Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Sparky347
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Tommy,.jpg
    Tommy.jpg
    104b8970.jpg
    104_9660.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

About 2 Yr's ago I Listed a JM on C.List , an Old Guy ( maybe 75 ) called me and I told him how to get to my Pad.. He Liked JM , He brought Cash , Paid-n-Full and gave me a Tip if i would deliver it 20 miles ( Sure ) a month later he bought a Secret Service and a Touch Screen from me ,, and he also Hired me to Install Tile in 2 of his bathrooms .. ( Great Guy ) I also got a Buyer for his Mills Slot Machine ( He got 1K for it ) I called him around 16 mth's ago to see if he was Burnt out play-n JM yet , ( I wanted it back ) ,, No ,, he was Enjoying Both Pin's and was ok.. Last week I called him again , ,,, his cell was No Longer in Service.. This Evening I drove to his House , No car was present , I did ring the door bell.. I looked in his Garage window as i was leaving ,, All Pin's Were gone.. A Neighbor said he was driving to get breakfast 1 morning about 1 Yr ago and had a car wreck and Died !! Terrible !!! Frank was a Great Guy and Now he's Gone and the pin's are too. The House was Sold etc....

Also in the same area , I checked on another Pin That I Low-balled and left empty handed ..
    The guy has a Tommy , and has owned it for 15 Yr's.. MrTechnoBarn went w/ me that nite..
    He said he hasn't played it no more than 4 or 5 Times since 2011 . He took my name and # and said he was Get-n Ready to move and would call me if he decided to sell. The Tommy lOOks Great .. Below is a Pict- i took the nite I was there.. I've Never Owned it , so Why Not !!

Has Anyone Else back-Tracked some of Yr Pins to acquire them again ?

104_9660.jpg104_9660.jpg 104b8970.jpg104b8970.jpg Tommy.jpgTommy.jpg Tommy,.jpgTommy,.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Wow that story really strikes a nerve BR
    the 75 year old gentleman really got a kick from the games you sold him - thats cool
    but very sad about the car wreck -man things can change in a heartbeat

#3 11 years ago

I tried multiple times to buy a JM in a Pizza joint here. I worked on it for free so I could play it. They sold the Pizza place and said the machine was part of the deal/store and they wouldn't sell it separately. The place is now a German restaurant and the owner said she knows nothing about a pinball machine.

Sad to hear about the older gentlemen.

#4 11 years ago

First of RIP

Secondly I have thought about it for a couple of titles but I figure if they stayed in my area and someone was ready to sell they would answer a want ad. I have posted machines I have sold in the past on current day want ads in an attempt to acquire them again but have never tracked down the exact person I sold too.

Let this post remind us that life is short
    Work hard Play harder
    Have a great night

#5 11 years ago

I have only sold two and I keep in touch with both guys. One is a good friend and the other is begging me to sell him more pins.

#6 11 years ago

I traded my No Fear from Judge Dredd, I love both so I'll be looking to get Skull back next year?

#7 11 years ago

never.. usually I sell my games cheap. only a few times someone contacted me asking if I was interested buying a machine back, but as I don't offer too much (there's a reason I sold a game, and I won't buy the game back for the same price as I sold it), people prefer to sell it to someone else for more money..

one really wanted me to buy the game back but he asked $300 more than what I sold it to him for; I don't think so..

#8 11 years ago

Yup.. my current collection is mostly buy-backs. My rule of thumb too is that anything I own twice stays in the collection. So far, that means Mystery Castle, DemoMan, Starship Troopers and Strange Science aren't going anywhere.

1 week later
    #9 11 years ago

I've bought back Several that I've Sold over the Past 4 Yr's ... Several I Didn't want back ,, Not because it was a Terd , just because I didn't care 4 the Pin.... I'd Like to have my Single Owner MB that I sold Honch back ,, He Want let it go tho.. Don't Blame him !!!

#10 11 years ago

I always tell buyers I will take my games back in trade or buy outright minus a shop job and have gotten a few back.
    I have bought the same WH2O 3 times, now it is getting a new PF and going into Keepers Row.

#11 11 years ago

I have tried to buy back four pins without success. WH20, Scared Stiff, Embryon and Grand Lizard were all in super nice condition and figured at least one would be offered. All were still with their Buyers.

#12 11 years ago

Sad about the 75 year old gent. But man are you determined that if the guy didn't answer his phone you went to his house?? Pin Hunter extreme. If it works for you cool not judging. I'd be a little put off if someone I bought a pin from years ago just came knocking on my door. Just sayin.

#13 11 years ago

A while back I decided to sell my Fire! , a game that got me into pinball when I was 18 and by fluke the actual game that I had played on location back in the day. I had agreed to a deal with a guy on CL for Fire! and had put together a second deal for myself to buy a A13 from another seller. As the 3way deal went along the Fire buyer was unable to make it to my house to purchase the machine until 3 days after the previously agreed upon day. I stayed in contact with my A13 seller the whole time giving him updates and offering to come and give a deposit in the interim. My seller was very understanding and told me that he was ok waiting and no deposit was required. Anyways, my Fire! guy was enroute to pick up my game and i phoned my seller telling him I was able to come out that night to pick up A13 or if it was easier I could come out the following afternoon. My seller informed me that A13 had sold that afternoon. My Fire! buyer came and I explained what had happened. He asked if I was still ok selling my game and I said I would stick to the plan,after all I knew what it was like to loose out on a game.
    Fire! left and I got a lump in my throat as it left, this was MY childhood leaving. I loved that game and had fallen for the grass is always greener scenario.
    I went out to visit Fire at its new house, the new owner needed some flipper work done and some troubleshooting. I had a real tough time working on it, kinda like seeing your ex with her new boyfriend.
    For the next few months the Fire! guy phoned several times wanting me to come fix things for him ,offering to pay of course, really nice guy, but I couldn't do it and couldn't say no so I'm ashamed to say I ignored the calls.
    Finally, I saw my Fire! posted on CL about a year later, for slightly above what I'd sold it for. I couldn't handle thinking that it was going to be sold and I'd never see it again. I phoned him with my tail between my legs, apologizing profusely for abandoning him but explained my reasoning. He told me that he had been trying to phone me for months to offer me my game back but with no response he'd posted it knowing it would get my attention but at a price that no one else would bite at. He said of course he would sell it back to me, it was my game, a game that i'd never had any issues with but had been nothing but trouble at his house.
    He sold me back my fire! for exactly what I'd sold it to him for. It's been back at home now for a couple years and it's never skipped a beat. I think it's happy to be home, and I'll never let it go again.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/back-tracking-pins-that-ive-sold-b_r and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.