STT_LED_4.jpg
STT_LED_3.jpg
STT_LED_2.jpg
STT_LED_1.jpg
Star_Trek_Topper_LED.jpg
Star_Trek_Toppers.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Just saw the great Laseriffic topper on this thread:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/these-are-the-voyages-of-a-laseriffic-custom-sign

It got me thinking of wanting a great topper for my Star Trek. Started looking for some ideas on ebay and then it hit me! About 25 years ago I had purchased both the Franklin Mint pewter models of the Enterprise and a Klingon Battle Cruiser! Luckily I remembered exactly where I had stashed them so I dug them out, cleaned them up, and now I have the perfect topper for my Bally Star Trek!!

Star_Trek_Toppers.jpgStar_Trek_Toppers.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Great topper. Good that you used the battle cruiser and not the more popular bird of prey too since the bird of prey didn't appear till the third movie.

#3 10 years ago

Here are some more pics. Yes the Battle Cruiser really matches the Graphics on the back glass perfectly. I find it interesting that looking at these star ships from the bottom up rather than at eye level gives them a sense of power and grandeur. Very happy with my find!

// Error: Image 117869 not found // // Error: Image 117870 not found // // Error: Image 117871 not found //

2 weeks later
#4 10 years ago

Just added a couple of LED strips to the Topper. Cool White in the front and Blue in the back. Wanted to create a "Deep Space" feel.

Just wanted to share. Thanks!

Star_Trek_Topper_LED.jpgStar_Trek_Topper_LED.jpg

#5 10 years ago

Now you just need to reproduce them and start to sell them.

#6 10 years ago

Nice look. I agree with mato. Time to start the production line.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

Now you just need to reproduce them and start to sell them.

Quoted from Goonie:

Nice look. I agree with mato. Time to start the production line.

Like I mentioned at the top of the thread these are the pewter models that Franklin Mint offered about 25 years ago. They are still pretty easy to find on ebay. No way I could ever get the licensing to reproduce something like this anyways!

#8 10 years ago

I teally like the original (non movie) BG the best. Yours looks super with the LEDs on the PF!

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Jags:

Like I mentioned at the top of the thread these are the pewter models that Franklin Mint offered about 25 years ago. They are still pretty easy to find on ebay. No way I could ever get the licensing to reproduce something like this anyways!

We don't want to hear excuses!!! Just make it so! I still have one Trek pin without a topper!

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

I teally like the original (non movie) BG the best. Yours looks super with the LEDs on the PF!

This movie BG works well with the Klingon Battle Cruiser Topper as they are also on the BG. The Cruisers look really cool!! Plus the movie BG also has the extra planet on the right middle. I added an extra LED behind that spot to highlight the planet. I do, however, like the original uniforms better on the crew in the original TV BG.

My entire pin is 100% LED. And yes it does look great!

Thanks!!

#12 10 years ago

Just took a couple more pics with the topper models in the LED light. I just love the contrast between the cool white - blue - and the shadows!

STT_LED_1.jpgSTT_LED_1.jpg STT_LED_2.jpgSTT_LED_2.jpg STT_LED_3.jpgSTT_LED_3.jpg STT_LED_4.jpgSTT_LED_4.jpg STT_LED_5.jpgSTT_LED_5.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Ana, CA
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
New Brighton, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gilbert, AZ
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 10.00
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-star-trek-topper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.