wishes...Today is the day!!! Just me and the family showed up , have camera and tripod ready. Wonder if I can match my VPin score right away...will post pics/vid later this evening

#74 12 years ago

Have a super day rommy. I cant think of anything more exciting than what your about to undertake. Maybe Salma showing up in a bikini with a new WoZ. yeah, that about do it. Enjoy friend.

#75 12 years ago

incredible stuff, have an amazing day

#76 12 years ago

, more to follow, I made a vid also.

008.JPG008.JPG

#77 12 years ago

Great stools, buddy!! Did you design them?

#78 12 years ago

Holy Crap....Congrats...Where and the heck did you find that? Looks great Rommy

#79 12 years ago

Wow

#80 12 years ago

Great looking combo there Rommy!

#81 12 years ago
Quoted from Pinballdad:

TaylorVA said:

Shoot_Again said:Congrats on your purchase. This is likely the last NIB BBB in existance.
Hope you really enjoy it
Game on
I doubt that.
Put up or shut up...lol!

??
Just speculating 14 made by Capcom I am sure there are so many floating around in boxes.
Little brazen over such a small comment.

Anyways
Rommy
congrats again on the new pins
Have fun first and foremost

#82 12 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

14 made by Capcom

Nobody is talking about an original made by Capcom.

Rommy: Congrats!

#83 12 years ago

congrats again

#84 12 years ago

Just noticed your poor scrolls for CV.
It took me a few days to put mine on after getting them.
I almost didn't as they screw into the header. And mine too is HUO.
I am glad I did they look fantastic.
Also added the bell which you can still hear with software version turned on.

I would like to find a BBB locally to play. I have no idea if I want one yet. =-)

#85 12 years ago

Woah...2 CV and a BBB......................now you are just showing off

#86 12 years ago
Quoted from Wickedquickss:

Woah...2 CV and a BBB......................now you are just showing off

I think that's a mirrored wall by the looks of it , lol.

Nice set up. Very very jealous

#87 12 years ago

How many BBB's are there out there?

#88 12 years ago

nice looking BBB and CV . How do you like BBB so far?

#89 12 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

I think that's a mirrored wall by the looks of it , lol.

Could be a rare "opposite hand" CV.

#90 12 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Less then 200 I believe, protos included.

Grats Rommy, you are livin' the dream.

#91 12 years ago

Just noticed your poor scrolls for CV.
It took me a few days to put mine on after getting them

Definiteley putting those on.

How do you like BBB so far?

It is fast, the modes are fun, looks like it has factory LEDs but it does not. PF is incredible, really shines. The tube dancer effect is better in person than on VPin as is the lighted ramp. I seem to need a bounce to hit the cosmic dartz consistently and that type of bounce shot into the corner is my favorite in pinball. Similar to the creature shot on MB but other side. Plunging the ball in multiball is so frikkin cool!!! I thought it would be a pain and was ready to ding it for that, but it adds to the frenzy.

It sits in between CV and RBION. A Lawlor and a JPop. Roadshow is up there also, imho one of lawlor's best. So it has MAJOR competition for game play. My wife has declared CV to be her favorite pin of all time already. Is it as good as CV? Wellll...I mean...yes and no. From my collector's standpoint it is better. But playing them all...for me to pick a top dog for enjoyment...YES, it is as good as CV. When you are playing you know it is rare and unique and that creeps into your mind whilst playing adding to the enjoyment. The theme is not approached by any of the pins I have adding again to the "play me" factor. The sounds and callouts are totally unique to me, having not played any other capcoms. Cabinet art? Oh yeah. I'll just say it...I would be curious about this myself...It WAS worth it...I stepped back in time for almost a whole day. My very first NIB pin was BBB #6. That will never change. I so wish there had been a room full of pinheads drinking beer and playing pins into the wee hours to share it with. Next time...

The CV I got from Pat Choy. I think he hid some surprises for me! It has the color changing shooter handle, hole protector around ringmaster, and it sounds better than all of the other pins, more bass. I suspect a speaker upgrade. All of those things are a surprise. The manual has never been opened, well I opened it. CV has always been my personal favorite and this example is truly HUO.

This is the only place to share stuff like this. Imagine if I had posted this on RGP...the hate. Pinside is like having a room full of friends on call waiting 24/7! Did y'all see LT help me last night?? He was johnny on the spot for sure, what a trip to be able to have someone like LT help you set up your first NIB, I mean to me he is a legend.

What the hell am I doing posting on a forum? CYA...<<<going to beat 140mill this morning for sure!

ps-The plaque for BBB says "The Tsubota Arcade"...wonder what their story is...might need new plaque.

007.JPG007.JPG 029.JPG029.JPG 021.JPG021.JPG

#92 12 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Crazed:

Less then 200 I believe, protos included.

Wow, what a dummy I am, with all the BBB's trading around should have known there were more than 14.....I guess MG will sell for about 40k on the after market.....

Great game and collectible Rommy, artwork and translite look really cool on BBB...

#93 12 years ago

Congrats again and thanks for sharing the review and pics. Very happy for you!! Enjoy!

#94 12 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

about 210 remakes and the original dozen or so

#95 12 years ago

Rommy, thanks for keeping us updated every step of the way. We voyeuristically share your joy. I know what you mean about just the rarity factor adding to the joy. Honestly, and I hope I don't get a lot of flack on this comment, but playing red SM is about as much fun to me as AFM or MM, but the rarity of the last two adds to the appeal. Heck, even NGG is pretty dang fun to play at a fraction the cost. But knowing you have a great example of one of only a few hundred in the world... great feeling.

I'm a collector (and drinker) of wines. The same thing goes there. When you're holding, or even drinking a bottle that may be one of only a few hundred left in the world, it adds to the romance and enjoyment of the experience.

Anyway, myself and us pinsiders sure are happy for you and share your joy.

#96 12 years ago

Congrats Rommy and thanks for sharing the pics. I attached the scrolls for CV with double stick tape or velcro. (could not drill into the head) And yes Pat Choy is a good guy!!
Doug

#97 12 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

ps-The plaque for BBB says "The Tsubota Arcade"...wonder what their story is...might need new plaque.

Rommy that is the last name of the guy who sold the machine to you that Pat got it from. It should have a plaque saying #6 on right side of apron not that guys last name. Yet he is the man so I can see why they put a special plaque with his name haha crazy...

#98 12 years ago

Congrats Rommy! You must still be excited everytime you walk past it.

I was hoping this thread would be more active, let's see the vid and more pics

#99 12 years ago

better game room pics, until MB gets here!!

IMG_0879.JPGIMG_0879.JPG IMG_0882.JPGIMG_0882.JPG IMG_0884.JPGIMG_0884.JPG

#100 12 years ago

So how are you liking it, rommy? Is it worth all the hype?

Edit: Never mind. I just noticed the assessment you wrote five days ago. That's a cool room with the mirrors. I'm guessing it was originally an exercise room?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Long Beach, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 209.00
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 115 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bbb-nib-unboxing/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.