(Topic ID: 86675)

Bally Future Spa Plastics Wanted - I know it's a long shot...

By Chaos

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Stu
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Don't have too much hope, but I am looking for a few parts for the 1979 Bally Future Spa machine.
Have quite an extensive restoration to do here. Looking for a few plastics, a set of the drop targets (yes..I think those can be found new) and a few other playfield parts. Don't need all the plastics..so let me know of anything, from one to all of them.
Let me know if anyone knows of anything out there. I don't have too much hope of finding them..but you never know.
Also looking to find out whatever goes in that box at the top left of the back box in front of the bulbs. Something went there....I hear something about colored transparent paper or something?...to light up behind the game name. Would appreciate any help with knowing what went there too or a pic.
Appreciate any assistance.

Chaos

#2 10 years ago

The foil you mentioned is a piece of holografic plastic applied to the backglass. Too bad it's often missing. Looks very cool when lit.

According your other request,i think i have a set of spare plastics. I have alot of new and used parts from this era games. I will pm you about those.

#3 10 years ago

Wow...I look forward to the pm, and thanks again. You have come through for me more than once.
Does anyone have a photo of what that holographic plastic looked like? It seems to sit in quite a deep box?
Baie Dankie!

Chaos

#4 10 years ago

Drop targets can be had through Pinball Resource. I replaced mine a while back. Just be aware you may need to adjust the bracket to get them to work properly....mine had to be hammered back flat after putting in the new targets..the entire side was like a ) where the target arms go through the bracket. =P

Mine is folded up and I'm not going to be unpacking it before I trade/sell it more likely than not, otherwise I'd offer to take pics of the insert box.

#5 10 years ago

Thanks. Yep..I do need drop targets, only one of them is in 1 piece.
This machine is going to be a long and difficult restoration. Boards look messed with, and I am not convinced any of them are ok. Not even going to attempt a boot up until I get the boards sorted. Playfield is not too bad actually. Nice in places, with a few mylar bubbles and a little peeling, and some slightly dished inserts. But the rest of the playfield will clean nicely. Back glass is very nice...best part of it.
Machines are fairly scarce here in SA, so really want to try and get this one going. My first 2 pins were easy clean/strip/polish jobs that came out amazing. This will be my first actual full restore/repair.
Luckily the gf loves doing this as much as (or more) then me..so all 3 machines are here in the living room with us, with the pc next to them....while we watch tv.

Chaos

#6 10 years ago

I can imagine. Good news is that Bally boards are both usually very repairable, especially if there's no acid damage, and cheap cheap cheap relatively speaking. You can actually buy aftermarket replacements for every board in the early Bally solid state games if I'm not mistaken!

My stuff's in my living room too... Pins, tools, and all. =)

#7 10 years ago

If someone has an NOS or Very Clean, Complete & No Broken Pieces Set that they are willing to send me I'd be happy to repro them....

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-future-spa-plastics-wanted-i-know-its-a-long-shot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.